2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th December 2017, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SSC CGL Exam Strategy

As you Asking for the Some Tips / Strategies to Qualifying in the Examination Here I am Providing you Some Tips And Stragies that may Help you to get Good Scores in the Examination

SSC CGL exam paper has 100 questions worth 200 marks. But you have only 60 minutes to solve it. So it is clear that you could not solve all the 100 Qs in 60 minutes. So the best approach is to select those questions which are easy & less time consuming. question solve that.

Here are some points that you should keep in mind:

There are no sectional time limits. This lets you allocate your time the way you may see fit.

You can try out different time management strategies to figure out the best way for you to solve the paper.

Time Management Strategies

Time Management Tips

General Intelligence & Reasoning
You have 25 questions from this section, each worth 2 marks. This section needs your attention as it is quite a tricky one to solve.

However, it is advised that you allocate no more than 20 minutes to this section.

You are required to work hard on the paper keeping the time factor in mind.

Devise methods and tricks while solving the questions in your practice sessions.
Derive quicker ways to solve questions other than the usual methods to save time.

You should be able to comfortably attempt at least 15-20 questions in the 20 minutes with reasonable accuracy if you are well prepared.

Do not spend over a minute on any question of this section.

If you get stuck on a question, leave it and move on to the next one.

Time Management Tips for SSC CGL Tier I General Awareness
This is the most scoring section of the SSC CGL Tier I paper.
If you are well prepared in this section, it would take you no more than 10-15 minutes in attempting the entire section.

The time saved in this section can be utilized in attempting the more difficult and lengthy Quantitative Aptitude and General Reasoning Section.

But unless you are a genius, please dont attempt all the questions.

Only attempt those questions which you are sure about.

You may also attempt those questions whose answers you can be reasonably certain of after eliminating one or two options.

Dont attempt questions based on complete guess work. This can bring down your overall performance as there is negative marking.

Do not spend over half a minute on a single General Awareness question as these will be trivia based.

Time Management Tips for SSC CGL Tier I – Quantitative Aptitude
The Quantitative Aptitude section may be the most difficult and time consuming section among all the sections of the Tier I paper.

It also comprises of 25 questions worth 2 marks each. You should invest no more than 25 minutes in this section.

As there are no sectional cut-offs in SSC CGL, you are advised to attempt this section at the very end.

Start attempting the paper with the easier sections like General Awareness. Complete all the other sections before moving to the Quantitative Aptitude Section.

Questions related to Arithmetic, Simplification, Number System, Trigonometry, Geometry, Data Interpretation, Probability, Average, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Interest, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Number Series etc. are asked in this section.

You need to have a clear idea of concepts and formula before applying it for a question. Do not to use guess-work in the paper.

On the contrary it is wise enough to move to other known questions rather than getting stuck to any specific question for long.

Time Management Tips for SSC CGL Tier I – English Language
English Language is one such section that can place you in a better position to further get selected in the recruitment process.

This section demands your skills in Basic English Language Comprehension, Vocabulary and Grammar. If you could attain proficiency, over the two half the job is done for you.

The questions are on a set pattern that gets repeated in this subject. With proper preparation you can finish the entire section in less than 15 minutes
Try to attempt the Reading Comprehension at the beginning and quickly.

You can also try out your own time management strategy to attempt the paper in which you score more marks. Here is the article from which you can take help.

Last edited by pawan; 28th December 2017 at 01:02 PM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in