2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th November 2015, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Re: B Sc IT Syllabus Alagappa University

The syllabus of B Sc IT (Information Technology) course syllabus of Alagappa University as you need it for the preparation of internal exams for this session is as follows:

I YEAR – I SEMESTER
COURSE CODE: 4BIT1C1

CORE COURSE I – PRINCIPLES OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND OS

Unit I
An overview of Revolution in computers and communications: From the analog to the digital age: The “New Story” of computers and communications – The six elements of a computer and communication system – Communication: Development in Computer Technology, Developments in communication technology – Computer and communications Technology combined: Connectivity and interactivity The Ethics of information technology.

Storage and Databases: Foundations for interactivity, Multimedia and knowledge Storage Capacity– Compression and Decompression – Criteria for rating Secondary Storage Devices– Diskettes – Hard Disks – Optical Disks – Magnetic Tapes – Organizing Data in Secondary storage: Databases, Data Storage – Hierarchy and concept of the key field – File management: Basic Concepts – File Management systems – Data management systems – Types of database organization.

Unit II
Application software: Tools for thinking and working – Ethics and intellectual property Rights: The four types of application software – The user interface and other basic user features – Word Processing – Spreadsheets – Database Software – Presentation Graphics Software – Communications Software – Desktop accessories and personal information managers integrated software and studies – Groupware – Internet WEB browsers – Specialized Software.

Unit III
Communications: Stating along with the information highway: The Practical uses of communications and connectivity – Telephone related communication services – Video/Voice communication: Video conferencing and picture phones – online information services – The internet – Shared Resources: Workgroup Computing, Electronic Data Interchange and intranets: Telecomputing and virtual offices – Using a microcomputer to communicate: Analog and Digital Signals – Modems and Datacomm Software, ISDN Lines and Cable Modems – Communications Channels: communications networks – Local Networks

Unit IV
Introduction: Operating System – Batch System – Time Sharing – Personal Computer System– Parallel Systems – Real Time Systems – Distributed Systems – Computer System Operation – I/O Structure –– Hardware Protection – General System Architecture – System Components Operating System Services – System calls – System programs – System structure – Virtual machines.

Unit V
Process Management: Process Concept – Process scheduling – operations on processes – cooperating processes – Inter process communication – Threads overview – benefits – user and kernel threads – Multithreading models – CPU scheduling concepts – Scheduling criteria– Scheduling Algorithms.
Attached Files
File Type: doc B Sc IT Syllabus Alagappa University.doc (259.0 KB, 214 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in