2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th May 2015, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

IIIT Delhi New Campus

Where the new campus of IIIT Delhi situated? I am living in near Dwarka. I want to go at the new campus of the IIIT Delhi to submit application form for admission. So pls provide me the address and location map of new campus. What is the nearest metro station of the IIIT Delhi, tell me?
Similar Threads
Thread
IIIT Delhi or IIIT Allahabad
IIIT Pune Campus
IIIT Delhi or DCE
Basara IIIT Campus
RK valley IIIT campus
IIIT-DELHI Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi
IIIT Delhi vs IIIT Allahabad
Talentsprint IIIT campus Hyderabad
PhD at IIIT Delhi
IIIT Bangalore VS IIIT Delhi
Campus Life At IIIT Hyderabad
IIIT Amethi Campus
Campus Selection in IIIT Hyderabad
Campus of IIIT Delhi
Idupulapaya IIIT Campus
Campus Life at IIIT Hyderabad
Nuzvid IIIT Campus
Delhi Quota In IIIT Delhi
IIIT Delhi Campus
IIIT Campus Gachibowli Hyderabad
9th July 2018, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Re: IIIT Delhi New Campus

Can you provide me some detail about the Campus of Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIIT-D)? Also tell me about the Facilities & Services offered at the Campus
9th July 2018, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IIIT Delhi New Campus

Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (IIIT-D) is an autonomous university in Delhi, India. It is a research-oriented university with a focus on Computer Science and Electronics.

Campus

IIIT Delhi operates from its campus in Okhla Phase-III, New Delhi. After its establishment in 2008, IIIT Delhi functioned from its transit campus in the library building at NSIT in Dwarka until July 2012. Its permanent campus, which is spread over 25 acres, became operational in August 2012.

The campus consists of an academic complex, a library and information centre, a dining and recreation centre, and hostels. IT infrastructure includes an internet access of 1 GBPS bandwidth and a data Centre with 40 servers and 45TB storage.

The foundation stone for the second phase of the campus was laid on 5 May 2015. Phase II will include construction of a new academic block, an auditorium and research centers.

When complete, the institute will be able to increase enrolment to 1600 and nearly half of those will be able to be accommodated in the student residences. Presently spread over an area of 33,000sqm, the new construction will consume 70,000sqm more space.

Facilities & Services

The Government of NCT of Delhi allocated 25 acres of land to enable the setting up of the IIIT-D permanent campus.

The Academic Complex has a total of 10 lecture halls. There are 2 lecture halls with a capacity to seat 179, one of capacity 159, two of capacity 60 and five of capacity 30.

The Faculty and Research wing of the Academic Complex has a capacity of 50 faculty members and 8 research labs, along with the PhD rooms and M.Tech labs.

The Library and Information centre has a common study area for students on the ground floor, the library on the first floor and several labs on the upper floors.

The Dining and Recreation Centre contains the students' mess which is spread over 2 floors, a cafeteria and facilities for extracurricular activities, such as a music room, table tennis and pool tables, and a gymnasium.

The hostel area consists of a Boys and Girls' hostel with a total capacity of around 550 students. The hostels have options of single, double and triple occupancy rooms, all of which are air-conditioned. The hostels have their own badminton courts and a well-equipped common room.

There is also a Faculty Housing Tower consisting of 5 guest houses, a director's residence and 27 faculty houses.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in