2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd May 2018, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Re: Vidyasagar University+Syllabus Computer Science

Can you provide me the syllabus of B Sc. Computer Science (Honours & General) Program offered by Department of Computer Science of Vidyasagar University?
23rd May 2018, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Vidyasagar University+Syllabus Computer Science

The syllabus of B Sc. Computer Science (Honours & General) Program offered by Department of Computer Science of Vidyasagar University is as follows:

PART-I
PAPER-I
Theoretical

Unit-1

GROUP A: Computer Fundamental
Computer Basic: Definition and application of computers, softwares, hardware ,Generation of Computers, Types of Computers, I/O unit, Memory, Organization of Computer, Machine language, Assembly language & High level language, concept of algorithm and flow charts.

Number system: Decimal, Binary, Octal, Hexadecimal number system, conversion from one number system to another. Signed and unsigned integers, s and (r-1)s complement, Binary arithmetic, fixed and floating point number representation, BCD arithmetic.

Reference Books:
1. Fundamentals of computers - Raja Raman. V, PHI.
2. Introduction to Computer Science,- ITL Education Solutions Limited, Pearson education.
3. Computer Fundamentals, Anita Goel,
4. Foundations of Computer Science By Ashok Arora

GROUP B: Programming in C

Introduction, basic structure, character set, keywords, Identifiers, constants, variables, Data type. Execution of some simple C programs Operators and Expressions, evaluation and type conversion Character reading and writing, formatted input and output. Decision making (branching and looping) -Simple and nested IF, If-Else, switch-case, While, Do-While, for.
Arrays -One and two dimensional. String handling with arrays - reading and writing, concatenation and comparison, string handling functions.
User-defined functions, Recursion, call by value and call by reference. Structures and Union -definition and initialization, arrays of structure, arrays within structure, structure within structure, size of structure.
Pointer- declaration and initialization, accessing variables through pointer, arithmetic pointer and arrays, strings, functions and Dynamic Memory Allocation File handling opening, reading, writing and closing text file.

Reference Books:
1.C Programming, Stephen Kochan
2. Programming with C, Schaums Series
3. C Programming , V. Balaguru Swami
4. Let Us C, Yashwant Kanetkar
5. Programming in C: A Practical Approach, Ajay Mittal

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in