2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th October 2014, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TCS placement papers

TCS arises many job vacancies for candidates who have completed MCA (Master of computer Applications). In preparation for the recruitment process of TCS, placement papers will help you. Placement exam does not consist of any technical questions. It consist three following sections:
• verbal section
• quantitative aptitude section
• critical reasoning section

Now, I am giving you some TCS placement papers for your preparation.

TCS Placement question Paper 1

SECTION I

1. If VXUPLVH is written as SURMISE, what is SHDVD ?
Ans. PEASA (hint: in the first word, the alphabets of the jumbled one is three alphabets after the corresponding alphabet in the word SURMISE. S = V-3, similarly find the one for SHDVD)
2. If DDMUQZM is coded as CENTRAL then RBDJK can be coded as ---------
Ans. QCEIL (hint: Write both the jumbled and the coded word as a table, find the relation between the corresponding words, i.e C= D-1, N=M+1 & so on

3. In the word ECONOMETRICS, if the first and second , third and forth ,forth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right?
Ans. word is CENOMOTEIRSC tenth word is R
4. Find the result of the following expression if, M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation: M(373,5)+R(3.4)+T(7.7)+R(5.8)
Ans. 19

5. What is the largest prime number that can be stored in an 8-bit memory?
Ans.

6. Find the physical quantity in units from the equation: (ForceDistance)/(VelocityVelocity)
Ans. Ns2/m
7. Find the value of @@+25-++@16, where @ denotes "square" and + denotes "square root".
Ans: 621
8. If f(0)=1 and f(n)= f(n-1)n, find the value of f(4).
Ans: 24
9. Convert the decimal number 310 to the base 6.
Ans: 1234
10. Find the missing number in the series: 2, 5, __ , 19 , 37, 75
Ans: 9
11. In a two-dimensional array, X(9,7), with each element occupying 4 bytes of memory, with the address of the first element X(1,1) is 3000, find the address of X(8,5).
Ans.
12. Find the fourth row, having the bit pattern as an integer in an 8-bit computer, and express the answer in its decimal value.
A 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1
B 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
C 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1
(AU(B-C)) ?
Ans.29

13. Complete the series 2, 7, 24, 77,__ (hint: 212= 24, 711= 77, therefore 2410= 240)
Ans:240
14. Consider the following diagram for answering the following questions:

A. Find the difference between people playing cricket and tennis alone.
Ans: 4
B. Find the percentage of people playing hockey to that playing both hockey and cricket.
Ans:
C. Find the percentage of people playing all the games to the total number of players.
Ans: 6%
15. One more question of the same type (Same type of diagram; of course in a different set)

1. How many more or less speak English than French?

2. What % people speak all the three languages?

3. What % people speak German but not English?

{In another set cricket, hockey and tennis are changed with the name of some computer languages, such as Java, Cobol, Fortran (may be some other name)}
16. Select the odd one out
a. Oracle b. Linux c. Ingress d. DB2

17. Select the odd one out
a. SMTP b. WAP c. SAP d. ARP

18. Select the odd man out.
a. Java b. Lisp c. Smalltalk d. Eiffel

19. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs?
a. 3i+2j b. i+j c. 2i-3j d. -7i+j

20. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube
a. 12,8,6 b. 4,6,8 c. 6,8,12 d. 6,12,8
21. Given a Bar Chart showing the sales of a company. (In Figure) The sales in years as shown in the figure are (in crores) 1998-1999 - 130, 1997-1998 - 90, 1996-1997 - 90, 1995-1996 - 70

1. The highest growth rate was for the year
Ans. 1998-1999

2. The net increase in sales of the company in the year span of 1995-1999
Ans. 60 crores.

3. The lowest growth rate was for the year
Ans. 1997

22. Find the 566 value of the decimal number to the base 7.
Ans. 1436.

23. Complete the series:5,6,7,8,10,11,14,__.
Ans. 15

24. If the vertex (5,7) is placed in the memory. First vertex (1,1) ‘s address is 1245 and then address of (5,7) is ----------
Ans.

25. In which of the system, decimal number 384 is equal to 1234?
Ans.

26. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work?
Ans.

27. In Madras, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm.
Ans.

28. The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent?
Ans.

29. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied ?
Ans.

30. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 750 meters width. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 1500mts away from the power unit. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 15/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.12/- per meter. Find the total of laying the cable.
Ans. Rs. 22,500 (hint: the plant is on the other side of the plant i.e. it is not on the same side as the river)

{There are two questions, both showing a curve. In the first one, you have to identify the curve. In the second one you have to Write the equation of the curve. In }

SECTION II
1. If A can copy 50 pages in 10 hours and A and B together can copy 70 pages in 10 hours, how much time does B takes to copy 26 pages?
a. b. c. d.
2. Match the following:
1. Male - Boy ---> a. A type of
2. Square - Polygon ---> b. A part of
3. Roof - Building ---> c. Not a type of
4. Mushroom - Vegetables ---> d. A superset of
Ans: 1- d, 2- a, 3- b, 4- c
3. Match the following.
1. brother – sister ---> a. Part of
2. Alsatian – dog---> b. Sibling
3. sentence – paragraph---> c. Type of
4. car - steering --->d. Not a type of
Ans. 1-b, 2-c, 3-a, 4-d

Questions 20- 24 are based on the following passage:
The office staff of the XYZ corporation presently consists of three bookkeepers (A, B and C) and five secretaries (D, E, F, G and H). Management is planning to open a new office in another city using three secretaries and two bookkeepers of the current staff. To do so they plan to separate certain individuals who do not function well together. The following guidelines were established to set up the new office:
I. Bookkeepers A and C are constantly finding fault with one another and should not be sent as a team to the new office.
II. C and E function well alone but not as a team. They should be separated.
III. D and G have not been on speaking terms for many months. They should not go together.
IV. Since D and F have been competing for promotion, they should not be a team.
Ans.

4. If A is to be moved as one of the bookkeepers, which of the following cannot be a possible working team?
(a) ABDEH (b) ABDGH (c) ABEFH (d) ABEGH (e) ABFGH

5. If C and F are moved to the new office, how many combinations are possible?
(a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4 (e) 5

6. If C is sent to the new office, which member of the staff cannot go with C?
(a) B (b) D (c) F (d) G (e) H

7. Under the guidelines developed, which of the following must go to the new office?
(a) B (b) D (c) E (d) G (e) H

8. If D goes to the new office which of the following is (are) true?
I. C cannot go.
II. A cannot go.
III. H must also go.
a. I only. b. II only. c. I and II only. d. I and III only. e. I, II and III.
9. Two stations A & B are 110 km apart. One train starts from A at 7 am, and travels towards B at 20kmph. Another train starts from B at 8 am and travels towards A at 25kmph. At what time will they meet?
a. 9 am b. 10 am c. 11 am d. 10.30 am

10. If a man can swim downstream at 6kmph and upstream at 2kmph, his speed in still water is:
a. 4kmph b. 2kmph c. 3kmph d. 2.5kmph

Answer the following three questions based on the paragraph:
A student applying at a college should take three courses. There are altogether four courses, namely, Science, Maths, Social Sudies and Economics. (The names may vary, but the pattern is the same)
One can take a Science course onty if he has taken a Maths course.
One can take a Maths course only if he has taken a Science course.
One can take a n Economics course only if he has taken a Social Studies course.

