2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd August 2014, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Re: After Graduation Eligible For IPCC

Yes definitely after completing Graduation you are eligible to write IPCC exam through Direct Entry Scheme .

The following categories of students are exempted from appearing for CPT:
-
Graduates or Post Graduates with Commerce obtained in aggregate a minimum of 55% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination taken by any recognized University (including Open University) by studying any three papers of 100 marks each out of Accounting, Auditing, Mercantile Laws, Corporate Laws, Economics, Management (including Financial Management), Taxation (including Direct Tax Laws and Indirect Tax Laws), Costing, Business Administration or Management Accounting;

OR

Graduates or Post Graduates secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination taken by any recognized University (including Open University).
Applicants who have passed the CS Executive Exams taken by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or Applicants who have cleared the CWA Inter Exams conducted by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.

For Detailed Procedure for enrolment through Direct Entry Scheme, here I am giving attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Direct Entry Scheme for Graduates.pdf (98.0 KB, 77 views)
31st March 2015, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation with commerce stream and now I want to do IPCC so for that am I eligible or not so will you please provide me information about it or not ?
31st March 2015, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Yes you are eligible after doing IPCC after completing graduation with commerce stream.

Here I am giving you information about this course:

The Central Council has approved the new announcement of allowing a Graduate student (B.com, B.Sc., BBA, etc) to directly join the IPCC course without writing CA-CPT Exam.

The council announced that the eligibility criteria for the graduates to write IPCC directly are as under:

1. In case of a Commerce Graduate – 55%
2. In case of a Non-Commerce Graduate – 60%

Here I am giving you syllabus of IPPC:

Paper 1: Accounting
(One paper – three hours – 100 marks)
1. A General Knowledge of the framing of the accounting standards, national and international accounting authorities, adoption of international financial reporting standards
2. Accounting Standards
Working knowledge of:
AS 1 : Disclosure of Accounting Policies
AS 2: Valuation of Inventories
AS 3: Cash Flow Statements
AS 6: Depreciation Accounting
AS 7: Construction Contracts (Revised 2002) AS 9: Revenue Recognition
AS 10: Accounting for Fixed Assets
AS 13: Accounting for Investments
AS 14: Accounting for Amalgamations
3. Company Accounts
(a) Preparation of financial statements – Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
(b) Profit (Loss) prior to incorporation
(c) Alteration of share capital, Conversion of fully paid shares into stock and stock into shares, Accounting for bonus issue
(d) Simple problems on Accounting for business acquisition, Amalgamation and reconstruction (excluding problems of amalgamation on inter-company holding)
4. Average Due Date, Account Current, Self-Balancing Ledgers
5. Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organisations
6. Accounts from Incomplete Records
7. Accounting for Special Transactions
(a) Hire purchase and instalment sale transactions
(b) Investment accounts
(c) Insurance claims for loss of stock and loss of profit.
9. Issues in Partnership Accounts
Final accounts of partnership firms – Admission, retirement and death of a partner including treatment of goodwill;
10. Accounting in Computerised Environment
An overview of computerized accounting system – Salient features and significance, Concept of grouping of accounts, Codification of accounts, Maintaining the hierarchy of ledger, Accounting packages and consideration for their selection, Generating Accounting Reports.

For full syllabus here is the attachment:
Attached Files
File Type: doc IPCC Syllabus.doc (233.5 KB, 75 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in