2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th November 2014, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Is there negative marking in Bank Exams?

No. As of no there is no negative marking pattern keeps on changing year by year...

Here I am providing you the syllabus of the IBPS clerk that you want:

1. General Awareness:

Geography, history, science, economics, sports, constitution, politics, history, banking, culture etc. Give due Consideration to Current Affairs especially the happenings in Banking arena

2. English Language:

Reading comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Finding grammatical errors , Sentence completion, Para jumbles , Synonymous and Antonyms, word formation. In Comprehension questions are asked for deriving conclusion, theme detection, passage completion and the topic Rearrangement of passage

3. Numerical Ability & Quantitative Aptitude:

Arithmetic & Data Interpretation, which includes bar graphs, pie-charts, line graphs & tabulation. Roots, Average, Ratio, Time & Work, Time and Distance, Percentage, Profit & loss etc. include the Arithmetic quotient. clocks, volume & surface area, height & distances, logarithms, permutation & combination, simple & compound interest and probability

4. Reasoning can be verbal and non verbal:

Verbal includes classification, analogy, decision making, word formation, series, decoding & coding, blood relation, symbol & notation, statement & conclusion, sitting arrangement and problem solving. Non Verbal includes series completion, finding any missing figure and classification.

5. Computer Knowledge, Computer Awareness:

Basic questions in MS Office suite, Windows, internet, operating systems, computer networks, internet, E-commerce, the basic computer architecture, terminology, EFT systems, acronyms. Take a look at current affairs on Computer area.
19th March 2015, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am Divya and I want to appear in bank exams so tell me is there negative marking for wrong answers?
19th March 2015, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, in mainly bank exams there is a negative marking of ¼ marks for wrong answer. Here I am providing you the exam pattern of IBPS PO exam.

IBPS PO exam pattern-

IBPS PO Written exam is a Objective type paper with multiple choice questions.

For every wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted and for blank Question there is no negative marking.

Paper contains the following 5 Subjects -

Sr. No. Name of Tests (Objective) Maximum Marks
1 Reasoning 50
2 English Language 40
3 Quantitative Aptitude 50
4 General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry) 40
5 Computer Knowledge 20
Total 200

Duration - Composite Time of 2 hours

Address
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
IBPS House,90 Feet, D.P.Road, Near Thakur Polytechnic, Off. Western Express Highway, P. B. No. 8587 Kandivali (E), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400 101 ‎
1800 22 2366

[MAP]Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, Mumbai, Maharashtra[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in