11. Which of the following is a possible course?
a. Two Science courses and a Social Studies Course.
b. Two Maths courses and an Economics course.
c. One Mats course, one Science course and a Social Studies course.
d. One Maths course, one Science course and an Economics course.

12. Which of the following courses a student can take?
I. One Science, one Social Studies, one Economics
II. Two Science, one Social Studies
III. Two Science, one Maths.
a. I only b. III only c. I and II only d. II and III only

13. Which of the following is not a possible course?
a. Two Science courses and a Maths course.b. Two Maths course and a Science course.
c. One Maths course, one Science course and a Social Studies Course.
d. One Maths course, one Science course and an Economics course

TCS Placement question Paper 2
1. One Rectangular plate with length 8 inches breadth 11 inches and 2 inches thickness is there. What is the length of the circular rod with diameter 8 inches and equal to volume of rectangular plate ?

Ans: 3.5 inches

2. What is the Number of zeros at the end of the product of the numbers from 1 to 100.

3. In some game 139 members have participated every time one fellow will get out. What is the number of matches to choose the champion to be held?

Ans: 138

4. One fast typist type some matter in 2hr and another slow typist type the same matter in 3hr. If both do combine in how much time they will finish. (S)

Ans: 1hr 12min

5. In 8*8 chess board what is the total number of squares.

Ans:204

6. Falling height is proportional to square of the time. One object falls 64cm in 2sec than in 6sec from how much height the object will fall.

Ans:576 cm

7. Gavaskar average in first 50 innings was 50. After the 51st innings his average was 51 how many runs he made in the 51st innings.

Ans:101

8. 2 oranges, 3 bananas and 4 apples cost Rs.15 . 3 oranges 2 bananas 1 apple costs Rs 10. what is the cost of 3 oranges, 3 bananas and 3 apples

Ans: Rs 15.

9. In 80 coins one coin is counterfeit what is minimum number of weightings to find out counterfeit coin

10. In a company 30% are supervisors and 40% employees are male. If 60% of supervisors are male. What is the probability that a randomly chosen employee is a male or female?

11. Two pencils costs 8 cents, then 5 pencils cost how much

Ans:20 cents

12. A work is done by the people in 24 min. one of them can do this work a lonely in 40 min. how much time required to do the same work for the second person.

Ans:60 min

13. For a round trip, a car used 4 1/2 gallons of gasoline. If it used 1/4 more gasoline going than coming back, how much gasoline was used coming back?

Ans: 2 gallons

14. low temperature at the night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2 hinge as higher temperature in a day. sum of the low temp and highest temp is 100C. then what is the low temperature

Ans: 40 C

15. A person who decided to go weekend trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a day Average speed of forward journey is 40 mph. due to traffic in sundays, the return journey average speed is 30 mph. how far he can select a picnic spot

Ans: 120 miles

16. A sales person multiplied a number and get the answer is 3, instead of that number divided by 3. what is th answer he actually has to get ?

Ans: 1/3

17. A ship started from port and moving with I mph and another ship started from L and moving with H mph. At which place these two ships meet?

Ans is between I and J and close to J

!_____!_____!_____!_____!_____!_____!

port G H I J K L

18. A building with hight D ft shadow upto G A neighbor building with what height shadow C ft is

Ans: B ft

!_____!_____!_____!_____!_____!_____!_____!

A B C D E F G H

19. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph. Another person was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same. If the second person was traveling at a speed of 35 mph. Find the speed limit

Ans: 15 mph

20. A bus started from bustand at 8.00a m and after 30 min staying at destination, it returned back to the bustand. the destination is 27 miles from the bustand. the speed of the bus 50 percent fast speed. At what time it retur4ns to the bustand

Ans: 11.00

21. In a mixture, R is 2 parts, S is 1 part. in order to make S to 25% of the mixture, how much R is to be added

Ans: one part

22. Wind flows 160 miles in 330 min, for 80 miles how much time required.

Ans: 165 min

23. With 4/5 full tank vehicle travels 12 miles, with 1/3 full tank how much distance travels

Ans: 5 miles

24. A man on a motorcycle rides 110 miles in 330 minutes. What is his average speed in miles per hour?

Ans: 20 miles

25. A stationary engine has enough fuel to move 12 hours when its tank is 4/5 full, how much hours will it run when the tank is 1/3 full

Ans: 5 hours

26. The centre of a storm shifts 22.5 miles in 1 hour. At the same rate what time will it take to move 60 miles?

Ans: 2 2/3 hours

27. A 3 gallon mixture contains one part S and two parts R. In order to change it to mixture containing 25% S, how much R should be added?

Ans: 1 gallon

28. A tree grows only 3/5 as fast as the one beside it. In four years the combined growth of the two trees is eight feet. How much does the shorter tree grow in two years

Ans: Less than 2 feet

29. An ocean liner L miles from port steams toward port at 11 miles per hour. Another ship leaves the same port and steams toward the ocean liner at 1 miles per hour. How many miles away from the port will they meet?

Ans: Between I and J, closer to J

30. There are 150 weights .Some are 1 kg weights and some are 2 kg weights. The sum of the weights is 260.What is the number of 1kg weights?

Ans. 40

32. A moves 3 kms east from his starting point . He then travels 5 kms north. From that point he moves 8 kms to the east. How far is A from his starting point?

Ans. 13 kms

33. The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 8. When 18 is added to the number, the digits are reversed. Find the number?

Ans. 35

34. The cost of one pencil, two pens and four erasers is Rs.22 while the cost of five pencils, four pens and two erasers is Rs.32.How much will three pencils, three pens and three erasers cost?

Ans. 27

35. Fathers age is 5 times his son's age. 4 years back the father was 9 times older than son. Find the fathers' present age.

Ans. 40 years

36. What number should be added to or subtracted from each term of the ratio 17 : 24 so that it becomes equal to 1 : 2.

Ans. 10 should be subtracted

37. What is the 12th term of the series 2, 5, 8, ....

Ans. 35

38. If 20 men take 15 days to to complete a job, in how many days can 25 men finish that work?

Ans. 12 days

41. In a fraction, if 1 is added to both the numerator at the denominator, the fraction becomes 1/2. If numerator is subtracted from the denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4. Find the fraction.

Ans. 3/7

42. If Rs.1260 is divided between between A, B and C in the ratio 2:3:4, what is C's share?

Ans. Rs. 560

43. A shopkeeper bought a watch for Rs.400 and sold it for Rs.500.What is his profit percentage?

Ans. 25%

44. What percent of 60 is 12?

Ans. 20%

45. Hansie made the following amounts in seven games of cricket in India: Rs.10, Rs.15, Rs.21, Rs.12, Rs.18, Rs.19 and Rs.17(all figures in crores of course). Find his average earnings.

