2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th June 2016, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Re: B.SC Computer Science Syllabus University Of Madras

On your concern I will help you here to get the BSC Computer Science program syllabus of University of Madras.

Here is the syllabus
PART I LANG. PAPER III

PART II ENGLISH PAPER III

PART III
Paper – V - Programming in
C++ and Data Structures

PART III
Paper – VI Practical – III :
Data Structures using C++

Allied –II
Paper – I

PART IV
2. Soft Skill – III
3. Environmental Studies

PART I LANG.PAPER-IV

PART II ENGLISH PAPER -IV

PART III -
Paper – VII
Programming in JAVA

PART III –
Paper - VIII - Practical – IV
Java Programming Lab

For full information buddy please go trough the file
BSC Computer Science program syllabus of University of Madras.

Address:-
University Of Madras
Chepauk, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005

Phone:-
044 2539 9422
7th November 2019, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the syllabus of B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) Computer Science Program offered by University of Madras as I need it for preparation of the exam?
7th November 2019, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

The syllabus of B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) Computer Science Program offered by University of Madras is as follows:

Paper V PROGRAMMING IN C++ AND DATA STRUCTURES

Course outline

Unit 1: Introduction to C++; Tokens, Keywords, Identifiers, Variables, Operators, Manipulators, Expressions and Control Structures in C++; Pointers - Functions in C++ Main Function Function Prototyping Parameters Passing in Functions - Values Return by Functions - Inline Functions - Friend and Virtual Functions

Unit-2: Classes and Objects; Constructors and Destructors; and Operator Overloading and Type Conversions - Type of Constructors - Function overloading. Inheritance : Single Inheritance Multilevel Inheritance Multiple Inheritance Hierarchical Inheritance Hybrid Inheritance. Pointers, Virtual Functions and Polymorphism; Managing Console I/O operations.

Unit 3: Working with Files: Classes for File Stream Operations Opening and Closing a File End of File Deduction File Pointers Updating a File Error Handling during File Operations Command line Arguments. Data Structures: Definition of a Data structure primitive and composite Data Types, Asymptotic notations, Arrays, Operations on Arrays, Order lists.

Unit-4: Stacks - Applications of Stack Infix to Postfix Conversion, Recursion, Maze Problems - Queues Operations on Queues, Queue Applications, Circular Queue. Singly Linked List Operations, Application Representation of a Polynomial, Polynomial Addition; Doubly Linked List Operations, Applications.

Unit-5 : Trees and Graphs: Binary Trees Conversion of Forest to Binary Tree, Operations Tree Traversals; Graph Definition, Types of Graphs, Hashing Tables and Hashing Functions, Traversal Shortest Path; Dijkstra's Algorithm.

1. Recommended Texts
i. E. Balagurusamy,1995,Object Oriented Programming with C++, Tata McGraw Hill
Publishing Company Ltd.
ii..E.Horowitz and S.Shani,1999,Fundamentals of Data Structures in C++ , Galgotia Pub.

2.Reference Books
i. Robert Lafore, Object Oriented Programming in Microsoft C++, Galgotia publication.
ii.. H.Schildt, C++,1998,The Complete Reference-1998-TMH Edition, 1998
iii.R. Kruse C.L. Tondo and B. Leung ,1997, Data Structures and Program design in C,
PHI.
iii.Cangsam,Auguenstein,Tenenbaum,Data Structures using C & C++,PHI
iv.D.Samantha,2005, Classic Data Structures, PHI,New Delhi.

Syllabus B.Sc. Computer Science University of Madras

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in