2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th May 2018, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Re: Botany Syllabus BAMU

Can you provide me the syllabus of M.Sc. Botany Program offered by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad?
10th May 2018, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Botany Syllabus BAMU

The syllabus of M.Sc. Botany Program offered by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad is as follows:

BOT 401 Cell Biology
Unit I

i. Prokaryotic and eukaryotic Cell: The ultra-structural details and comparative assessment.

Unit II
i. Plasma membrane: Molecular .organization, current models and functions. Cell wall architecture, biosynthesis, assembly, growth and cell expansion
Ii Plasmodesmata: Structure and role in movement of molecules and macromolecules.

Unit III
i. Cytoskeleton: Organization and role of microtubules and microfilaments. Implications in flagellate and other movements
ii. Plant vacuole: Tonoplast membrane, ATPases, transporters, as storage organelle.

Unit IV
Chloroplast and Mitochondria: Ultrastructure, function and biogenesis. The organization of genome and patterns of gene expression

Unit V
Nucleus: Microscopic and sub microscopic organization. Structure and function of nuclear Envelope The ultrastructure of nucleolus and its role in rRNA biosynthesis

Unit VI
Ribosomes: Structure and site of protein synthesis. Mechanism of translation, details of initiation, elongation and termination. The structure and role of RNA

Practical based on Bot-401

1. To determine mitotic Index in different plant materials.
2. Karyomorpholpgical studies from slide/photograph.
3. Induction of mitotic abnormalities through chemical treatment.
4. Determination of chiasma Frequency in plants.
5. Fluorescence staining with FDA for cell viability and cell wall staining with calcoflour.
6. Demonstration of-SEM and TEM organelles.
7. Demonstration of acid phosphataes and succinic dehydrogenase activity in plants.
8. Localization of nuclear DNA by using Feulgen as a DNA specific stain.

Syllabus M.Sc. Botany Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in