2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th May 2016, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Re: TMH JEE Mains Physics

The details of the book published by TMH for Physics which can be referred to for cracking the JEE Examination is as follows:

TMH JEE MAINS PHYSICS 2017
₹795.00

Product Description

Book Name: TMH JEE MAINS PHYSICS 2017

Publisher: TMH

Delivery: FREE

Reference Books to crack IIT JEE & Other Competitive Exams

Other Physics Books for JEE Main and JEE Advanced

Concepts of Physics Volume 1 & Volume 2 by H.C. Verma

This is a very fine general Physics textbook written by Prof. H.C. Verma, who also happens to be a professor and an experimental physicist at IIT Kanpur.

IIT JEE Main & Advanced – 14 Year’s Objective Solved Papers

Not a reference book per se, but this one will help you to get an idea of what kind of questions are actually asked in the JEE Mains and Advanced exams.

Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker

This is an expensive book and a really thick one but it is a charm to read physics from this book. Used as a general physics textbook in American universities,

Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov

I.E. Irodov was one of the greatest General Physicists of all time. Problems in General Physics contains close to 300 problems in various topics of General Physics and in order to solve these problems you will really need to have strong concepts.

A Collection of Questions & Problems in Physics by L.A. Sena

If you are doing self-study and have not joined any coaching class or tutorials for your JEE Prep then I would surely recommend you to use this book.

Physics Volume 1 & 2 by Tipler

The Physics texts (Vol 1 and Vol 2) authored by P.A. Tipler is a textbook for general physics used by students in many countries.

Physical Chemistry (Numerical Chemistry) Books for JEE

Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon

Various Physical Chemistry concepts have been explained to great depth in this book and it also accompanies tough problems of various levels with their solutions. If you are preparing with taking JEE Advanced in mind then the problems in this book will be of great help to you.

Physical Chemistry by P.Bahadur

This book for Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur is as good as the one by O.P Tandon, that I mentioned above and can be used for preparing both JEE Mains and JEE Advanced exams. During my days of JEE preparation, I did refer to the chapters of Chemical Kinetics, Ionic Equilibrium & Thermodynamics from this book and solved most of the numerical problems as daily practice.

University Chemistry by Bruce H. Mahan

This book is a course text-book higher education level Physical Chemistry in many colleges and provides in-depth explanation and coverage of almost all topics related to the subject. If you are in doubt about any specific topic in Physical chemistry then reading through that part of the book is highly recommended.

Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee

This book can easily be termed as the H.C. Verma of Chemistry, well not literally! During my JEE preparation days I used to swear by this book owing to the quality of the numerical problems in it and the explanation of the solutions – simple, to the point and lucid. Without solving questions from this book no preparation for JEE level physical chemistry can be termed as complete.

Physical Chemistry by P.W.Atkins

Physical Chemistry by P.W.Atkins, the problems are of really high level and you do not really need to solve such problems to prepare yourself for the JEE Main exams or even the JEE Advanced exams. Just refer to the book for its solid concepts.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in