2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th May 2016, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

Menca isro

Hello sir, I am Suraj. I am from Bangalore. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the Mars Exospheric Neutral Composition Analyser (MENCA) payload features of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
Isro mcf
EEE In ISRO
Key for ISRO
Phd in ISRO
Isro gk
Mcf isro
Isro hrd
Isro dsn
Gps isro
Sre 1 isro
Rti isro
Isro ltd
All about ISRO
ISRO For CSE
Isro jee
Isro gps
Isro mba
How to Get Job in ISRO
After PG Job In ISRO
After ME Job In ISRO
16th May 2016, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Menca isro

Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is the space agency of the Indian government.
It was formed in the year 1969.
It's headquarter is located in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
It is managed by the Department of Space, which reports to the Prime Minister of India.

As you have asked about the Mars Exospheric Neutral Composition Analyser (MENCA) payload features, I am giving you information about it, check below for the details

MENCA is a quadruple mass spectrometer capable of analysing the neutral composition in the range of 1 to 300 amu with unit mass resolution.
The heritage of this payload is from Chandra’s Altitudinal Composition Explorer (CHANCE) payload aboard the Moon Impact Probe (MIP) in Chandrayan-1 mission.
The instrument is operated at different mass scan rates and different bias voltages of the CEM detector in order to meet required scientific objectives.
MENCA is also equipped with a Bayard-Alpert Gauge to measure the total pressure.

Functional specifications of MENCA

Mass range
1 to 300 amu (programmable) with 1 amu resolution

Sensors
Quadrupole Mass Analyser for relative abundance measurement and Bayard-Alpert Gauge for total pressure measurement

Detectors
Channel Electron Multiplier, Faraday Cup

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in