2024 2025 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th August 2014, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Want To Join Indian Air Force After 11 Science

Sorry, with the qualification of 11 Science pass, you are not eligible to join Indian Airforce.

The minimum eligibility required to join Indian Airforce is graduation.
Indian Airforce conducts AFCAT written exam for following posts:
Flying branch
Technical branch
Ground duty branch
Students must have obtained 60% marks in graduation.

For the Administrative & Logistics division, Graduation with 60% aggregate marks or Post Graduation/ equivalent with 50% aggregate in any discipline required.

For Education branch, Post graduation Degree with minimum 50% marks aggregated for all papers is required.

For Accounts department, B. Com with 50% minimum aggregate or M. Com/ CA/ ICWA with minimum 50% aggregate marks in all subjects required.
21st March 2015, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

I have completed class 11 with Science stream and want to join Indian Air Force . Am I eligible or not to join Indian Air Force ?
21st March 2015, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to say that after completion of class 11 with Science stream , applicants are not eligible to join Indian Air Force .

You have to complete class 12 first and after that you can join Indian Air Force through NDA exam.

NDA Exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year on National basis for admiting young cadets to impart training on them to join as an Officers in the Indian Armed forces in:

National Defense Academy and
Naval Academy

Eligibility

For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at Naval Academy

Applicants must be 12th Class pass i.e. the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University

Exam Pattern
NDA-NA is the two level exam. First level is the written exam directed by UPSC and the next level is the SSB interview directed by Staff Selcetion Board of the Defence services

Pattern of Written Exam
Mathematics 300questions 2-1/2Hr
General Knowledge 600 questions 2-1/2Hr

The General Ability Test consists of:
Part A- English: 200
Part B- General Knowledge: 400

There will be negative marking for every wrong answer.

All the question papers are objective (multiple choice) type.

Paper I-Mathematics and Part B of Paper II question papers are available in both English and Hindi.

SSB conducts an elaborate interview of the written qualified applicants to test their physical, psychological fitness and team spirit necessary for the defence services.

This consists of 900 marks.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in