2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th November 2015, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Re: BPUT Syllabus for 5th Sem ECE

As you are looking for syllabus of B.Tech ECE 5th Semester Program of BPUT University, so here I am providing detailed syllabus:

BPUT University B.Tech 5th Semester ECE Syllabus
HSSM3303 ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING & SAFETY (3-0-0)

Module – I
Ecological Concepts: Biotic components, Ecosystem Process: Energy, Food Chain, Water cycle, Oxygen cycle, Nitrogen cycle etc., Environmental gradients, Tolerance levels of environment factor, EU, US and Indian Environmental Law. Chemistry in Environmental Engineering: Atmospheric chemistry, Soil chemistry. Noise pollution- Noise standards, measurement and control. Water Treatment: water quality standards and parameters, Ground water. Water treatment processes, Pre-treatment of water, Conventional process, Advanced water treatment process

Module – II
(a)Waste Water Treatment: DO and BOD of Waste water treatment process, pretreatment, primary and secondary treatment of waste water, Activated sludge treatment: Anaerobic digestion, Reactor configurations and methane production.
(b)Air Pollution : Air pollution and pollutants, criteria pollutants, Acid deposition, Global climate change –greenhouse gases, non-criteria pollutants, air pollution meteorology, Atmospheric dispersion. Industrial Air Emission Control. Flue gas desulphurization, NOx removal, Fugitive emissions.
(c) Solid waste, Hazardous waste management, Solid Waste Management, Source classification and composition of MSW: Separation, storage and transportation, Reuse and recycling, Waste Minimization Techniques. Hazardous Waste Management, Hazardous waste and their generation, Transportation and treatment: Incinerators, Inorganic waste treatment. E.I.A., Environmental auditing,

Module – III
Occupational Safety and Health Acts, Safety procedures, Type of Accidents, Chemical and Heat Burns, Prevention of Accidents involving Hazardous substances, Human error and Hazard Analysis. Hazard Control Measures in integratednsteel industry, Petroleum Refinery, L.P.G. Bottling, Pharmaceutical industry. Fire Prevention – Detection, Extinguishing Fire, Electrical Safety, Product Safety. Safety Management- Safety Handling and Storage of Hazardous Materials, Corrosive Substances, Gas Cylinders, Hydro Carbons and Wastes. Personal Protective Equipments.

HSSM3301 PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT (3-0-0)
Module I: Functions of Management

Concept of Management, Management as an Art or Science, The Process of Management, Managerial Skills, Good Managers are Born, not Made, Management is concerned with Ideas, Things and People, How a Manager Induces Workers to Put in Their Best, Levels and Types of Management, Evolution of Management Thought: Managerial Environment, The process of Management-Planning, Organizing, Directing, Staffing, Controlling.

Module II: Marketing Function of Management.
Modern Concept of Marketing, The Functional Classification of Marketing, Functions of a Marketing Management, Marketing Mix, Fundamental Needs of Customers, The Role of Distribution channels in Marketing, Advertising, Marketing, Consumerism and Environmentalism.

Module III: Financial Function & HRM Functions.
Financial Functions, Concept of Financial Management, Project Appraisal, Tools of Financial decisions making, Overview of Working Capital.
HRM Function of Management: Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Importance of HRM, Overview of Job Analysis, Job Description, Job Specification, Labour Turnover. Manpower Planning, Recruitment, Selection, Induction, Training and Development, Placement, Wage and Salary Administration, Performance Appraisal, Grievance Handling, Welfare Aspects.

PCEC4303 CONTROL SYSTEM ENGINEERING (3-0-0)
Module-I : (12 Hours)

Introduction to Control Systems : Basic Concepts of Control Systems, Open loop and closed loop systems, Servo Mechanism/Tracking System, Regulators, Mathematical Models of Physical Systems: Differential Equations of Physical Systems: Mechanical Translational Systems, Mechanical Acceloroments, Retational systems, Gear Trains, Electrical Systems, Analogy between Mechanical and electrical quanties, Thermal systems, fluid systems, Derivation of Transfer functions, Block Diagram Algebra, Signal flow Graphs, Mason's Gain Formula. Feedback characteristics of Control Systems: Effect of negative feedback on sensitivity, bandwidth, Disturbance, linearizing effect of feedback, Regenerative feedback.
Control Components : D.C. Servomotors, A.C. Servomotors, A.C. Tachometer, Synchros, Stepper Motors.

Module-II : (15 Hours)
Time response Analysis : Standard Test Signals : Time response of first order systems to unit step and unit ramp inputs. Time Response of Second order systems to unit step input, Time Response specifications, Steady State Errors and Static Error Constants of different types of systems. Generalised error series and Gensalised error coefficients, Stability and Algebraic Criteria, concept of stability, Necessary conditions of stability, Hurwitz stability criterion, Routh stability criterion, Application of the Routh stability criterion to linear feedback system, Releative stability by shifting the origin in s-plane.
Root locus Technique: Root locus concepts, Rules of Construction of Root locus, Determination of Roots from Root locus for a specified open loop gain, Root contours, Systems with transportation lag. Effect of adding open loop poles and zeros on Root locus.

Module-III : (13 Hours)
Frequency Response Analysis : Frequency domain specifications, correlation between Time and Frequency Response with respect to second order system, Polar plots, Bode plot. Determination of Gain Margin and Phase Margin from Bode plot.
Stability in frequency domain : Principle of argument, Nyquist stability criterion, Application of Nyquist stability criterion for linear feedback system.
Closed loop frequency response : Constant Mcircles, Constant N-Circles, Nichol's chart.
Controllers : Concept of Proportional, Derivative and Integral Control actions, P, PD, PI, PID controllers. Zeigler-Nichols method of tuning PID controllers.

PCEC4301 MICROPROCESSORS (3-0-0)
Module-I : (10 Hours)

Organization of Microprocessor
Introduction to the general concept of microprocessor organization, I/O sub-systems, programming the system, ALU, instruction execution, instruction word format, addressing modes, address/data/control bus, tristate bus, interfacing I/O devices, data transfer schemes, architectural advancements of microprocessor, evolution of microprocessors.

Module-II : (12 Hours)
Intel 8086- Hardware Architecture:
Introduction, Bus interface unit(BIU), Execution unit(EU), pin description, register organization, instruction pointer, data register, pointer and index registers, status register, stack, external memory addressing, bus cycle (minimum mode):memory or I/O read/write for minimum mode, clock generator Intel- 8284A, bidirectional bus trans-receiver 8286/8287, bus controller 8288, bus cycle memory read/write for minimum mode, 8086 system configuration (minimum mode as well as maximum mode), memory interfacing, interrupt processing; software interrupts, single step interrupt, non-maskable interrupt, maskable interrupt, interrupt priority, DMA, Halt State, Wait for Test state, comparison between 8086 an 8088.

Module-III : (13 Hours)
Instruction set and programming:
Programmer's model of Intel 8086, operand type, addressing modes 8086 assembler directives, instruction set, programming examples on data transfer group, arithmetic-logical groups, control transfer groups (loop and loop handling instruction), conditional and unconditional group, procedures and stack operations, string instructions.,branch program structure like IF-THEN-ELSE REPEAT-UNTIL and WHILE-DO,
I/O Interfacing ;
8-bit input- output port 8255 PPI, memory mapped i/o ports,8254 programmable Interval Timer, 8273 Programmable Direct Memory Access Controller, 8251 USART, 8279 Programmable Keyboard/Display Controller.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BPUT University B.Tech 5th Semester ECE Syllabus.zip (29.0 KB, 59 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in