2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd June 2015, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

CLAT After 12

I have done 12th in PCM and I want to participate in Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). Tell me Can I directly apply for CLAT after passing 12th? If yes, please provide me its online Registration Process and syllabus so I will prepare according to CLAT Syllabus.
Similar Threads
Thread
Everything About CLAT
Ims clat
Lst clat
AGE Bar For CLAT
Aim CLAT
Llb clat
Mp clat
Vua clat
CLAT Cut Off for OBC
LLM By CLAT
Bba llb clat
Clat iim
Is CLAT Necessary for Law
Cut Off For CLAT
Pdf CLAT
CLAT Help
CLAT Possible LKO
Clat
Bio CLAT
CLAT cut off
4th December 2019, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Re: CLAT After 12

Can you tell me if I will be eligible to apply for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) after completing 12th this year for admission in LLB Program?
4th December 2019, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: CLAT After 12

Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India level entrance exam held for the candidates who are interested in undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. CLAT exam is conducted for the eighteen prominent Law Universities of the country.

Nationality:
• One must be Indian Nationals.
• NRIs candidates can also apply for the exam.
• NRIs may directly contact to the participating universities directly for the admission provision regarding foreign national candidate.

Age Criteria:
• There is no upper age limit to apply for CLAT.

Academic Qualification:
• Qualifying Exam: One must have qualified Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate or equivalent exam from 10+2 education system from a recognized board.
• Minimum Marks: One must have secured minimum 45% marks in aggregate of the total marks and if belonging to SC/ST category, should have a minimum of 40% marks.
• Appearing Candidates: One appearing in the qualifying exam in March/April can also apply. One has to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying exam at the time of admission.

CLAT Syllabus
1. English including comprehension:
The English section will test the candidate's proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be assessed on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein, etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
2. General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
The General knowledge will be evaluated on the general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test the candidate's on their knowledge of national and international current affairs.
3. Mathematics:
This section will test the candidate’s knowledge on elementary mathematics, i.e., maths taught upto 10th Class/Standard.
4. Legal Aptitude:
This section will test the candidate’s interest towards the study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Questions may include legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense, candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
5. Logical Reasoning:
The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It may include a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in