2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th May 2018, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

Re: Basic Electronics Syllabus BPUT

I am in 1st Semester of B.Tech Course of Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT). I heard that the University has changed syllabus of Basic Electronics Subject. So is there anyone who will provide new syllabus of Basic Electronics Subject of B.Tech 1st semester Course of Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT)?
30th May 2018, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Basic Electronics Syllabus BPUT

As you are looking for new syllabus for Basic Electronics Subject of B.Tech 1st Semester Course of Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), so here I want to inform you as per my information there is no change in syllabus of this subject.

Here I am providing detailed syllabus for your reference:

Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT) B.Tech 1st Semester Basic Electronics Syllabus:

MODULE - I (11 Lectures)
1. In troduction of Modern Electronics : Signals, Frequency Spectrum, Analogue and Digital Signals, Amplifiers, Digital Logic Inverter, ICs.

2. Basic Electronics Semiconductor Concepts : Intrinsic Semiconductor Materials, Energy levels; Mobility, Conductivity; n-and p-type, Concept of hole, Mojority and Minority Carriers, Mechanism of Current flow.

3. Semiconductor Diode : p-n junction, Forward - Bias Condition, Reverse Bias Condition, V-I Characterstic, Diode Equation, Zener region, Silicon Vrs. Germanium, DC Resistance levels, AC Resistance, Simplified Equivalent Circuits of a Diode, Diode Specification Sheets. Application of Diode as Rectifier, Clamper, Clipper and Detector.

MODULE - II (12 Lectures)
4. Bipolar Junction Transistors : Transistor Construction, Transistor operation; Common - Emitter Configuration, V - I Characterstics, Biasing, Load Line DC analysis, Transistor specification sheets. Transistor Testing. Small Signal Analysis, Analysis of CE Amplifier and Emitter follower. Frequency response of amplifier.

5. Field - Effect Transistors : Structure and Principle of operation of the Enhancement - Type and Depletion - Type MOSFETS. V - I Characterstics, DC - Biasing, Load - line, DC Analysis, Small Signal Equivalent Circuit Model, Basic Configuration of Single Stage IC, MOS amplifier, The CMOS Common Source and Common - Drain amplifiers analysis. CMOS Digital, Logic Inverter, Voltage Transfer Characterstics, Current flow and Power Dissipation.

MODULE - III (11 Lectures)
6. Feedback Amplifiers and Oscillators : Types of feedback, Advantages of Negative feeback, Barkhausen Criterion of Oscillation, Crystal Oscillator.
7. Operational Amplifiers : The Ideal Op Amp, Inverting and Non Inverting configurations, Equivalent Circuit model, Op amp application in Integration, Differentiation and Summing Circuits, Op Amp as Differential Amplifier, CMRR.
8. Digital Electronics : Boolean Algebra, Binary Arithmatics, Hexa Decimal Numbers and their Conversion, Logic Gates : AND, OR, NAND, NOR, EX - OR, Their Realisation, General idea about Adder, Multiplier, Multiplexer Memories, Flip Flops, Shift Registers, Counters and DA and AD Converters.

MODULE - IV (8 Hours)
9. Principle of Communication : Basics of Modulation and Demodulation Techniques. AM system. Basics of Digital Communication Techniques; Sampling, Quantization, AD & DA Conversions, Digital Modulation PCS System, General idea about Noise.
10. Electronic Instruments : Oscilloscope, Time Base, Displaying a Waveform in Oscilloscope, Digital Multimeter.
11. Fibre Optics Communication : A Simplified fibre optic communicaton, system; Principle of operation advantages : enormous bandwidth, noise immunity, high data rate.

TEXT BOOKS:
1. Electronic Devices Circuit Theory - by Rober L. Boylestad Eight Edition, PHI. Selected portion from Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 and 11, 17 and 21.
2. Microelectronic Circuits by A. S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith Fourth Edition,
Oxford University Press. Selected portions of Chapters 1, 2, 5, 8.
3. Digital Foundation by Thoma L. Floyd, 8th Edition. Selection potions.

REFERENCE BOOKS :
1. Integrated Electronics Analogue and Digital Circuits and Systems by Millman and Halkias.
2. Digital Design by M.Morris Mavo, 3r d Edition, LPE.

Here I am attaching complete syllabus of B.Tech 1st Semester Course for your reference:

Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT) B.Tech 1st Semester Syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in