2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st March 2016, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How Do You Start A Restaurant

I also love food and will help you here to tell you ways to open an Restaurant after completing the procedure when you are start please also tell me I will come too.

Here I’m telling you way to start the restaurant

Decide on a Restaurant Concept
The first step in opening a new restaurant is deciding what type of restaurant it is going to be.

Are you looking at opening a high-end fine dining restaurant? A casual diner? Do you have a specific type of cuisine you plan to serve, such as Italian, French or Indian? Perhaps you want to specialize in one area, like a microbrewery and pub.

Before you move onto step two you first need to define what kind of restaurant you want to open.

Select a Restaurant Location
Location, location, location. It can make or break a restaurant. Before you run and sign a lease for your restaurant location, do your homework.

Is the restaurant location in a busy area, with plenty of foot traffic? If not, is there enough parking? Have ten other restaurants come and gone in the same spot? (warning bells should be loud and clear, if that is the case.)

Choose a Restaurant Name
Probably the most fun step in opening a new restaurant. Select a restaurant name that means something.

It can be a reflection of your theme or location. i.e. An Italian restaurant called Giovanni’s or it can be called after the owner, such as Paula Deen’s Savannah Restaurant, The Lady & Son’s.

Write a Restaurant Business Plan
There are two important reasons you need a restaurant business plan. 1.

It helps you see big problems in your restaurant plan, like not a big enough population base or a bad location.

Find Financing
This is the step that stops most people from actually opening their own restaurant. Financing.

Although it is increasingly harder to get financing for a restaurant, it is not impossible. Between banks, small business agencies and private investors, financing is possible.

Apply for Licenses and Permits
Many licenses and permits take several weeks, even months to be approved. So as soon as you know you are good to go with your financing, you should start filling the paperwork.

Common licenses and permits for restaurants, regardless of state include liquor licenses, sign permits and workers compensation.

Design the Restaurant
A large empty space quickly fills up when you start adding commercial kitchens, walk-in refrigerators, a bar, rest rooms and waiting area.

Write a Restaurant Menu
A well-written restaurant menu should be both descriptive easy to read and have a clear, uncluttered layout. A few things to avoid on a restaurant menu include clip art and too many disclaimers.

Stock you Restaurant
Once you have your restaurant design down, you can start purchasing commercial kitchen equipment and furniture for your dining room and other areas in the front of the house.

Hire Restaurant Staff
As you get closer to opening day you need to begin hiring for both the kitchen and floor. Kitchen staff, wait staff and bartenders are all integral parts of any restaurant

Get the Word Out About Your New Restaurant
Advertising is a must for most new restaurants.

Do traditional advertising, such as newspapers and radio ads, with new media. Use social media sites, like Twitter, MySpace and FaceBook, to spread the word about your new place.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in