Ans. Rs.16 crore

49. A 3-gallon mixture contains one part S and two parts R. In order to change it to a mixture containing 25% S, how much R should be added?
(a) 1/2 gallon (b) 2/3 gallon (c) 3/4 gallon (d) 1 gallon (e) 1 1/2 gallon

53. If A is traveling at 72 km per hour on a highway. B is traveling at a speed of 25 meters per second on a highway. What is the difference in their speeds in meters per second?
(a) 1/2 m/sec (b) 1 m/sec (c) 1 1/2 m/sec
(d) 2 m/sec (e) 3 m/sec

54. A salesperson by mistake multiplied a number and got the answer as 3, instead of dividing the number by 3. What is the answer he should have actually got?
(a) 0 (b) 1/3 (c) 1 (d) 2 (e) 3

55. If the length of a rectangle is increased by 30% and the width is decreased by 20%, then the area is increased by...
(a) 10% (b) 5% (c) 4% (d) 20% (e) 25%

56. In the class of 40 students, 30 speak Hindi and 20 speak English. What is the lowest possible number of students who speak both the languages?
(a) 5 (b) 20 (c) 15 (d) 10 (e) 30

57. The most economical prices among the following prices is:
(a) 10 kilo for Rs.160
(b) 2 kilo for Rs.30
(c) 4 kilo for Rs.70
(d) 20 kilo for Rs.340
(e) 8 kilo for Rs.130
58. A truck contains 150 small packages, some weighing 1 kg each and some weighing 2 kg each. how many packages weighing 2 kg each are in the truck if the total weight of all the packages is 264 kg?
(a) 36 (b) 52 (c) 88 (d) 124 (e) 114

60. One year ago Pandit was three times his sister's age. Next year he will be only twice her age. How old will Pandit be after five years?

Ans: 12 years

TCS Placement question Paper 3
1. Two pencils costs 8 cents, then 5 pencils cost how much

Sol: 2 pencils è 8 cents => 1 pencil è 4 cents

Therefore 5 pencils cost = 5 * 4 = 20 cents

2. A work is done by two people in 24 min. one of them can do this work a lonely
in 40 min. how much time required to do the same work for the second person.

Sol: (A+B) can do the work in = 1/24 min.

A alone can do the same work in = 1/40 min.

B alone can do the same work in = (A+B)’s – A’s = 1/24 – 1/40 = 1/60

Therefore, b can do the same work in = 60 min

3.A car is filled with four and half gallons of oil for full round trip. Fuel is taken
1/4 gallon more in going than coming. What is the fuel consumed in coming up?

Sol Before the trip, car is filled with = 4 ½ gallon of oil

Let ‘X’ be the quantity of fuel consumed for the trip in one direction

The fuel consumed while going = X + ¼

The fuel consumed while coming = X

Therefore, the fuel consumed for the trip = (X + ¼) + X = 4 ½

ð 2X + ¼ = 4 ½ => 2X = 4 ½ – ¼ => 2X = 4 ¼ => X= 2. approx

Therefore the fuel consumed while coming = 2 gallon

4. Low temperature at the night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2 high as higher
temperature in a day. Sum of the low temperature and highest temp. is 100
degrees. Then what is the low temp?

Sol: 40 deg.

5. A person, who decided to go to weekend trip should not exceed 8 hours
driving in a day. Average speed of forward journey is 40 m/h. Due to traffic
in Sundays, the return journey average speed is 30 m/h. How far he can select
a picnic spot?

a) 120 miles
b) Between 120 and 140 miles
c) 160 miles

Answer: 120 miles

6. A salesperson multiplied a number and got the answer 3, instead of that number divided by 3.What is the answer he actually has to get?

Sol: (1/3) *1 * 3 = 3, so number = 1

Divided by 3

Answer: 1/3.

7. A ship started from port and moving with I miles per hour and another ship started from L and moving with H miles per hour. At which place these two ships meet?

|—-|—-|—-|—-|—-|—-|
port G H I J K L

Sol: Answer is between I and J and close to J or (L*I*H)/(H+I)

8. A building with height D shadow up to G. A neighbor building with what
height shadows C feet.

|—-|—-|—-|—-|—-|—-|—-|
A B C D E F G H

Sol: B Ft. or CD/G

9. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10mph. Another person
was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same. If the
second person was traveling at a speed of 35 mph, find the speed limit.

Sol: Let ‘x’ be the speed limit

Person ‘A’ was fined for exceeding the speed limit by = 10mph
Person ‘B’ was fined for exceeding the speed limit by = twice of ‘A’
= 2*10mph=20mph
given that the second person was traveling at the speed of 35mph

=> 35mph – 20mph = 15mph

Therefore the speed limit is =15 mph

10.A bus started from bus stand at 8.00am, and after 30 minutes staying at
destination, it returned back to the bus stand. The destination is 27 miles from
the bus stand. The speed of the bus is 18mph. In return journey bus travels
with 50% fast speed. At what time it returns to the bus stand?

Sol: 11.00am

11.In a mixture, R is 2 parts S is 1 part. In order to make S to 25% of the mixture,
how much r is to be added?

Sol: One Part

12. Wind flows 160 miles in 330 min, for 80 miles how much time required.

Sol:

13. With 4/5 full tank vehicle travels 12 miles, with 1/3 full tank how much
distance travels

Sol: ( 5 miles )

14. Two trees are there. One grows at 3/5 of the other in 4 years, total growth of
trees is 8 ft. what growth will smaller tree will have in 2 years

Sol: ( < 2 ft. )

15. A storm will move with a velocity of towards the center in hours, at the same
rate how much far will it move in hrs.

Sol: ( but the answer is 8/3 or 2 2/3 )

1. In a two-dimensional array, X (9, 7), with each element occupying 4 bytes of memory, with the address of the first element X (1, 1) is 3000; find the address of X (8, 5).
Ans: 3212

2. In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second, third and forth, forth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right? Ans:I

3. What is the largest prime number that can be stored in an 8-bit memory? Ans : 251

4. Select the odd one out…..a. Java b. Lisp c. Smalltalk d. Eiffel.

5. Select the odd one out a. SMTP b. WAP c. SAP d. ARP

6. Select the odd one out a. Oracle b. Linux c. Ingress d. DB2

7. Select the odd one out a. WAP b. HTTP c. BAAN d. ARP

8. Select the odd one out a. LINUX b. UNIX c. SOLARIS d. SQL SEVER

9. Select the odd one out a. SQL b. DB2 c. SYBASE d. HTTP

10. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied? Ans: 0.5%(SQRT 101N)

11. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work? Ans: 16

12. In which of the system, decimal number 184 is equal to 1234? Ans: 5

13. Find the value of the 678 to the base-7. Ans: 1656

14. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube Ans: 6 8 12

15. Complete the series 2, 7, 24, 77,__ Ans: 238

16. Find the value of @@+25-++@16, where @ denotes “square” and + denotes “square root”. Ans: 621

17. Find the result of the following expression if, M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation: M(373,5)+R(3.4)+T(7.7)+R(5.8) Ans:19

18. If TAFJHH is coded as RBEKGI then RBDJK can be coded as? Ans: qcckj

19. G(0)= -1, G(1)=1, G(N)=G(N-1) – G(N-2), G(5)= ? Ans: – 2

20. What is the max possible 3 digit prime number? Ans: 997

21. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 750 meters width. A cable is made from power unit to power plant opposite to that of the river and 1500mts away from the power unit.The cost of the cable below water is Rs.15/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.12/-per meter. Find the total of laying the cable. Ans : 1000 (24725-cost)

22. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied? Ans:0.5%(SQRT 101N)

23. In Madras, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm. Ans:At 9pm 7.5 more

24. The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent? Ans: 30

25. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work? Ans: 16

26. If the vertex (5,7) is placed in the memory. First vertex (1,1) `s address is 1245 and then address of (5,7) is ———- Ans: 1279

27. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs?
a. 3i+2j b. i+j c. 2i-3j d. -7i+j Ans: a, c

28. If VXUPLVH is written as SURMISE, what is SHDVD? Ans: PEASE

29. If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%.What will be the fuel economy if they were used combined.
Ans: 20%

30. What is the power of 2? a. 2068 b.2048 c.2668

31. Complete the series. 3, 8, –, 24, –, 48, 63. Ans: 15.35

32. Complete the series. 4, -5, 11, -14, 22, — Ans: -27

33. A, B and C are 8 bit no’s. They are as follows:
A -> 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1
B -> 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0
C -> 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1
Find ((A-B) u C)=? Hint: 109…. A-B is {A} – {A n B}

34. A Flight takes off at 2 A.M from northeast direction and travels for 11 hours to reach the destination, which is in northwest direction. Given the latitude and longitude of source and destination. Find the local time of destination when the flight reaches there? Ans: 7 am

35. A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers? Ans: 13

36. A is twice efficient than B. A and B can both work together to complete a work in 7 days. Then find in how many days, A alone can complete the work? Ans: 10.5

37. A finish the work in 10 days. B is 60% efficient than A. So how many days do B takes to finish the work? Ans :100/6

38. A finishes the work in 10 days & B in 8 days individually. If A works for only 6 days then how many days should B work to complete A’s work? Ans: 3.2 days

39. Given the length of the 3 sides of a triangle. Find the one that is impossible? (HINT: sum of smaller 2 sides is greater than the other one, which is larger)

40. Find the singularity matrix from a given set of matrices? (Hint det(A)==0))

41. A 2D array is declared as A[9,7] and each element requires 2 byte. If A [1,1] is stored in 3000. Find the memory of A[8,5] ? Ans: 3106

42. Sum of slopes of 2 perpendicular st.lines is given. Find the pair of lines from the given set of options, which satisfy the above condition?

43. (a) 2+3i (b)1+i (c) 3-2i (d) 1-7i .Find which of the above is orthogonal. Ans : a,c

44. (Momentum*Velocity)/(Acceleration * distance). Find units. Ans: mass

45. The number 362 in decimal system is given by (1362) x in the X System of numbers find the value of X a} 5 b) 6 c) 7 d) 8 e) 9

46. Given $ means Tripling and % means change of sign then find the value of $%$6-%$%6

47. My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N 10E and landed 10 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N70W. What is the local time when my plane landed?
6:00 am b) 6:40am c) 7:40 d) 7:00 e) 8:00
(Hint: Every 1 deg longitude is equal to 4 minutes. If west to east add time else subtract time)

48. Find the highest prime number that can be stored in an 8 bit Computer?

49. Which of the following set of numbers has the highest Standard deviation?
a)1,0,1,0,1,0 b) -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1
c)1,1,1,1,1,1 d) 1,1,0, -1,0, -1

TCS Placement question Paper 4
1)A is driving on a highway when the police fines him for overspeeding and exceeding the limit by 10 km/hr.At the same time B is fined for overspeeding by twice the amount by which A exceeded the limit.If he was driving at 35 km/hr what is the speed limit for the road?Ans. 15 kmph
2)A car travels 12 kms with a 4/5th filled tank.How far will the car travel with 1/3 filled tank?Ans. 5 kms
3) falling height is proportional to square of the time. one object falls 64cm in 2sec than in 6sec from how much height the object will fall.
4)A car has run 10000 miles using 5 tyres interchangably,To have a equal wornout by all tyres how many miles each tyre should have run. answer 4000 miles/tyre
5)A person, who decided to go to weekened trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a day. Average speed of forward journey is 40 m/h. Due to traffic in sundays, the return journey average speed is 30 m/h. How far he can select a picnic spot?
a) 120 miles b) between 120 and 140 miles c) 160 miles ans: 120 miles
6)A ship started from port and moving with I miles per hour and another ship started from L and moving with H miles per hour. At which place these two ships meet?

|—-|—-|—-|—-|—-|—-|
port G H I J K L
7)A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10mph. Another person
was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same. If the
second person was traveling at a speed of 35 mph, find the speed limit.
Sol: Let ‘x’ be the speed limit
Person ‘A’ was fined for exceeding the speed limit by = 10mph
Person ‘B’ was fined for exceeding the speed limit by = twice of ‘A’ = 2*10mph=20mph
given that the second person was traveling at the speed of 35mph
=> 35mph – 20mph = 15mph
8)A bus started from bustand at 8.00am, and after 30 minutes staying
at destination, it returned back to the busstand. The destination
is 27 miles from the busstand. The speed of the bus is 18mph. In
return journey bus travels with 50% fast speed. At what time it returns to the busstand? (11.00am).
9) wind flows 160 miles in 330 min, for 80 miles how much time required.
10)A storm will move with a velocity of towards the centre in hours,At the same rate how much far will it move in hrs.( but the answer is 8/3 or 2 2/3 )
11)If A is traveling at 72 km per hour on a highway. B is traveling at a speed of 25 meters per second on a highway. What is the difference in their speeds in meters per second?
(a) 1/2 m/sec (b) 1 m/sec (c) 1 1/2 m/sec (d) 2 m/sec (e) 3 m/sec
12)A traveler walks a certain distance. Had he gone half a kilometer an hour faster \, he would have walked it in 4/5 of the time, and had he gone half a Kilometer an hour slower, he would have walked 2 ½ hr longer. What is the distance?
a)10 Km b)15 Km c)20 Km d)Data Insufficient
13) A ship leaves on a long voyage. When it is 18 miles from the shore, a seaplane, whose speed is 10 times that of the ship is sent to deliver mail. How far from the shore does the seaplane catch upo with the ship?
a)24 miles b)25 miles c)22 miles d)20 miles
14) In a circular race track of length 100 m, three persons A, B and C start together. A and B start in the same direction at speeds of 10 m/s and 8 m/s respectively. While C runs in the opposite at 15 m/s. When will all the three meet for the first time on the after the start?
a)after 4s b)after 50s c)after 100s d)after 200s
15) If the distance traveled (s) in time (t) by a partile is given by the formula s = 1+ 2t+3t2+4t3 , then what is the distance travelled in the 4th second of its motion?
a)141m b)171m c)243 m d)313 m
16) A non stop bus to Amritsar overtakes an auto also moving towards Amritsar at 10 am. The bus reaches Amritsar at 12.30 pm and starts on the return journey after 1 hr. On the way back it meets the auto at 2 pm. At what time the auto will reach Amritsar?

