2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th June 2018, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Re: Syllabus For Assistant Engineer KSEB

I want the syllabus of Kerala Public Service Commission KSEB Assistant Engineer Exam so will you provide me?
8th June 2018, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Syllabus For Assistant Engineer KSEB

I am providing you the syllabus of Kerala Public Service Commission KSEB Assistant Engineer Exam

KSEB Assistant Engineer Exam syllabus

Maximum Marks : 100

Medium of Questions: English

Module I

Electric circuits : Network graph. K C L , KVL, node and mesh an al ys i s , t ransient response of dc and ac networks; sinusoidal steady state an al ys i s , resonance, basic filter concept; ideal current and voltage sources, Thevenin's, Norton's, superposition and Maximum power transfer theorems, two port network, three phase circuits:
Electromagnetics: Gauss Theorem, electric field and p o t en t i al due to point, line, plane and spherical charge distribution; Ampere's and Bio t-Savar t 's l a w ; inductance; dielectrics; capacitance.
Signals and systems: Representation of continuous and discrete time sign als; s h i f t i n g and scaling operation; liner time invariant and causal systems: Fourier, Laplace and Z transforms.
Instrumentation: Insulation megger, earth megger, Kelvin's Double br idge, Quadrent electrometer, Rotating sub standard, TOD meter.

Module II

Electrical Machines: S ingle phase transformer - e q u i v a l e n t ci rcu it, phas or diagram, tests, regulation and efficiency; three phase trans formers - connections, parallel operation; auto-transformer; energy conversion principles; DC machines - types, windings, generator characteristics, armature reaction and commutation, starting and speed control of motors; three phase i n d u c t i o n motors - principles, types, perform ance characteristics, starting and speed control: single phase induction motors; synchronous machines - performance, regulation and parallel operation of generators, motor starting, c haracteristics and applications; servo and stepper motors.
Electrical Machine Design: Design of transformers - s i n gl e phase and three pha se transformers - distribution and power transformers - output equation - core design - window area - window space factor - overall dimensions of core. Windings - no. of turns - current density) - conductor section - Design of DC machine s: output equation - specific loading - choice of speed and no of poles - calculation of ma in dimensions - choice of type of winding - number of slots - number of conductors per slot - l ength of air gap - design of field w i n d i n g - conductor cross s ectio n - design of interpole - flu x density under interpole - calculation of turns of interpole w i n d i n g design of compensating winding. Design of synchronous machines: specific loading - output equation - main dimensions - types of winding - number of turns - number of slots and slot design - field design for water wheel and turbo alternators - cooling of alternators. Design of three phase induction motors: main dimens ions - stator design - squirrel cage and slip ring types - number of stator and rotor slots - rotor bar current - design of rotor bar - end ring current -design of end ring - design of s l i p r in g rotor wi n d i n g.

Module III

Power Systems: Basic power generation concepts; transmission l i n e models and performance; cable performance, insulation; corona and radio interference; distribution systems; per-unit quantities; bus impedance and adm ittance matrices; load flow; voltage control; power factor correction; economic operatio n; symmetrical components; fault analysis; p r i n ci p l es of over-current, differential and distan ce protection; solid state rel a ys and d i g i t a l protection; c i r c u i t breakers; system st abil it y concepts, swing curves and equal area criterion; HDVC t r an s m i s s i o n .

Control Systems: Principles of feedback; transfer function; block di agrams; steady-state errors; Routh and Niquist techniques; Bode plots; r oot loci; lag, lead and lead-lag compensation; state space model; state transition m atrix, controllability and observability.
Electrical and Electronic Measurements: Bridges and potentiometers; PMMC, moving iron, dynamometer and i n d u c t i o n t y p e instruments; measure ment of v o l t ag e , current, power, energy and power factor; instrument transformers; d igital voltmeters and multimeters; phase, time and frequency measurement; Q-meters; oscillosc opes; potentiometric recorders; error anal ysis.

