2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th May 2016, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Bombay Fluid Mechanics

Fluid Mechanics will give you an extremely wide thought of liquid statics and elements and furnish you with a direct examination to figure essential stream parameters. This course is principally proposed to reinforce the feeble connections, yet include onto the nuts and bolts you would have gotten a handle on for your JEE.

Course Contents:

The course covers every one of the ideas that would be taught in a basic course on Fluid Mechanics (Dynamics) in any establishment over the globe. While a large portion of the teachers for this course ought to adhere to the diagram all in all, the substance might be somewhat changed according to his (/her) interests and time imperatives, with shared assent of the understudies.

The general layout of this course is as per the following:

– Introduction: Fluid qualities, continuum idea and properties of liquids

– Fluid statics and kinematics

– Flow investigation utilizing the Control Volume approach

– Navier-Stokes conditions and answers for some exceptional cases

– Boundary layer hypothesis

– Dimensional investigation

Inspiration:

Other than the general TFE courses, nuts and bolts of Fluid mechanics are vital to comprehend a few assembling procedures and discover application in configuration and stream recreations also. Numerous basic architects are required to run wind burrow tests of scaled models of their structures before executing them on full scale.

Some courses which have this course as a quick essential seem to be:

ME 346-Heat Transfer

ME 406-Steam and Gas Turbines

ME 410-Microfluidics

ME 651-Fluid Dynamics

ME 678-Fundamentals of Gas Dynamics

Helpful assets:

While it is a decent practice to allude to course books or video addresses other than your class notes, it is likewise essential to recollect that these sources may not be impeccable. Reference material ought to just be utilized as an instrument to fortify ideas and not as a substitute for your class notes.

Books:
• Fox and McDonald, Introduction to Fluid Mechanics, 8th Edition (concise explanation of concepts)
• Fluid Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications by Cengel and Cimbala

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in