a) 2.30pm b)3.00pm c)3.15pm d)3.30pm

TIME AND WORK

1)A is twice efficient than B. A and B can both work together to complete a work in 7 days. Then find in how many days A alone can complete the work? 10.5 (11)
2)A finish the work in 10 days. B is 60% efficient than A. So how days does B take to finish the work? Ans 100/6 (4 days)
3) A finishes the work in 10 days & B in 8 days individually. If A works for only 6 days then how many days should B work to complete A’s work? Ans 3.2 days (4 days)
4)A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work? Ans 16
5)If 20 men take 15 days to to complete a job, in how many days can 25 men finish that work?Ans. 12 days
6) one fast typist type some matter in 2hr and another slow typist type the same matter in 3hr. if both do combinely in how much time they will finish. ans: 1hr 12min
7)A man shapes 3 cardboards in 50 minutes,how many cardboards does he shape in 5 hours?answer 18cardboards.
8)A work is done by two people in 24 min. one of them can do this work a lonely in 40 min. how much time required to do the same work for the second person.
SolA+B) can do the work in = 1/24 min.
A alone can do the same work in = 1/40 min.
B alone can do the same work in = (A+B)’s – A’s = 1/24 – 1/40 = 1/60
Therefore, b can do the same work in = 60 min
9)A can do a piece of work in 20 days, which B can do in 12 days. In 9 days B does ¾ of the work. How many days will A take to finish the remaining work?
10)Anand finishes a work in 7 days, Bittu finishes the same job in 8 days and Chandu in 6 days. They take turns to finish the work. Anand on the first day, Bittu on the second and Chandu on the third day and then Anand again and so on. On which day will the work get over? a)3rd b)6th c)9th d)7th
11) 3 men finish painting a wall in 8 days. Four boys do the same job in 7 days. In how many days will 2 men and 2 boys working together paint two such walls of the same size? a) 6 6/13 days b)3 3/13 days c)9 2/5 days d) 12 12/13 days
12)The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent?ans 30 milliseconds

TRAINS

1)TWO STATIONS A & B ARE 110 KM APART. ONE TRAIN STARTS FROM A AT 7
AM, AND TRAVELS TOWARDS B AT 20KMPH. ANOTHER TRAIN STARTS FROM B AT 8 AM
AND TRAVELS TOWARDS A AT 25KMPH. AT WHAT TIME WILL THEY MEET?
A. 9 AM B. 10 AM C. 11 AM D. 10.30 AM

TREE

1) 900 M WIDE 3000 M WIDTH SOMETHING I CAN’T REMEMBER SOME VALUES ARE GIVEN BY AIR PER M Rs. 4 BY GROUND PER M Rs. 5
THEN WHERE U WILL CUT
2)Two trees are there. one grows at 3/5 of the other in 4 years, total growth of trees is 8 ft. what growth will smaller tree will have in 2 years ( < 2 ft. ) ie 1 ½ feet

TRIANGLES

1) Given the length of the 3 sides of a triangle. Find the one that is impossible? (HINT : sum of smaller 2 sides is greater than the other one which is larger)
2)3 angles or 3 sides r given.Which will form a triangle?

UNITS

1)(Momentum*Velocity)/(Acceleration * distance ) find units. ans mass
2)(energy * time * time )/(mass * dist) = distance
3)(momentum * velocity)/(force * time) = velocity
4)Find the physical quantity in units from the equation:
(Force*Distance)/(Velocity*Velocity) Ans. Ns2/m
5)Find the physical quantity represented by MOMENTUM *VELOCITY] / [LENGTH * ACCELERATION]?

VENN DIAGRAM

1)Venn Diagram kinda ques.Some know English, some French,some German……how many know two languages…..
2)VENN DIAGROM below
1. HOW MANY PERSON KNOW ENGLISH MORE THAN FRENCH
2. HOW MUCH % OF PEOPLE KNOWS ALL THE 3 LANGUAGES
3. HOW MUCH % OF PEOPLE THOSE WHO KNOWS FRENCH AND GERMAN AND NOT ENGLISH

FRENCH

3)Consider the following diagram for answering the following
questions:
A. Find the difference between people playing cricket and tennis alone. Ans: 4
B. Find the percentage of people playing hockey to that playing both hockey and cricket.
C. Find the percentage of people playing all the games to the total number of players. Ans: 6%
4)1. How many more or less speak English than French?
2. What % people speak all the three languages?
3. What % people speak German but not English?
WEIGHTS
1)There are 150 weights .Some are 1 kg weights and some are 2 kg weights. The sum of the weights is 260.What is the number of 1kg weights?Ans. 40
2)A truck contains 150 small packages, some weighing 1 kg each and some weighing 2 kg each. how many packages weighing 2 kg each are in the truck if the total weight of all the packages is 264 kg?
(a) 36 (b) 52 (c) 88 (d) 124 (e) 114

Last edited by Kiran Chandar; 28th October 2014 at 10:24 AM.
17th December 2014, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

TCS Placement Papers

I am looking for last year’s placement papers of TCS for preparation of placement so please provide me the same?
17th December 2014, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TCS Placement Papers

Here I am providing you last year’s placement papers of TCS for preparation of placement.

1) If log 0.317=0.3332 and log 0.318=0.3364 then find log 0.319 ?
Sol) log 0.317=0.3332 and log 0.318=0.3364, then
log 0.319=log0.318+(log0.318-log0.317) = 0.3396

2) A box of 150 packets consists of 1kg packets and 2kg packets. Total weight of box is 264kg. How many 2kg packets are there ?
Sol) x= 2 kg Packs
y= 1 kg packs
x + y = 150 .......... Eqn 1
2x + y = 264 .......... Eqn 2
Solve the Simultaneous equation; x = 114
so, y = 36
ANS : Number of 2 kg Packs = 114.

3) My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N 10E and landed 10 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N70W. What is the local time when my plane landed?
6:00 am b) 6:40am c) 7:40 d) 7:00 e) 8:00
Sol) The destination place is 80 degree west to the starting place. Hence the time difference between these two places is 5 hour 20 min. (=24hr*80/360).
When the flight landed, the time at the starting place is 12 noon (2 AM + 10 hours).
Hence, the time at the destination place is 12 noon - 5:20 hours = 6: 40 AM

4) A plane moves from 9°N40°E to 9°N40°W. If the plane starts at 10 am and takes 8 hours to reach the destination, find the local arrival time ?
Sol) Since it is moving from east to west longitide we need to add both
ie,40+40=80
multiply the ans by 4
=>80*4=320min
convert this min to hours ie, 5hrs 33min
It takes 8hrs totally . So 8-5hr 30 min=2hr 30min
So the ans is 10am+2hr 30 min
=>ans is 12:30 it will reach

5) The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent? Please tell me the answer with explanation. Very urgent.
Sol) see it doesn't matter that wat the time is being taken to fill the bucket.after reaching program it waits there for 10ms and back to the programmer in 20 ms.then total time to get the response is 20ms +10 ms=30ms...it's so simple....

