2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st June 2015, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

Zoology General Syllabus WBSU

My friend is doing the B.Sc. (Zoology) from West Bengal State University and I am doing the same from some other university. Can you please share the syllabus of B.Sc. (Zoology) general syllabus offered by the WBSU so I can compare it with mine?
Similar Threads
Thread
WBSU Zoology Syllabus
WBSU BBA Syllabus
WBSU Botany General Syllabus
Wbsu 3rd year general result
WBSU B.Com Syllabus
Botany General Syllabus Of WBSU
WBSU Economics Syllabus
WBSU BCA syllabus
WBSU BSC Syllabus
WBSU Syllabus Microbiology
WBSU Syllabus Botany
WBSU BCOM Part 2 Syllabus
IAS Zoology Syllabus
WBSU Zoology Department
WBSU English Honours Syllabus
WBSU Bcom syllabus
WBSU Envs Syllabus
WBSU MA English Syllabus
WBSU Elective English Syllabus
RAS General Knowledge & General Science Pre-Syllabus
4th July 2018, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Re: Zoology General Syllabus WBSU

Hii sir I Wants to get the Syllabus of the BSc Zoloogy Part I Syllabus of the West Bengal State University ?
4th July 2018, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Zoology General Syllabus WBSU

West Bengal State University also known as Barasat University, is a public university situated in Berunanpukuria, 6 km off form Barasat city, North 24 Paraganas, near the city of Kolkata, West Bengal, India.

The Syllabus of the BSc Zoology Part I Syllabus of the West Bengal State University is given below

Paper I (Theory, 100 marks)

Group A Nonchordates (30 marks)
1. Classification with distinctive features and suitable examples of sub kingdom Protozoa (upto Phyla) and Phylum Porifera, Cnideria, Platyhelminthes, Nemathelminthes, Annelida, Arthropoda, Mollusca and Echinodermata (upto Sub class).

2. General structure and function of the following with reference to the specimens mentioned:
i) Locomotion: a) Microfibrils (Amoeba), b) Cilia (Paramoecium), c) Parapodia (Neanthes).
ii) Feeding and digestion: a) Microphagy (Amoeba), b) Macrophagy (Hydra),
c) Filter feeding (Balanoglossus)
iii) Respiration: a) Ctenidium and Pulmonary sac (Pila), b) Trachea and Booklung (cockroach, scorpion).
iv) Excretion: a) Flame cell (Taenia), b) Nephridia (Earthworm), Malpighian tubules (Cockroach)
v) Circulation: a) Open circulation (Cockroach), b) Closed circulation (Earthworm), Haemal circulation (Starfish)
vi) Neural integration: a) Integration - simple and complex nerve nets b) Nervous system (Earthworm, Cockroach, Apple snail)
vii) Reproduction and Life cycle: a) Fission (Amoeba), b) Conjugation (Paramoecium),
c) Sexual (Earthworm), d) Metagenesis (Obelia), e) Metamorphosis in insects.

Group B Chordates (30 marks) 30 classes
1. Classification of Phylum Chordata with distinctive features and suitable examples
- Fishes and Aves (upto Sub class); Amphibia, Reptilia and Mammalia (upto living orders).
2. a) Functional anatomy in relation to filter feeding (Branchiostoma); circulation with special reference to portal system.
b) Structure and function of the following:
i) Integument - general structure and function; glands in general and integumentary derivatives (scales in fishes; horny scales and plates in reptiles; feathers of birds; hair of mammals).
ii) Digestive system - pharynx (Ascidia); stomach (Columba and Bos).
iii) Respiratory system - gills (fish); accessory respiratory organs (fish); lungs (birds and mammals).
iv) Excretory system pro-, meso- and meta-nephric kidneys in vertebrates.
v) Circulatory system - single circuit heart (fish); double circuit heart (amphibia and mammals); modification of aortic arches in vertebrates.
vi) Nervous system - Brain of Bufo; origin and distribution of cranial nerves in vertebrates.

Group C Parasitology and Endocrinology (20 marks) 15 classes
1. a) Parasitism (definition and different types) b) an outline idea of other interspecific interactions (symbiosis, commensalism and mutualism).
2. Life history, pathogenecity and clinical features of i) Entamoeba histolytica, ii) Plasmodium vivax, iii) Ascaris.
3. General characters of hormones.
4. Mammalian endocrine glands (pituitary, thyroid and pancreas with their hormonal functions).

Group D Ecology, Ecosystem and Environment (20 marks) 15 classes
1. Definition, components, energy flow, food chain, food web, ecological pyramids.
2. Population definition and growth.
3. Community definition and types.
4. Pollution air, water and noise.
5. Global warming and its impact on environment.
6. Concept of EIA.

For more Information you may Consider the below Attachement that is Free to Download

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in