2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st January 2013, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Re: VTU Old Question Papers 1st Sem

Here is the VTU Old Question Papers 1st Sem of the engineering physics:

1 a. i) Experimental evidence for the existence of matter waves was first provided by
A) de-Broglie B) Davisson and Germer C) G.P.Thomson D) Max Planck
ii) Recoil electron in compton scattering carry maximum kinetic energy when x-ray scattering angle θ =
A) 1800 B) 00 C) 900 D) 650
iii) Ke,Kp and Ka are respective energy of an e-, a proton and aparticle of same de-Broglie wavelength. Then,
A) Ke>Kp>Ka B) Ke>Kpa C) Kepa D) Ke=Kp= Ka
iv) de-Broglie wavelength associated with a moving particle is independent of its
A) mass B) charge C) velocity D) momentum (04 marks)
b. Show that group velocity is equal to particle velocity. (04 Marks)
c. What is Planck’s radiation law? Show how Wien’s law and Rayleigh-Jean’s law can be derived from it. (08 Marks)
d. Calculate the momentum of the particle and de-Broglie wavelength associated with an electron with a kinetic energy of 1.5 keV. (04 Marks)

2 a. i) The wavefunction for the motion of particles in one dimensional potential box of length ‘a’ is given by
yn = D sin npx/a where ‘D’ is normalization constant. The value of ‘D’ is
A) B) C) a D)
ii) The ground state energy of an electron in an one dimensional infinite potential well of width 2Å is 16
eV. Its energy in third excited state is
A) 32 eV B) 64 eV C) 144 eV D) 256 eV
iii) According to Max Born approximation, |y|2 represents
A) Energy density B) Particle density C) Probability density D) Charge density
iv) Schrödinger’s wave equation is applicable for the particles with
A) Constant energy B) Variable energy C) Only constant potential energy
D) All of these (04 Marks)
b. Solve the Schrödinger’s wave equation for allowed energy values in case of a particle in a potential box. (08 Marks)
c. What is a wave function? Explain the properties of a wave function. (04 Marks)
d. Estimate the time spent by an atom in the excited state during the excitation and de-excitation processes, when a spectral line of wavelength 546 nm and width 10-14 m is emitted. (04 Marks)
3 a. i) The mobility of electrons in a conductor is 4×10-3 m2V-1s-1. Then the drift velocity of the electron in the presence of applied electric field of strength 100 Vm-1 is
A) 4 ms-1 B) 10 ms-1 C) 0.4 ms-1 D) 0.04 ms-1
ii) Which one of the following is correct for current density?
A) J = neAvd B) J = neA/vd C) J = nevd D) J = 1/nevd
iii) The classical value of molar specific heat of a conductor is
A) 3/2 R B) ½ R C) 3R D) 5/2 R
iv) The Fermi energy of a metal at absolute zero temperature is proportional to
A) n1/3 B) n3/2 C) n2/3 D) n2 (04 Marks)
b. Define relaxation time and discuss the dependence of electrical resistivity of metals with temperature and impurity. (06 Marks)
c. Explain how quantum free electron theory succeeds in overcoming the drawbacks of classical free electron theory. (06 marks)
d. lculate the probability of an electron occupying an energy level 0.02 eV above the Fermi level and 0.02 eV below the Fermi level at 200 K. (04 marks)

This is the attachment of complete question paper click on it….
Attached Files
File Type: doc VTU 1st Sem engineering physics Question Papers.doc (48.5 KB, 151 views)
22nd May 2015, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Will you provide me the sample paper of the Visvesvaraya Technological university B.Tech I semester exam?
22nd May 2015, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

As you want I am here providing you mathematics subject sample paper of the Visvesvaraya Technological university B.Tech I semester.

Sample paper :

b) Find the angle of intersection between the curves r2sin2 and r2=16 sin2 (6 marks)
c) Derive an expression to find radius of curvature in polar form

a)Obtain the Maclaurin’s series for log(1+sinx) upto the term containing x4

a) A particle moves along the curve x=1-t3 , y=1+t2 and z= 2t-5, find the components of
velocity and acceleration at t=1 in the direction 2i+j+2k (7 marks)

c) State the general rules to trace a polar curve

Sample paper : VTU 1sem B.tech

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in