2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

31st July 2014, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TNPSC Group I exam age limit

Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission conducts group 1 examination for recruiting eligible candidates. Here I am giving you the details of this exam:

Eligibility:
The applicant should have completed graduation with good academic record from any recognized university of India. The selection will be based on the marks obtained by the candidates in written exam.

TNPSC Group I exam age limit
35 years.

Application fee:
An amount of Rs. 125/- (Exam fee: -Rs. 75/-*plus cost of Application fee: -Rs. 50/-) will be paid from the contestants.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf TNPSC Group 1 exam notification.pdf (93.9 KB, 102 views)
1st August 2014, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

TNPSC Group I exam age limit

I want to know the TNPSC Group I exam Maximum age limit, can you tell me the same????????
2nd August 2014, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) conducts recruitment examination for various vacancies in Group 1 Services.

Age limit
Minimum Age Limit to apply TNPSC Exam is 18 years.

Eligibility:
The applicant should have completed graduation with good academic record from any recognized university of India.

Posts Included in TNPSC Group 1 Exam
Deputy Collector
Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I)
Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies
Assistant Director of Rural Development Department.
Assistant Commissioner in the Hindu Religious
Assistant Commissioner - Commercial Tax officer
District Registrar
Divisional Officer in Fire and Rescue services Department
Assistant Conservator of Forest
District Employment Officer

Syllabus:
I. Current events of national and international importance Latest diary of events - national /international - National symbols - Profile of states - Defence,
national security and terrorism - Geographical landmarks- World organizations - pacts and summits - Latest inventions on science & technology - Eminent personalities & places in news –

UNIT - I . Modern history of India and Indian culture - Advent of European invasion-Expansion and consolidation of British rule - Effect of British rule on socio-economic factors -Social reforms and religious movements - India since independence - Characteristics of Indian culture - Unity in diversity - race, colour, language, custom - India - a secular state -Organizations for fine arts, dance, drama, music - Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in Tamil Nadu - Political parties and populist schemes - National renaissance - Early uprising
against British rule - 1857 Revolt - Indian National Congress - Emergence of national leaders -Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore, Netaji - Growth of militant movements -Different modes of agitations -Era of different Acts & Pacts - World war & final phase struggle - Communalism led to partition - Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle - Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & Others

UNIT - 2. General Mental Ability - Conversion of information to data - Collection,
compilation and presentation of data - Tables, graphs, diagrams - Parametric
representation of data -Analytical interpretation of data - Percentage - Highest Common Factor (HCF) - Lowest Common Multiple (LCM) - Ratio and Proportion - Simple interest - Compound interest - Area - Volume- Time and Work – Probability - Information technology - Basic terms, Communications - Application of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) - Decision making and problem solving - Basics in Computers / Computer terminology.

UNIT - 3. Role and impact of science and technology in the development of India and Tamil Nadu. - Nature of universe - General scientific laws - Scientific instruments - Inventions and discoveries - National scientific laboratories - Science glossary - Physical quantities, standards and units - Mechanics and properties of matter - Force, motion and energy - Heat, light and sound - Magnetism, electricity and electronics - Atomic and nuclear physics - Astronomy and space science - Elements and compounds - Acids, bases and salts - Oxidation and reduction - Carbon, nitrogen and their compounds - Natural disasters - safeguard measures - Chemistry of ores and metals - Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides - Biochemistry and biotechnology - Polymers and plastics – Electrochemistry - Main concepts of life science - The cell -basic unit of life - Classification of living organism - Nutrition and dietetics - Respiration -Excretion of metabolic waste - Bio – communication - Blood and blood circulation - Endocrine system- Reproductive system- Animals, plants and human life - Govt. policy /organizations on Science and Technology - Role, achievement & impact of Science and Technology - Energy - self sufficiency - oil exploration - Defence Research Organization - Ocean research and development - Genetics - the science of heredity - Environment, ecology, health and hygiene, Bio- diversity and its conservation - Human diseases, prevention and remedies - Communicable
diseases and non - communicable diseases - Alcoholism and Drug abuse - Computer science and advancement - Genetic Engineering - Remote sensing and benefits