6) A file is transferred from one location to another in 'buckets'. The size of the bucket is 10 kilobytes. Each bucket gets filled at the rate of 0.0001 kilobytes per millisecond. The transmission time from sender to receiver is 10 milliseconds per bucket. After the receipt of the bucket the receiver sends an acknowledgement that reaches sender in 100 milliseconds. Assuming no error during transmission, write a formula to calculate the time taken in seconds to successfully complete the transfer of a file of size N kilobytes.
(n/1000)*(n/10)*10+(n/100)....as i hv calculated...~~!not 100% sure

7) A fisherman's day is rated as good if he catches 9 fishes, fair if 7 fishes and bad if 5 fishes. He catches 53 fishes in a week n had all good, fair n bad days in the week. So how many good, fair n bad days did the fisher man had in the week
Ans:4 good, 1 fair n 2 bad days
Sol) Go to river catch fish
4*9=36
7*1=7
2*5=10
36+7+10=53...
take what is given 53
good days means --- 9 fishes so 53/9=4(remainder=17) if u assume 5 then there is no chance for bad days.
fair days means ----- 7 fishes so remaining 17 --- 17/7=1(remainder=10) if u assume 2 then there is no chance for bad days.
bad days means -------5 fishes so remaining 10---10/5=2days.
Ans: 4 good, 1 fair, 2bad. ==== total 7 days.

x+y+z=7--------- eq1
9*x+7*y+5*z=53 -------eq2
multiply eq 1 by 9,
9*x+9*y+9*z=35 -------------eq3
from eq2 and eq3
2*y+4*z=10-----eq4
since all x,y and z are integer i sud put a integer value of y such that z sud be integer in eq 4 .....and ther will be two value y=1 or 3 then z = 2 or 1 from eq 4

for first y=1,z=2 then from eq1 x= 4
so 9*4+1*7+2*5=53.... satisfied
now for second y=3 z=1 then from eq1 x=3
so 9*3+3*7+1*5=53 ......satisfied
so finally there are two solution of this question
(x,y,z)=(4,1,2) and (3,3,1)...

8) Y catches 5 times more fishes than X. If total number of fishes caught by X and Y is 42, then number of fishes caught by X?
Sol) Let no. of fish x catches=p
no. caught by y =r
r=5p.
r+p=42
then p=7,r=35

9) Three companies are working independently and receiving the savings 20%, 30%, 40%. If the companies work combinely, what will be their net savings?
suppose total income is 100
so amount x is getting is 80
y is 70
z =60
total=210

but total money is 300
300-210=90
so they are getting 90 rs less
90 is 30% of 300 so they r getting 30% discount

10) The ratio of incomes of C and D is 3:4.the ratio of their expenditures is 4:5. Find the ratio of their savings if the savings of C is one fourths of his income?
Sol) incomes:3:4
expenditures:4:5
3x-4y=1/4(3x)
12x-16y=3x
9x=16y
y=9x/16
(3x-4(9x/16))/((4x-5(9x/16)))
ans:12/19

11) If G(0) = -1 G(1)= 1 and G(N)=G(N-1) - G(N-2) then what is the value of G(6)?
ans: -1
bcoz g(2)=g(1)-g(0)=1+1=2
g(3)=1
g(4)=-1
g(5)=-2
g(6)=-1

12) If A can copy 50 pages in 10 hours and A and B together can copy 70 pages in 10 hours, how much time does B takes to copy 26 pages?
Sol) A can copy 50 pages in 10 hrs.
A can copy 5 pages in 1hr.(50/10)
now A & B can copy 70 pages in 10hrs.
thus, B can copy 90 pages in 10 hrs.[eqn. is (50+x)/2=70, where x--> no. of pages B can copy in 10 hrs.]
so, B can copy 9 pages in 1hr.
therefore, to copy 26 pages B will need almost 3hrs.
since in 3hrs B can copy 27 pages.

13) what's the answer for that :
A, B and C are 8 bit no's. They are as follows:
A -> 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 1
B -> 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
C -> 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 0 ( - =minus, u=union)
Find ((A - C) u B) =?

To find A-C, We will find 2's compliment of C and them add it with A,
That will give us (A-C)
2's compliment of C=1's compliment of C+1
=11000101+1=11000110
A-C=11000101+11000110
=10001001
Now (A-C) U B is .OR. logic operation on (A-C) and B
10001001 .OR . 00110011
The answer is = 10111011,
Whose decimal equivalent is 187.

14) One circular array is given(means memory allocation tales place in circular fashion) diamension(9X7) and sarting add. is 3000, What is the address of (2,3)........
Sol) it's a 9x7 int array so it reqiure a 126 bytes for storing.b'ze integer value need 2 byes of memory allocation. and starting add is 3000
so starting add of 2x3 will be 3012.

15) In a two-dimensional array, X (9, 7), with each element occupying 4 bytes of memory, with the address of the first element X (1, 1) is 3000, find the address of X (8, 5).
Sol) initial x (1,1) = 3000 u hav to find from x(8,1)so u have x(1,1),x(1,2) ... x(7,7) = so u have totally 7 * 7 = 49 elementsu need to find for x(8,5) ? here we have 5 elements each element have 4 bytes : (49 + 5 -1) * 4 = 212 -----( -1 is to deduct the 1 element ) 3000 + 212 = 3212

16) Which of the following is power of 3 a) 2345 b) 9875 c) 6504 d) 9833

17) The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied ?
Sol) M=sqrt(100N)
N is increased by 1%
therefore new value of N=N + (N/100)
=101N/100
M=sqrt(100 * (101N/100) )
Hence, we get M=sqrt(101 * N)

18)
1)SCOOTER --------- AUTOMOBILE--- A. PART OF
2.OXYGEN----------- WATER ------- B. A Type of
3.SHOP STAFF------- FITTERS------ C. NOT A TYPE OF
4. BUG -------------REPTILE------ D. A SUPERSET OF
1)B 2)A 3)D 4)C

19) A bus started from bustand at 8.00a m and after 30 min staying at destination, it returned back to the bustand. the destination is 27 miles from the bustand. the speed of the bus 50 percent fast speed. at what time it returns to the bustand
this is the step by step solution:
a bus cover 27 mile with 18 mph in =27/18= 1 hour 30 min. and it wait at stand =30 min.
after this speed of return increase by 50% so 50%of 18 mph=9mph
Total speed of returnig=18+9=27
Then in return it take 27/27=1 hour
then total time in joureny=1+1:30+00:30 =3 hour
so it will come at 8+3 hour=11 a.m.
So Ans==11 a.m

20) In two dimensional array X(7,9) each element occupies 2 bytes of memory.If the address of first element X(1,1)is 1258 then what will be the address of the element X(5,8) ?
Sol) Here, the address of first element x[1][1] is 1258 and also 2 byte of memory is given. now, we have to solve the address of element x[5][8], therefore, 1258+ 5*8*2 = 1258+80 = 1338 so the answer is 1338.

21) The temperature at Mumbai is given by the function: -t2/6+4t+12 where t is the elapsed time since midnight. What is the percentage rise (or fall) in temperature between 5.00PM and 8.00PM?

