2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

11th April 2015, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Afcat faq

Will you please provide the list of various Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) asked on various student forums site regarding the Air Force Common Admission Test ? Also provide the books for Air Force Common Admission Test preparation.
Similar Threads
Thread
Ues afcat
What Is SSB in AFCAT
AFCAT For CSE
AFCAT By IAF
What Is AFCAT
Ekt in afcat
AFCAT Age
CDS and AFCAT
Ekt afcat
Afcat fts
AFCAT for MBA
Afcat id
AFCAT What is
Ssb afcat
AFCAT Key Feb
AEC in AFCAT
Afcat ssb
About afcat ssb
Key For Afcat
Afcat iaf
22nd August 2018, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Re: Afcat faq

I want to join Air Force and for this planning to apply for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) searching for exam details. Will you please provide me AFCAT Eligibility so that I can apply for this exam also provide me AFCAT exam pattern so that I can prepare well?
22nd August 2018, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Afcat faq

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test and is also referred to as the Indian Air Force Exam.

AFCAT is a national level competitive exam conducted by the Indian Air Force (IAF) to select officers for all its branches, except for the medical and dental branches.

AFCAT Eligibility:

Flying Branch

Age should lay between to 23 years at the time of course commencement. The candidate must be a Graduate (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognized University who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech degree (Four year course) from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

Technical Branch-

The age must lay between 18 to 28 years at the time of course commencement. For details on education candidates can refer to the advertisement.

Ground Duty Branch-

The age must lie between 20-23 years for Graduates, 20-25 years for Post Graduates, 20-26 years for LLB (Three year course after graduation) and 20-27 years for M.Ed/PhD/CA/ICWA.

Exam pattern:

1.English-(2025 questions)

Antonyms/Synonyms, Cloze Test, Idioms, and passage. Tip- Install some GRE words app like MAGOOSH and prepare it thoroughly.

2.General Studies(covers Current Affairs, Science everything) ~2025 questions

No amount of preparation is enough for getting a cent percent score in GS part. Tip- cover last six months of current affairs from some GK capsule

3.Quantitative Aptitude (1520 questions)

This is the most easiest part and you can have 100% accuracy in this part. Just go through quantitative aptitude books

4.Logical reasoning and Military Aptitude (2530 questions)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in