2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

10th August 2018, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

Re: Anna University Fluid Mechanics Question Paper

Hello sir, I’m student of Anna University. I want Fluid Mechanics Question Paper for exam practice. Is there any one can provide me Anna University Fluid Mechanics Question Paper?
10th August 2018, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Anna University Fluid Mechanics Question Paper

The Anna University is provides old question papers for Fluid mechanics. Papers of Fluid mechanics are use full for students.

Fluid mechanics is a branch of physics concerned with the mechanics of fluids and the forces on them.

Fluid mechanics has a wide range of applications, including mechanical engineering, civil engineering, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, geophysics, astrophysics, and biology.

Fluid mechanics can be divided into fluid statics, the study of fluids at rest; and fluid dynamics, the study of the effect of forces on fluid motion.

Anna University Fluid Mechanics question paper

Syllabus of Anna University Fluid Mechanics:

UNIT I FLUID PROPERTIES AND FLOW CHARACTERISTICS

Units and dimensions- Properties of fluids- mass density, specific weight, specific volume, specific gravity, viscosity, compressibility, vapor pressure, surface tension, and capillarity. Flow characteristics the concept of control volume application of continuity equation, energy equation, and momentum equation.

UNIT II FLOW THROUGH CIRCULAR CONDUITS
Hydraulic and energy gradient Laminar flow through circular conduits and circular annuli-Boundary layer concepts types of boundary layer thickness Darcy Weisbach equation friction factor- Moody diagram- commercial pipes- minor losses Flow through pipes in series and parallel.

UNIT III DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS
Need for dimensional analysis methods of dimensional analysis Similitude types of similitude Dimensionless parameters- application of dimensionless parameters Model analysis.

UNIT IV PUMPS
Impact of jets Eulers equation Theory of roto-dynamic machines various efficiencies velocity components at entry and exit of the rotor- velocity triangles Centrifugal pumps working principle work done by the impeller performance curves Reciprocating pump- working principle Rotary pumps classification.

UNIT V TURBINES
Classification of turbines heads and efficiencies velocity triangles. Axial, radial and mixed flow turbines. Pelton wheel, Francis turbine, and Kaplan turbines- working principles work were done by water on the runner draft tube. Specific speed unit quantities performance curves for turbines governing of turbines.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in