22) Low temperature at the night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2 high as higher temperature in a day. Sum of the low temperature and highest temp. is 100 degrees. Then what is the low temp?
Sol) Let highest temp be x
so low temp=1/3 of x of 1/2 of x plus x/2 i.e. x/6+x/2
total temp=x+x/6+x/2=100
therefore, x=60
Lowest temp is 40

23) In Madras, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm. Ans. At 9pm 7.5 more
Sol) In equestion first put t=9,
we will get 34.5...........................(1)
now put t=4,
we will get 27..............................(2)
so ans=34.5-27
=7.5

24) A person had to multiply two numbers. Instead of multiplying by 35, he multiplied by 53 and the product went up by 540. What was the raised product?
a) 780 b) 1040 c) 1590 d) 1720
Sol) x*53-x*35=540=> x=30 therefore, 53*30=1590 Ans

25) How many positive integer solutions does the equation 2x+3y = 100 have?
a) 50 b) 33 c) 16 d) 35
Sol) There is a simple way to answer this kind of Q's given 2x+3y=100, take l.c.m of 'x' coeff and 'y' coeff i.e. l.c.m of 2,3 ==6then divide 100 with 6 , which turns out 16 hence answer is 16short cut formula--- constant / (l.cm of x coeff and y coeff)

26) The total expense of a boarding house are partly fixed and partly variable with the number of boarders. The charge is Rs.70 per head when there are 25 boarders and Rs.60 when there are 50 boarders. Find the charge per head when there are 100 boarders.
a) 65 b) 55 c) 50 d) 45
Sol)
Let a = fixed cost and k = variable cost and n = number of boarders
total cost when 25 boarders c = 25*70 = 1750 i.e. 1750 = a + 25k
total cost when 50 boarders c = 50*60 = 3000 i.e. 3000 = a + 50k
solving above 2 eqns, 3000-1750 = 25k i.e. 1250 = 25k i.e. k = 50
therefore, substituting this value of k in either of above 2 eqns we get
a = 500 (a = 3000-50*50 = 500 or a = 1750 - 25*50 = 500)
so total cost when 100 boarders = c = a + 100k = 500 + 100*50 = 5500
so cost per head = 5500/100 = 55

27) Amal bought 5 pens, 7 pencils and 4 erasers. Rajan bought 6 pens, 8 erasers and 14 pencils for an amount which was half more than what Amal had paid. What % of the total amount paid by Amal was paid for pens?
a) 37.5% b) 62.5% c) 50% d) None of these
Sol)
Let, 5 pens + 7 pencils + 4 erasers = x rupees
so 10 pens + 14 pencils + 8 erasers = 2*x rupees
also mentioned, 6 pens + 14 pencils + 8 erarsers = 1.5*x rupees
so (10-6) = 4 pens = (2-1.5)x rupees
so 4 pens = 0.5x rupees => 8 pens = x rupees
so 5 pens = 5x/8 rupees = 5/8 of total (note x rupees is total amt paid byamal)
i.e 5/8 = 500/8% = 62.5% is the answer

28) I lost Rs.68 in two races. My second race loss is Rs.6 more than the first race. My friend lost Rs.4 more than me in the second race. What is the amount lost by my friend in the second race?
Sol)
x + x+6 = rs 68
2x + 6 = 68
2x = 68-6
2x = 62
x=31
x is the amt lost in I race
x+ 6 = 31+6=37 is lost in second race
then my friend lost 37 + 4 = 41 Rs

29) Ten boxes are there. Each ball weighs 100 gms. One ball is weighing 90 gms. i) If there are 3 balls (n=3) in each box, how many times will it take to find 90 gms ball? ii) Same question with n=10 iii) Same question with n=9
to me the chances are
when n=3
(i) nC1= 3C1 =3 for 10 boxes .. 10*3=30
(ii) 10C1=10 for 10 boxes ....10*10=100
(iii)9C1=9 for 10 boxes .....10*9=90

30) (1-1/6) (1-1/7).... (1- (1/ (n+4))) (1-(1/ (n+5))) = ?
leaving the first numerater and last denominater, all the numerater and denominater will cancelled out one another. Ans. 5/(n+5)

31) A face of the clock is divided into three parts. First part hours total is equal to the sum of the second and third part. What is the total of hours in the bigger part?
Sol) the clock normally has 12 hr
three parts x,y,z
x+y+z=12
x=y+z
2x=12
x=6
so the largest part is 6 hrs

32) With 4/5 full tank vehicle travels 12 miles, with 1/3 full tank how much distance travels
Sol) 4/5 full tank= 12 mile
1 full tank= 12/(4/5)
1/3 full tank= 12/(4/5)*(1/3)= 5 miles

33) wind blows 160 miles in 330min.for 80 miles how much time required
Sol) 160 miles= 330 min
1 mile = 330/160
80 miles=(330*80)/160=165 min.

34) A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10mph.another person was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same if the second person was travelling at a speed of 35 mph. find the speed limit
Sol)
(x+10)=(x+35)/2
solving the eqn we get x=15

35) A sales person multiplied a number and get the answer is 3 instead of that number divided by 3. what is the answer he actually has to get.
Sol) Assume 1
1* 3 = 3
1*1/3=1/3
so he has to got 1/3
this is the exact answer

36) A person who decided to go weekend trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a day average speed of forward journey is 40 mph due to traffic in Sundays the return journey average speed is 30 mph. How far he can select a picnic spot.

37) Low temperature at the night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2 hinge as higher temperature in a day. Sum of the low temp and high temp is 100 c. then what is the low temp.
ans is 40 c.
Sol) let x be the highest temp. then,
x+x/2+x/6=100.
therefore, x=60 which is the highest temp
and 100-x=40 which is the lowest temp.

38) car is filled with four and half gallons of oil for full round trip. Fuel is taken 1/4 gallons more in going than coming. What is the fuel consumed in coming up.
Sol) let feul consumed in coming up is x. thus equation is: x+1.25x=4.5ans:2gallons

39) A work is done by the people in 24 min. One of them can do this work alone in 40 min. How much time required to do the same work for the second person
Sol) Two people work together in 24 mins.
So, their one day work is
(1/A)+(1+B)=(1/24)
One man can complete the work in 40mins
one man's one day work (1/B)= (1/40)
Now,
(1/A)=(1/24)-(1/40)
(1/A)=(1/60)
So, A can complete the work in 60 mins.

40) In a company 30% are supervisors and 40% employees are male if 60% of supervisors are male. What is the probability? That a randomly chosen employee is a male or female?
Sol) 40% employees are male if 60% of supervisors are male so for 100% is 26.4%so the probability is 0.264
18th May 2015, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

I am doing preparation for the TCS placement exam? So I am searching for the TCS placement papers? Can you please tell me from where I can get the TCS placement papers?
18th May 2015, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

You are asking for the TCS placement papers. Here I am uploading a file that contains the TCS placement papers. You can download this from here. Here I am also providing you some content of the file. This is as follows:

1. In how many ways a team of 11 must be selected from 5 men and 11 women such that the team must comprise of not more than 3 men?
a. 1565
b. 1243
c. 2256
d. 2456
Ans: C

2. Given that 0 < a < b < c < d, which of the following the largest ?
a.(c+d) / (a+b)
b.(a+d) / (b+c)
c.(b+c) / (a+d)
d.(b+d) / (a+c)
Sol: A
Explanation: Take a = 1, b = 2, c = 3, d = 4. option A is clearly true.

3. Eesha bought 18 sharpeners for Rs.100. She paid 1 rupee more for each white sharpener than for each brown sharpener. What is the price of a white sharpener and how many white sharpener did she buy ?
a. Rs.5, 10
b. Rs.6, 10
c. Rs.5, 8
d. Rs.6, 8
Sol: B
Explanation: Just check the options. If she bought 10 white sharpeners at Rs.6 per piece, She has spent Rs.60 already. And with the remaining Rs.40, she bought 8 brown sharpeners at 40/8 = Rs.5 which is Rs.1 less than White sharpener.

