2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th July 2016, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Bcom syllabus Punjabi University

As you are looking for Punjabi University B.com 1st year syllabus , so on your demand here I am providing same for you :

B.COM. PART-I (Ist Semester)
BC 103: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING -I

SECTION-A
It will consist of essay type and numerical questions. Four questions, two theory and two
numerical, shall be set by the examiner from Unit-I of the syllabus and the candidate shall be
required to attempt two. Each question shall carry 10 marks; total weight of the section shall be
20 marks.

SECTION-B
It will consist of essay type and numerical questions. Four questions, two theory and two
numerical, shall be set by the examiner from Unit-II of the syllabus and the candidate shall be
required to attempt two. Each question shall carry 10 marks; total weight of the section shall be
20 marks.

SECTION-C
It will consist of 12 very short answer questions from entire syllabus. Students are
required to attempt 10 questions up to five lines in length. Each question shall carry 3 marks;
total weight of the section shall be 30 marks

UNIT-I

Accounting: Meaning, Scope and Importance, Branches of Accounting, Accounting Concepts
and Conventions, Double Entry System, Preparation of Journal, Subsidiary Books including
Cash Book, Ledger, Trial Balance, Preparation of Final Accounts of Sole Traders and
Partnership Firms.

UNIT-II
Bank Reconciliation Statement, Distinction between Capital and Revenue items, Depreciation
Methods and Accounting including AS-6, Accounts of Non-Trading Concerns including
Hospital and Educational Institutions.
Accounts relating to Partnership: Admission, Retirement and Death of a Partner,
Dissolution of Partnership, Amalgamation of Firms, Sale of Firm to a Company, Gradual
Realisation of Assets and Piece Meal Distribution.

Punjabi University B.com 1st year syllabus ,

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Punjabi University B.com 1st year syllabus .pdf (656.5 KB, 830 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in