2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

25th August 2018, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

Re: Anna University Chennai MCA Syllabus

Can you provide me the Syllabus of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Program offered by Anna University Chennai?
25th August 2018, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Anna University Chennai MCA Syllabus

The Syllabus of Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Program offered by Anna University Chennai is as follows:

MA5161 MATHEMATICAL FOUNDATIONS FOR COMPUTER APPLICATIONS

UNIT I MATRIX ALGEBRA 12
Matrices - Rank of a matrix - Solving system of equations - Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors - Cayley - Hamilton theorem - Inverse of a matrix.

UNIT II BASIC SET THEORY 12
Basic definitions - Venn diagrams and set operations - Laws of set theory - Principle of inclusion and exclusion Partitions - Permutation and combination Relations - Properties of relations Matrices of relations - Closure operations on relations - Functions - Injective, subjective and objective functions.

UNIT III MATHEMATICAL LOGIC 12
Propositions and logical operators - Truth table - Propositions generated by a set - Equivalence and implication - Basic laws - Some more connectives - Functionally complete set of connectives Normal forms - Proofs in propositional calculus - Predicate calculus.

UNIT IV FORMAL LANGUAGES 12
Languages and grammars - Phrase structure grammar - Classification of grammars Pumping lemma for regular languages - Context free languages

UNIT V FINITE STATE AUTOMATA 12
Finite state automata - Deterministic finite state automata (DFA) - Non deterministic finite state automata (NFA) - Equivalence of DFA and NFA - Equivalence of NFA and Regular Languages

OUTCOMES:
After completing this course, students should demonstrate competency in the following skills:
Basic knowledge of matrix, set theory, functions and relations concepts needed for designing and solving problems.
Logical operations and predicate calculus needed for computing skill
Design and solve Boolean functions for defined problems.
Apply the acquired knowledge of formal languages to the engineering areas like Compiler Design
Apply the acquired knowledge of finite automata theory and to design discrete problems to solve by computers.

REFERENCES :
1. David Makinson, Sets, Logic and Maths for Computing, Springer Indian Reprint, 2011.
2. Grimaldi, R.P and Ramana, B.V. "Discrete and Combinatorial Mathematics", 5th Edition, Pearson Education, 2006.
3. Hopcroft J . E and Ullman,J.D, Introduction to Automata Theory, Languages and
Computation, Narosa Publishing House, Delhi, 2002.
4. Kenneth H. Rosen, Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications, Tata McGraw Hill, 4th Edition, 2002
5. Sengadir, T. Discrete Mathematics and Combinatorics" Pearson Education, New Delhi, 2009.
6. Trembley, J.P. and Manohar, R, "Discrete Mathematical Structures with Applications to Computer Science", Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2007
7. Venkataraman, M.K., Engineering Ma t h e m a t i c s , 2nd Edition, Volume-I I , N a t i o n a l Publishing Company, 1989.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Syllabus MCA Program Anna University Chennai.pdf (1.15 MB, 33 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in