2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd September 2014, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TNPSC Group II Exam Eligibility Criteria

Here I am providing the information regarding the Eligibility criteria which you are looking for.

Applicants who possess any degree with an age limit of 18 years to 40 years are eligible to apply for the Group 2 (CSSE-I) examination.

Applicants who possess Any Degree or A Degree in BA/B.Com /B.Sc or A Degree in Arts/ Science / Commerce / Engineering from a recognized university.
Applicants should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil.

Exam Pattern:
The selection of Applicants for appointment to the interview or non interview posts included in the Group 2 (CSSE-I) Exam will be made in two successive stages.
For Non Interview Posts:
i. Written Examination
ii. Document Verification
For Interview Posts:
i. Written Examination
ii. Oral Test (Interview)

Written Examination:
1. Two Types of Question Papers will be set. One is general Knowledge with General Tamil and another one is General Knowledge with General English.
2. The written examination is of Objective Type, which consists General Knowledge, General English, General Tamil.
3. The question paper will be framed in such a way that 100 questions will be on General Knowledge & remaining 100 questions will be either in General English or General Tamil.
4. The questions on General Knowledge will be set both in English and in Tamil and it is of Degree standard, the questions on General Tamil/General English will be set in the respective languages and it is of SSLC standard.
5. Time duration is 3 hours and maximum marks are 340 (Both Written Exam & Oral Test).
6. Minimum qualifying marks for selection for written cum oral test is 102 and for only written test is 90 marks.
7. The candidates are given the option to choose either General Tamil or General English for answering the second 100 items apart from answering the first 100 items on General Knowledge.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in