Paper II

UNIT – I - Indian polity and emerging political trends across the world affecting India and Geography of India Indian polity - Constitution of India - Preamble to the constitution - Salient features of constitution - Union, state and territory - Citizenship - rights and duties - Fundamental rights - Directive principles of state policy - Fundamental duties - Human rights charter - Unionexecutive - Union legislature – parliament - State executive - State legislature – assembly - Status
of Jammu & Kashmir - Local government - panchayat raj - Indian federalism - center staterelations - Judiciary in India - Rule of law /Due process of law - Emergency provisions - Civilservices in India - Administrative Challenges in a welfare state - Complexities of districtadministration - Elections - Election Commission Union and State -Official language andSchedule – VIII - Amendments to constitution - Schedules to constitution .

a) Emerging political trends across the world affecting India

Foreign Affairs with special emphasis on India’s relations with neighbouring countries and inthe region -Security and defence related matters - Nuclear policy, issues and conflicts-The Indian Diaspora and its contribution to India and the world.

b)Geography of India

Earth and universe - Solar system - Atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere - Monsoon, rainfall,weather and climate - Water resources - rivers in India - Soil, minerals & natural resources - Natural vegetation - Forest & wildlife - Agricultural pattern, livestock & fisheries - Transport &communication - Centers of trade, commerce & art - Social geography - population - density and
distribution - Natural calamities - disaster management - Bottom topography of Indian ocean,Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal - Climate change - impact and consequences - mitigation measures - Pollution Control.

Candidates may choose to answer EITHER the Tamil question only in Tamil OR the English question only in English. Candidates writing in English shall if they choose to answer the Tamil question, write only in Tamil

2. Tamil language, Tamil society -- it’s culture and Heritage / English Language
1.நாகரிகமும் பண்பாடும் - தமிழர் தோற்றமும் பரவலும்
2.பண்டைத் தமிழர் வாழ்வியல் சிந்தனைகள் - வீரம், காதல், அறம், அறக்கோட்டு வழிபாடுகள் மற்றும் சடங்குமுறைகள்.
3.தமிழர் சமயமும் பண்பாட்டு நெறிமுறைகளும் - சைவம், வைணவம்.
4.தமிழர் பண்பாட்டுக் கலையும், நாகரிகமும் - இயல், இசை, நாடகம், ஓவியம், மருத்துவம், சிற்பம், நாட்டுப்புறக் கலைகள்.
OR
English Language Skills

1. Précis writing.
2. Report writing on current issues.
3. Comprehension of a given passage and answering questions thereupon.

3. Administration of Union and States with special reference to Tamil Nadu

State government organization - structure, functions and control mechanism - District administration -role in people’s welfare oriented programmes - Industrial map of Tamil Nadu - role of state government -Public Services - role of recruitment agencies - State finance -- resources, budget and financial administration - Use of IT in administration -- e-governance in the State - Natural calamities – Disaster Management Union and State -strategic planning in the
State - Social welfare - Government sponsored schemes with reference to Tamil Nadu - Union government organization - structure, functions and control mechanism - Relationship between State and Union - Industrial map of India -- role of Union government - Public Services -- role of recruitment agencies in Union Government - Union finance -- resources, budget and financial administration - Use of IT in administration -- e-governance in Union Government - Social welfare - government sponsored schemes by Government of India

Paper III
I. Current events of national and international importance Latest diary of events - national /international - National symbols - Profile of states - Defence,
national security and terrorism - Geographical landmarks- World organizations - pacts and summits - Latest inventions on science & technology - Eminent personalities & places in news -Sports & games - Books & authors - Awards & honours - Cultural panorama - Latest historical events - Policy on environment and ecology - India and its neighbours - Natural disasters -safeguard measures - Latest terminology - Appointments - who is who? - India’s foreign policy -
Latest court verdicts - public opinion - Problems in conduct of public elections - Political parties and political system in India - Public awareness & general administration - Role of voluntary organizations & govt. - Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility - New economic policy & govt. sector - Mass media & communication

