2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th July 2014, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: What Courses to take in High school to become a Chartered Accountant

A 12th pass out of any disciple i.e. Arts, Commerce oe Science and take up Chartered Accountant course.

Chartered Accountant Eligibility

Educational Qualification

Pass in Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent recognized exam. There is no minimum percentage required in Senior Secondary Exam or subjects studied. or

Graduates who have secured less than specified marks:-
Commerce graduates with Accountancy, Auditing and Mercantile Law or Commercial Law as full examination paper. For this purpose “full examination paper” means a paper carrying not less than 50 marks.

Non-commerce graduate applicant with Mathematics as one of the subjects and with less than 60% of the total marks.

Non-commerce Graduate applicant with subjects other than Mathematics and with less than 55% of the total marks

There is no restriction with regard to the age of the student or marks secured in Senior Secondary Examination or subjects studied.
28th May 2015, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

I have completed class 12th and want to become a Chartered Accountant. What is the Procedure to become a Chartered accountant after 12th ?
28th May 2015, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

The eligibility required to become a Chartered accountant is pass in 10+2 from a recognised board with a minimum of 50 per cent marks in any stream.

Three stages during Chartered Accountancy course

Foundation course

Intermediate

Final CA course

Admission Procedure:

Candidates must register with the Board of Studies at the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the Common Proficiency Test

On passing the +2 exam or a recognised equivalent exam, students can write the CPT.

After completion of the +2 exam and the CPT, students are eligible to register for the Integrated Professional Competence Course

students have the option of choosing Group I and/or Group II.

The orientation course is for one week with thirty five hour credit.

A nine month of course study is required.

It covers areas like personality development, general commercial knowledge, office procedure, communication skills, business environment etc.

On completing the nine month foundation course study, students are required to appear for the Group I and/or Group II examinations.

Group I has four papers while Group II has three papers.

Graduates with 50 per cent marks in subjects (Accounting, or Mercantile Law , Auditing and Commercial) and graduates in other disciplines with 55 per cent marks can directly register for the IPPC course without appearing for the foundation course.

On passing both the groups, students can register as Articled Assistant for a three year period.

Students can join the CA final course while serving as Articled Assistant.

During the last 12 months of articled training, Students have to undergo a 15 day course on(GMCS). General Management and Communication Skills

On acquiring the ICAI membership, Students designated as Chartered Accountant.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in