2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th May 2016, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

When did IIT Hyderabad Start

Can you tell me when did IITH or Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad start functioning? List me the names of the departments offered by IITH or Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad?
Similar Threads
Thread
My MBA wont start
Need MBA To Start Business
MBA Spring Start
I Want To Start A Restaurant
Start an acting career
How to Start Modeling
How Do I Start A Bank
How To Start A Restaurant
How Do You Start A Restaurant
How to start NGO
UHD MBA Soft Start
How To Start An Art Business
How To Start An Export Business
IMS MBA Start Prep
When did MBA start in India
How Do I Start A Restaurant
MBA where to start
MBA february start
Colleges That Start With C In Pa
How to start preparation for IPS
10th May 2016, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Re: When did IIT Hyderabad Start

IITH or Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad started functioning from August 2008 from its temporary campus in Ordnance Factory, Medak district. On February, 27, 2009, on its main campus in Kandi, the foundation stone of IIT Hyderabad was laid by Smt. Sonia Gandhi, Hon’ble Chairperson of UPA.

The campus is located on NH-9 and is also near to Outer Ring Road (Hyderabad). The institute shifted most of the operations to the permanent campus in July 2015.

The academic blocks are newly renovated buildings of Sarath Vikas School Campus. Facilities include hostels, classrooms, offices, recreation, sports and medical facilities.

There is a small market outside the ODF campus to cater to the needs of students. It shifted to its permanent campus in June 2015.

IIT is focusing on developing an innovative and flexible academic program that will excite young minds. As a first step, B.Tech minor and B.Tech honors program have been implemented from August 2010.

Departments
It has 10 engineering departments, 3 science departments, and 1 liberal arts (humanities) department:
• Department of Biomedical Engineering
• Department of Biotechnology
• Department of Chemical Engineering
• Department of Chemistry
• Department of Civil Engineering
• Department of Computer Science and Engineering
• Department of Design
• Department of Electrical Engineering
• Department of Engineering Science
• Department of Liberal Arts
• Department of Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering
• Department of Mathematics
• Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
• Department of Physics

It has been owed projects from industrial and government funding agencies. The project "Development of High-Energy Density Li-ion Batteries for Mobile Applications" entails developing electrode materials for Li-ion batteries and fabricating the batteries.

ARCI in collaboration with it is get on a program to develop high-energy density batteries. It is involved in the DISANET project for disaster mitigation, Indo-Japanese collaboration

“Elan” is the annual technical and cultural festival of IITH which was held in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015. It is usually held during spring, in the beginning of the year (January/February).

It includes workshops, lectures, demonstrations, technical exhibitions, cultural performances and live concerts. Competitive activities cover design events, programming, simulations and modeling, quizzes, debates, applied engineering, robotics.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in