2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th May 2018, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Re: Anna University Applied Hydraulics Syllabus

I am student of Anna University and from here doing engineering degree searching for course syllabus. Will you please provide me Anna University Applied Hydraulics Complete Syllabus so that I get to know list of subjects to study and prepare well for university examination?
17th May 2018, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Anna University Applied Hydraulics Syllabus

Anna University is a state technical university in Tamil Nadu, India. The main campus is in Guindy, Chennai

Please find the below Anna University Applied Hydraulics Syllabus:

CE6403 APPLIED HYDRAULIC ENGINEERING SYLLABUS REGULATION 2013
UNIT I UNIFORM FLOW

Definition and differences between pipe flow and open channel flow - Types of Flow - Properties of open channel - Fundamental equations - Velocity distribution in open channel - Steady uniform flow: Chezy equation, Manning equation - Best hydraulic sections for uniform flow - Computation in Uniform Flow - Specific energy and specific force - Critical depth and velocity.

UNIT II GRADUALLY V ARIED FLOW
Dynamic equations of gradually varied and spatially varied flows - Water surface flow profile classifications: Hydraulic Slope, Hydraulic Curve - Profile determination by Numerical method: Direct step method and Standard step method, Graphical method - Applications.

UNIT III RAPIDLY VARIED FLOW
Application of the energy equation for RVF - Critical depth and velocity - Critical, Sub-critical and Super-critical flow - Application of the momentum equation for RVF - Hydraulic jumps - Types - Energy dissipation - Surges and surge through channel transitions.

UNIT IV TURBINES
Impact of Jet on vanes - Turbines - Classification - Reaction turbines - Francis turbine, Radial flow turbines, draft tube and cavitation - Propeller and Kaplan turbines - Impulse turbine - Performance of turbine - Specific speed - Runaway speed - Similarity laws.

UNIT V PUMPS
Centrifugal pumps - Minimum speed to start the pump - NPSH - Cavitations in pumps - Operating characteristics - Multistage pumps - Reciprocating pumps - Negative slip - Flow separation conditions - Air vessels, indicator diagrams and its variations - Savings in work done - Rotary pumps: Gear pump

Anna University

Mail-ID :deanceg@annauniv.edu
Tel-Number :044-2235 8491
Fax-Number :044-2230 1357

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in