2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th November 2014, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Tax Assistant Skill Test type of Paragraph

Tax Assistant (Income Tax & Central Excise Depts) Examination examination will be conducted in two parts:

A. Part I Written Examination: 300 marks
B. Part II Skill Test

A. Part I: Written Examination

The Examination will consist of two Papers I and II. Paper I will be Objective Type Multiple Choice whereas Paper II will be of Conventional Type.

Part A – General English
100 Marks
Part B – General Awareness
100 Marks
BOTH PARTS EXAM DURATION 2

Arithmetic
100Marks
2 Hours

B. Part II: SKILL TEST
Data Entry Speed of 8000 Key Depressions per hour (appropriate to the text) on computer.

This Data Entry Speed/Skill Test would be of qualifying nature.
Candidates allowed to take this test will have to qualify the test at the given speed on Computer, to be provided by the Commission or agency authorized by the Commission to conduct such skill test at the Centre/venue so notified.

The Skill Test will be conducted by an agency duly authorized by the Commission for the purpose, under the supervision and control of Commission.

Only those candidates who secure in the written exam the minimum marks will only be eligible to appear in the SKILL TEST.

Syllabus:

Paper I (Objective Type)

Part A: English Language:

Questions in this component will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on error recognition, fill in the blanks (using verbs, preposition,
articles etc), vocabulary, spellings, Grammar, sentence-structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, sentence completion, phrases and idiomatic use of words, etc.
There will be a question on passages and
comprehension of passages also.

Part B: General Awareness:

Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.

Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Geography, Economic, General policy, Scientific Research etc.

These Questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.

Paper II (Conventional):
Arithmetic:
This part will include questions on problems relating to number systems, Computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions, relationships between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentages, ratio and proportions, averages, interest, profit & loss, discount, use of tables and graphs, mensuration, time & distance, ratio and time etc.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in