2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th March 2016, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Syllabus for IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam

The Bachelor of Education (B. Ed) Programme of IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) is meant for in service teachers. It enables in service teachers to select and organize learning experiences according to the requirement of learners. This program is recognized by NCVT (National Council for Vocational Training)

Eligibility for IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Test:

a) Candidates with minimum 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent there to, are eligible for admission to the programme and

b) The following categories are eligible to be the students of B.Ed. (ODL):

(i) Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
Or
(ii) Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
(iii) The reservation and relaxation in marks for SC/ST/OBC (Non creamy layer)/PWD and other categories is as per the rules of the Central Government/State Government, whichever is applicable.

There is a relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC/ST and other categories of candidates, if any, as per Govt of India Rules.

The candidate should submit their application form only at the nearby Regional Centre.

Masters’ Degree awarded without a first degree is not accepted for purpose of Academic Studies in IGNOU.

Syllabus for IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam

Part Section Topic Number of Questions
(1 Mark Each)
A I General English Comprehension OR 10
General Hindi Comprehension

II Logical & Analytical Reasoning 20

III Educational & General Awareness 25

IV Teaching-Learning & the School 25

B V Section V (Attempt any one of the following) 20
i) Science
ii) Mathematics
iii) Social Studies