4. The fourteen digits of a credit card are to be written in the boxes shown above. If the sum of every three consecutive digits is 18, then the value of x is :
a. 3
b. cannot be determined from the given information.
c. 2
d. 1
Sol : A
Explanation:
Let us assume right most two squares are a , b
Then Sum of all the squares = 18 x 4 + a + b .......... (1)
Also Sum of the squares before 7 = 18
Sum of the squares between 7, x = 18
and sum of the squares between x , 8 = 18
So Sum of the 14 squares = 18 + 7 + 18 + x + 18 + 8 + a + b (2)
Equating 1 and 2 we get x = 3

5. Four people each roll a four die once. Find the probability that at least two people will roll the same number ?
a. 5/18
b. 13/18
c. None of the given choices
d. 1295/1296
Sol: B

6. Jake can dig a well in 16 days. Paul can dig the same well in 24 days. Jake, Paul and Hari together dig the well in 8 days. Hari alone can dig the well in
a. 96 days
b. 48 days
c. 32 days
d. 24 days
Sol:
Explanation: Simple one. Let the total work to be done is 48 meters. Now Jake can dig 3 mts, Paul can dig 2 mts a day. Now all of them combined dug in 8 days so per day they dug 48/8 = 6 mts. So Of these 8 mts, Hari capacity is 1 mt.
So he takes 48 /1 = 48 days to complete the digging job.

7. Eesha bought 18 sharpeners for Rs.100. She paid 1 rupee more for each white sharpener than for each brown sharpener. What is the price of a white sharpener and how many white sharpener did she buy ?
a. Rs.5, 10
b. Rs.6, 10
c. Rs.5, 8
d. Rs.6, 8
Ans:
Explanation: This question can be solved easily by going through options.
A. White sharpener total cost: Rs.5 x 10 = Rs.50. Brown sharpeners cost = Rs.4 x 8 = 32. Total cost is only Rs.82. Wrong option.
B. White sharpener total cost: Rs.6 x 10 = Rs.60. Brown sharpeners cost = Rs.5 x 8 = 40. Total cost is Rs.100. Correct option.

8. The sum of the digits of a three digit number is 17, and the sum of the squares of its digits is 109. If we subtract 495 from the number, we shall get a number consisting of the same digits written in the reverse order. Find the number.
a. 773
b. 683
c. 944
d. 863
Ans: D
Explanation: Check options. Sum of the squares should be equal to 109. Only Options B and D satisfying. When we subtract 495, only 863 becomes 368.

9. Mark told John "If you give me half your money I will have Rs.75. John said, "if you give me one third of your money, I will have Rs.75/- How much money did John have ?
a. 45
b. 60
c. 48
d. 37.5
Ans: B
Explanation: Let the money with Mark and John are M and J respectively.
Now
M + J/2 = 75
M/3 + J = 75
Solving we get M = 45, and J = 60.

TCS placement papers

1. Two bowls are taken, one contains water and another contains tea.one spoon of
water is added to second bowl and mixed well, and a spoon of mixture is taken
from second bowl and added to the second bowl. Which statement will hold good
for the above?
(Ans: second liquid in first bowl is smaller than the first mixture in second bowl)
2. Which is the smallest no divides 2880 and gives a perfect square?
a.1 b.2 c.5 d.6
Ans: c
3. Form 8 digit numbers from by using 1, 2,3,4,5 with repetition is allowed and
must be divisible by4?
a.31250 b.97656 c.78125 d.97657
Ans: c
4. One problem on (a3-b3)/(a2+ab+b2)
Ans: ‘a-b’
5. Rearrange and categorize the word ‘RAPETEKA’?
Ans: bird
6. In school there are some bicycles and 4wheeler wagons.one Tuesday there are
190 wheels in the campus. How many bicycles are there?
Ans: 15
7. Key words in question (Fibonacci series, infinite series, in the middle of the
question one number series is there….I got the series 3 12 7 26b 15?
Ans:54
(Logic: 3*2+1=7 12*2+2=26
7*2+1=15 26*2+2=54)
8. A father has 7 penny’s with him and 1 water melon is for 1p, 2chickoos for 1p, 3
grapes foe 1p.he has three sons. How can he share the fruits equally?
Ans: 1 watermelon,2chickoos,1grape
9. A lies on mon, tues, wed and speak truths on other days, B lies on thur, fri, sat
and speaks truths on other days.. one day a said I lied today and B said I too lied
today. What is the day?
10. Man, Bear, North, South, walks.
Ans: White
11. (1/2) of a number is 3 times more than the (1/6) of the same number?
Ans: 9
12. There are two pipes A and B. If A filled 10 liters in hour B can fills 20 liters in
same time. Likewise B can fill 10, 20, 40, 80,160….if B filled in (1/16) th of a tank
in 3 hours, how much time will it take to fill completely?
Ans:7 hours
13. KEYWORDS:T.Nagar,Chennai,1-100,prime numbers b/n 140-180,How many 2’s
are there?
Ans: 20 (Not only 2’s ,1’s,3’s,4’s,5’s,6’s,7’s,8’s,9’s,0 ’s also 20)
14. One question has last part like difference between two terms is 9 and product
of two numbers is 14, what is the squares of sum of numbers?
Ans:109
15. A man is standing before a painting of a man and he says I have no bro and sis
and his father is my father’s son?
Ans: His son
16. What is the value of [(3x+8Y)/(x-2Y)]; if x/2y=2?
Ans:10 {the numerical may change)
17. A pizza shop made pizzas
with to flavours.in home there are ‘N’ different flavors, in that ‘M’ flavors are
taken to made pizza.in how many ways they can arrange?
(Logic: NcM )
18. One grandfather has three grandchildren, two of their age difference is 3,
eldest child age is 3 times youngest child’s age and eldest child’s age is two times
of sum of other two children. What is the age of eldest child?
Ans:15
19. In a market 4 man are standing .the average age of the four before 4years is
45,aftyer some days one man is added and his age is 49.what is the
average weight of all?
Ans: 49
20. KEYWORDS: one organization ,material labor and maintenance are in the ratio
of 4:6:7,the material cost is:100,what is the total cost?
Ans: 425
21. KEYWORDS: density, reluctance, sensitivity, voltage ,current, what is the
resistance Formula is “R=V/I”
22. KEYWORDS: Sports readers,10 tables,4chairs per table, each table has
differentnumber of people then how many tables will left without at least one
person?
Ans : 6
23. KEYWORDS: Die, card, coin, b/n 2 to 12
Ans: All are equal
24. In a school for a student out of a 100 he got 74 of average for 7 subjects and
he got 79 marks in 8th subject. what is the average of all the subjects?
Ans: 74.625
25. In a question ,last part has ,the ages of two people has the ratio of 6:6 and by
adding the numbers we get 44,after how many years the ratio would be 8:7?
Ans: 8
26. Two years before Paul’s age is 2times the Alice age and the present age of
Paul is 6times the Alice. what is the presents Paul’s age???( 3years) “u try to solve
this question once”
27. One train travels 200m from A to B with 70 km/ph. and returns to A with
80kmph, what is the average of their speed?
This are the only question which i remember
All The Very Best to my dear friends !

Tags
placement, placement papers

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in