2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th April 2013, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Vikram University org in

Here I am giving you the syllabus for the M.Phil physics course offered by the Vikram university .

PAPER I
Experimental Techniques

Unit 1 Optical Instruments:- Optical time domain reflectometer, Optical low Coherence reflectometer, Optical Spectrum analyzer, Optical Power and energy meter, Monochromator, CCD, Ellipsometer, Transducers, Lock-in-Amplifier, Box Car Averager References 1. A.K.Ghatak and K. Thyagrajan, Introduction to fiber optics.
2. B.P.Pal: Fundamentals of Fiber Optics in Telecommunication and Sensor systems, Wiley Eastern Ltd.
3. S.M.Senior: Optical Fiber communication.

Unit II
(a) Nuclear Reaction:- Basic Features of Nuclear Reactions, Formalism, Discrete Resonance in the Compound Nucleus, Continuum States of the Compound Nucleus, Direct Reaction Mechanism, Nuclear Structure Studies with the One Nucleon Transfer Reactions.
(b) Positron Annihilation Spectroscopy:- Experimental Technique, Positron Life Time Measurements, Doppler Broadening of Annihilation Radiation, Angular Correlation Measurement.

References

1. Positron Solid State Physics by P. Hautojari
2. Modern Physics in Chemistry by Goldanskii.
3. Introduction to Nuclear Physics Addtison Wesley, 1975 by H.A.Enge.
4. Nuclear and Particle Physics by W. E. Burcham and M. Jobes.
5. Concepts of Nuclear Physics by B. L. Cohen. Unit III Plasma

Diagnostic Techniques:- Single Probe Technique- Measurement of Electron Temperature and Electron Temperature of Plasma, Double Probe Technique - Measurement of Electron Temperature and Density of Plasma.

For the complete syllabus I am attaching a PDF file with it ..

Vikram university M.phil physics syllabus
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vikram University Course &fees structure.pdf (91.7 KB, 107 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in