2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th December 2015, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Alagappa University M Com Syllabus

Ya sure buddy I will help you here to get the M.COM syllabus of Alagappa University so that you can have idea about it

Here is the M.Com Program syllabus issued by the University

Semester 1

M.COM – PROGRAMME STRUCTURE

Core – I – Principles of Management
Core – II – Advanced Corporate Accounting
Core – III – Marketing Management
Core – IV – Advanced Cost Accounting

Elective – I
1. Modern Banking – 1MCO1E1
2. Labour Legislation – 1MCO1E2

Semester 2
Core – V – Research Methodology
Core – VI – Investment Management
Core – VII – Management Accounting
Core – VIII – Computerised Accounting
Elective – II
Total

Elective – II

1. Services Marketing – 1MCO2E1
2. Retail Marketing – 1MCO2E2

Semester 3
Core – IX – Direct Taxes
Core – X – Advanced Business Statistics
Core – XI – Financial Services & Markets
Core – XII – Human Resource Management
Elective – III

Elective – III

1. Portfolio Management – 1MCO3E1
2. E – Commerce – 1MCO3E2

Semester 4
Core – XIII – Special Accounting
Core – XIV – International Business Environment
Core – XV – Financial Management
Core – XVI – Project
Elective – IV

Elective – IV

1. Insurance Management – 1MCO4E1
2. Indirect Taxes – 1MCO4E2

Project Work

Project Evaluation – 75 Marks
Viva – voce – 25 Marks

For full information buddy please go through the file

M.COM Syllabus Alagappa University

CORE COURSE I – PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT

Unit I

Management – Definition – Meaning – Characteristics – Functions – Importance – Differences between Management and Administration – Qualities of a Manager – Principles of Management – Contribution of F.W. Taylor, Henry Fayol, Peter F. Drucker, Mary Parker Follett and Elton Mayo – Systems Approach to Management.

Unit II

Planning – Meaning – Objectives – Characteristics – Steps in Planning Process – Methods of Planning – Difficulties in the Planning Process – Decision Making – Process and Types

Unit III

Organisation – Meaning – Functions of Organisation – Principles of Organisation – Formal and Informal Organisation – Delegation – Bases and Significance – Centralisation and Decentralisation of Authority - Staffing – Recruitment – Sources – Selection – Importance – Selection Process.

Unit IV

Directing – Principles of Direction – Supervision – Functions of Supervision – Types – Qualities of a Supervisor – Coordination – Importance and Methods – Communication – Process and Barriers – Motivation – Need – Theories – Maslow’s Need Hierarchy Theory and Herzberg’s Two Factors Theory – Leadership – Importance – Types

Unit V

Controlling – Process and Techniques – Strategic Management – Importance – SWOT Analysis – Change Management

CORE COURSE II – ADVANCED CORPORATE ACCOUNTING

Unit I

Acquisition of Business – Profit Prior to Incorporation – Preparation of Final Accounts of Companies

Unit II

Amalgamation, Absorption, External and Internal Reconstruction of Companies – Alteration of share capital

Unit III

Liquidation of Companies – Statement of Affairs – Deficiency (or) Surplus Account – Liquidator’s Final statement of Account

Unit IV

Valuation of shares and Goodwill – Different Methods

Unit V

Holding Company Accounts – Preparation of Consolidated Balance Sheet

CORE COURSE III – MARKETING MANAGEMENT

Unit I

The Concepts of Marketing – Company Orientation Towards the Market Place – Role of the Marketing with Specific Reference to India – Expanding Scope of Marketing – Marketing Organisation – Marketing`s Relations with other Departments.

Unit II

Marketing Strategy – Marketing Management Process – Marketing Mix – Marketing Research – Marketing Environment – Marketing Information System – Difference between Marketing Research and Marketing Information System

Unit III

Buyer Behaviour – Analyzing Competitors – Demand Estimation and the Sales Forecasting – Market Segmentation – Selling Target Markets – Positioning – Product Life Cycle

Unit IV

Managing Existing products – New Product Planning and Development – Pricing Strategies and Programmes – Distribution Channels – Selection and Management – Retailing and Wholesaling – Physical Distribution Management – Promotion Mix – Advertising – Personal Selling – Sales Promotion and Publicity

Unit V

International Marketing – Rural Marketing – Emerging Trends in Marketing

CORE COURSE IV – ADVANCED COST ACCOUNTING

Unit I

Installation of costing system – Management Control and Information System – Cost reduction and cost control techniques – Control over wastages, scrap, spoilage and defectives

Unit II

Costing methods – Product Costing – Process Costing – Treatment of Equivalent units – Inter-process profit activity based costing

Unit III

Standard costing – Setting standards – Variance Analysis and reporting – Material, Labour, Overhead – Sales and Profit variance

Unit IV

Service costing – Characteristics – Objectives – Transport costing – Power House costing – Cinema House costing – Canteen costing.

Unit V

Reconciliation of Cost Accounts with Financial Accounts – Need for reconciliation – Reasons for Disagreement in profit – Procedure of Reconciliation.

Address:-
Alagappa University
Alagappa Puram, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu 630003

Phone:-
04565 226 250
Attached Files
File Type: doc M.COM Syllabus Alagappa University.doc (252.5 KB, 311 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in