2. Current Economic Trends: Indian economy and Impact of global economy on India
a. Indian economy - Nature of Indian economy - Five - year plan models - an assessment - Land reforms & agriculture - Application of science in agriculture - Industrial growth - Capital formation and investment - Role of public sector & disinvestment - Development of infrastructure - National income - Public finance & fiscal policy - Price policy & public distribution – Consumerism & Consumer protection - Banking, money & monetary policy - Role of Foreign Direct Investment -WTO – Liberalisation globalization & privatization - Rural welfare oriented programmes - HRD - sustainable economic growth - Economic trend in Tamil Nadu - Energy Different sources and development - Finance Commission - Planning Commission - National Development Council - Poverty Alleviation Programmes.

b. Impact of global economy on India
Impact of the Economic Crisis on India : (a) Offshoot of Globalized Economy - (b) Aspects of Financial Turmoil in India - Capital Outflow - Impact on Stock and Forex Market - Impact on the Indian Banking System - Impact on Industrial Sector and Export Prospect - Impact on Employment - Impact on Poverty

(c) Indian Economic Outlook.
India’s Crisis Responses and Challenges: (a) State of Economy in Crisis Times - (b) RBI’s CrisisResponse - (c) Government’s Crisis Response - (d) The Risks and Challenges - Monetary policy - Fiscal Policy - Financial stability The Options Ahead: Diversifying Exports - Boosting Domestic Consumption - Enhancing Public Spending - Generating Employment - Provisioning credit to Productive Sectors - Need for Structural Reforms - Increased purchasing power of the people.

3. Socio - Economic Issues in India/ Tamil Nadu - Population Explosion - Unemployment issues in India & Tamil Nadu - Child Labour - Economic Issues (a) Poverty (b) Sanitation- Rural and Urban (c) Corruption in public life - Anti -Corruption measures - CVC, Lok-adalats, Ombudsman, CAG. – Illiteracy –Women Empowerment- Role of the Government Women EmpowermentSocial injustice to womenfolk - Domestic violence, dowry menace, sexual assault - Loss of cultural heritage due to economic development - Urbanization and its impact on the society - Impact of violence on the growth of the nation – Religious violence, Terrorism and Communal violence - Regional Disparities - Problems of Minorities - Human Rights issues - Right to information - Central and State
Commission - Faith and conflict among legislature, executive, judiciary and media. - Education – Linkage between Education and Economic Growth. - Community Development Programme - Employment Guarantee Scheme - Self Employment and Entrepreneurship Development - Role of N.G.O’s in Social Welfare – Government Policy on Health
18th March 2015, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the TNPSC or Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group I exam age limit as I want to see if I can apply for the exam or not?
18th March 2015, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

The TNPSC or Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group I exam age limit as you want to see if you can apply for the exam or not is as follows:

For all the posts except the post of Assistant Commissioner (C.T)

Minimum Age: 21 Years

Maximum Age (should not have completed):
SC’s, SC(A)’s, ST’s, MBC’s/DC’s, BC’s, BCM’s and DW’s of all castes
35 Years

“Others” i.e., candidates not belonging to SC’s, SC(A)’s, ST’s, MBC’s/DC’s, BC’s and BCM’s
30 Years

Assistant Commissioner (C.T.)

For candidates possessing any degree

35 Years

“Others” i.e., candidates not belonging to SC’s, SC(A)’s, ST’s, MBC’s/DC’s, BC’s and BCM’s
30 Years

For candidates possessing B.L. degree of any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission.

36 Years

31 Years

Qualification Required

Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category – I)
A Degree or Diploma in Criminology and Forensic Science and also to those who possess National Awards for Physical Efficiency

Assistant Commissioner (C.T.)
First Preference _ A Degree both in Commerce and Law together with a Diploma in Taxation laws
Second Preference _ A Degree both in Commerce and Law.
Third Preference _ A Degree either in Commerce or Law together with a Diploma in Taxation laws
Fourth Preference _ A Degree either in Commerce or Law.

Assistant Director of Rural Development Department
i) Post Graduate Degree in Rural Service of the Gandhigram Rural Institute, Madurai District.
ii) Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Extension.
iii) Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Sociology

Tags
age limit

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in