2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th May 2018, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Re: Tamil Nadu Open University Qualification

Can you tell me about the academic qualification required for admission in B.A (Bachelor of Arts) History program offered by School of History and Tourism Studies (SOHTS) of TNOU (Tamil Nadu Open University)?
18th May 2018, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Tamil Nadu Open University Qualification

The School of History and Tourism Studies (SOHTS) of TNOU (Tamil Nadu Open University) was established with the approval of the Academic Council and the Syndicate of the University in 2011.

The prime function of the School is to undertaken academic programmes, History and Tourism Studies to inculcate the core values of tradition and modern Indian Culture and Heritage.

B.A (Bachelor of Arts) History

Eligibility
10th +2 (HSC) / Equivalent / PUC / TNOU BPP /10th + 3 Years Diploma /11th +2 Years TTC /10th +2 Years ITI

Fee
6,600/- (For Three Years)

Duration
3 Years

Syllabus
BHI 11 HISTORY OF INDIA UPTO 1206 A.D.

BLOCK I

Sources of Ancient Indian History the effects of geography on Indian History, Unity in Diversity - Indus Valley Civilization Pre - Mauryan India: Political life - Kingship -Republics and Oligarchies and Rise of Magadha - Sisunagas and Nandas - Invasion of Alexander - Social life - Origin and Development of the Caste system - Position of Women Religion in Ancient India - Vedic Religion - Jainism and Buddhism

BLOCK II
The Mauryas: Rise and consolidation of the Empire - Asoka and spread of Buddhism The Mauryan Administration North India from 185 B.C to 300 A.D. The Sungas and the Kanvas - Kanishka - Mahayanism - Gandara Art

BLOCK III
The Age of the Guptas: Rise and consolidation of the Empire - Administration, Social and Economic life - Arts - Decline of the Guptas - Harshavardhana: Administration - Social and Religious life under Harsha

BLOCK IV
History of Deccan: The Satavahanas - The Chalukyas of Vatapi - The Rashtrakutas.

BLOCK V
Northern India after Harsha: The Rajput Age - Political and Social conditions - Arab conquest of Sind - Mohamed of Ghazni and Mohamed of Ghor

Books Recommended
1. Sathianatha Iyer R - Political and Cultural History of India Volumes I & III
2. Majumdar, R.C. and Others - Advanced History of India
3. Thaper, R - History of India Vol. - I
4. Smith V. A - New Oxford History of India (Revised Edition)Spear T.G.P.
5. Nilakanta Sastri K. A - History of India
6. Krishnamurthy, V. M - Indian History
7. Ishwari Prashad - Short History of Muslim Rule in India
8. Venkataraman T. K - Manual of Indian History
9. Percival Spear - A History of India
10. Stanley Olpert - New History of India
Attached Files
File Type: pdf B.A History Syllabus Tamil Nadu Open University.pdf (175.6 KB, 302 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in