2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th April 2018, 08:01 AM
Unregistered

Re: Applied Probability and Statistics PDF Anna University

I want the syllabus of Applied Probability and Statistics of ME CSE 1st semester of Anna University so will you provide me?
25th April 2018, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Applied Probability and Statistics PDF Anna University

I am providing you the syllabus of Applied Probability and Statistics of ME CSE 1st semester of Anna University

Anna University ME CSE 1st sem Applied Probability and Statistics syllabus

OBJECTIVES:

To introduce the basic concepts of one dimensional and two dimensional Random Variables.
To provide information about Estimation theory, Correlation, Regression and Testing of hypothesis.
To enable the students to use the concepts of multivariate normal distribution and principle components analysis.

UNIT I ONE DIMENSIONAL RANDOM VARIABLES

Random variables - Probability function Moments Moment generating functions and their properties Binomial, Poisson, Geometric, Uniform, Exponential, Gamma and Normal distributions Functions of a Random Variable.

UNIT II TWO DIMENSIONAL RANDOM VARIABLES

Joint distributions Marginal and Conditional distributions Functions of two dimensional random variables Regression Curve Correlation.

UNIT III ESTIMATION THEORY

Unbiased Estimators Method of Moments Maximum Likelihood Estimation - Curve fitting by Principle of least squares Regression Lines.

UNIT IV TESTING OF HYPOTHESES

Sampling distributions - Type I and Type II errors - Tests based on Normal, t,2 and F distributions for testing of mean, variance and proportions Tests for Independence of attributes and Goodness of fit.

UNIT V MULTIVARIATE ANALYSIS

Random Vectors and Matrices - Mean vectors and Covariance matrices - Multivariate Normal density and its properties - Principal components Population principal components - Principal components from standardized variables.

OUTCOME:

The student will able to acquire the basic concepts of Probability and Statistical techniques for solving mathematical problems which will be useful in solving Engineering problems

REFERENCES:

1 Jay L. Devore, Probability and Statistics For Engineering and the Sciences,Thomson and Duxbury, 2002.

2.Richard Johnson. Miller & Freunds Probability and Statistics for Engineer, Prentice Hall , Seventh Edition, 2007.

3.Richard A. Johnson and Dean W. Wichern, Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis, Pearson Education, Asia, Fifth Edition, 2002.

4.Gupta S.C. and Kapoor V.K.Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics, Sultan an Sons, 2001.

5.Dallas E Johnson , Applied Multivariate Methods for Data Analysis, Thomson an Duxbury press,1998.

Contact-

Anna University
Kotturpuram
Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in