2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th August 2015, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Vidyasagar University BLIS

Yes BLIS (Bachelor in Library & Information Science) program offered by Vidyasagar university through its Department of Library and Information Science, as you are looking for syllabus of this course so here I am giving below :

Unit -I : Library as a Social Institution •. Objectives and functions of Libraries and Information Centres (LICs) in society; • Historical development of Library and Information Centre; • Historical development of Library and Information Science as a discipline; • Library and information system in different countries.

Unit -2 : Libraries and other Information Agencies: Levels, Features and Functions • National and Copyright libraries; • Academic Libraries; • Public Libraries; • Special Libraries and Information Centres; • Other Information Agencies.

Unit -3 : Philosophy of Library and Information Systems• • Normative Principles, Basic Laws and Fundamental Laws; • UNESCO Public Library Manifesto; • IFLA principles relating to bibliographical control; • Eminent thinkers on libraries and information services.

Unit -4 : Library Policy, Movement and Development • !nternational and National programmes and policies : NAPLiS, UAP and UBC, and National Knowledge Commission (India); • Resource Sharing and Networking of Library; • Library development and trends in India with special reference to West Bengal, IT application in LICs in India; • National and International promoting agencies of library and information services -RRRLF, IFLA, UNESCO; • Library movement in India with special reference to West Bengal.

I AM provieding you a pdf

Address

Vidyasagar University
Vidyasagar University Rd
Rangamati
Medinipur, West Bengal 721102

[MAP]Vidyasagar University Rangamati Medinipur, West Bengal[/MAP]
Attached Files
File Type: zip Vidyasagar university BLIS syllabus.zip (516.0 KB, 39 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in