Module IV: A

Analog and Digital Electronics: Characteristics of diodes. BJT, MOSFET, amplifiers biasing, equivalent circuit and frequency response; oscillators and feedback amplifiers; operational amplifiers - characteristics and applic ations; simple act i v e filters: VCOs and timers; combinational and sequential logic circuits ; multiplexer; Schmitt trigger; multi- vibrators; sample and hold circuits; A/D and D/A co nverters; 8-bit microprocessor basics, architecture, programming and interfacing.
Power Electronics and Drives: Semiconductor power diodes, transistors, thyristors , triacs, GTOs, MOSFETs and IGBTs - static characteristics an d prin cip les of operation; triggering circuits; phase control rectifiers; bridge converte rs - fully controlled and h a l f controlled; p r i n ci p l es of choppers and inverters; basis concept s of adjustable speed dc and ac drives

Module IV: B

Electrical system Design: Medium and HV installations - selection of cables a nd cable glands, guidelines for cable installation, Installa tion of induction motors, Design of distribution systems with light power and motor loads, Selection and i n s t al l at i o n of transformers, switchgears and protective devices - Design of indo or and outdoor 11 KV substation upto 630 KVA - Design of earthing s ystem - Pipe, plate and m at earthing - l i g h t n i n g arresters. Metering and protection. HT and LT breaker control panels. Selection of standby generator - installation and its protection. Pre-commissioning tests of cables, transformers and generators.

Module V (a) Renaissance in Kerala

TOWARDS A NEW SOCIETY

Introduction to English education - various mission ary organisations and their
functioning- founding of educational institutions, factories, pr inting press etc.

EFFORTS TO REFORM THE SOCIETY

(A) Socio-Religious reform Movements
SNDP Yogam, Nair Service Society, Yogakshema Sabha, Sadhu Jana Paripalana Sangham, Vaala Samudaya Parishkarani Sabha, Samathwa Samajam, Isla m Dharma Paripalana Sangham, Prathyaksha Raksha Daiva Sabha, Sahodara Prasthanam etc.
(B) Struggles and Social Revolts
Upper cloth revolts.Channar agitation, Vaikom Sathy agraha, Guruvayoor Sathyagraha, Paliyam Sathyagraha. Kuttamkulam Sathyagraha, Temple Entry Proclamation, Temple Entry Act .Malyalee Memorial, Ezhava Memorial etc. Malabar riots, Civil Disobedience Movement, Abstent ion movement etc.

ROLE OF PRESS IN RENAISSANCE

Malayalee, Swadeshabhimani, Vivekodayam, Mithavadi, Swaraj, Malayala Manorama, Bhashaposhini, Mathnubhoomi, Kerala Kaumudi, Samada rsi, Kesari, AI-Ameen, Prabhatham, Yukthivadi, etc

AWAKENING THROUGH LITERATURE

Novel, Drama, Poetry, Purogamana Sahithya Prasthanam, Nataka Prashtanam, Library movement etc

WOMEN AND SOCIAL CHANGE

Parvathi Nenmenimangalam, Arya Pallam, A V Kuttimal u Amma, Lalitha Prabhu.Akkamma Cheriyan, Anna Chandi, Lalithambika Antharjanam and others
LEADERS OF RENAISSANCE
Thycaud Ayya Vaikundar, Sree Narayana Guru, Ayyan K ali.Chattampi Swamikal, Brahmananda Sivayogi, Vagbhadananda, Poikayil Yohannan(Kumara G uru) Dr Palpu, Palakkunnath Abraham Malpan, Mampuram Thangal, Sahodaran Ayyappan, Pandi t K P Karuppan, Pampadi John Joseph, Mannathu Padmanabhan, V T Bhattathirippad, Vakkom A bdul Khadar Maulavi, Makthi Thangal, Blessed Elias Kuriakose Chaavra, Barrister G P Pill ai, TK Madhavan, Moorkoth Kumaran, C. Krishnan, K P Kesava Menon, Dr.Ayyathan Gopalan, C V Kunjuraman, Kuroor Neelakantan Namboothiripad, Velukkutty Arayan, K P Vellon, P K Chathan Master, K Kelappan, P. Krishna Pillai, A K Gopalan, T R Krishnaswami Iyer, C Kesav an. Swami Ananda Theerthan , M C Joseph, Kuttippuzha Krishnapillai and others

LITERARY FIGURES

Kodungallur Kunhikkuttan Thampuran, KeralaVarma Val iyakoyi Thampuran, Kandathil Varghesc Mappila. Kumaran Asan, Vallathol Narayana Menon, Ul loor S Parameswara Iyer, G Sankara Kurup, Changampuzha Krishna Pillai, Chandu Menon, V aikom Muhammad Basheer. Kesav Dev, Thakazhi Sivasankara Pillai, Ponkunnam Varky, S K P ottakkad and others
Module V (b) General Knowledge and Current Affairs
General Knowledge and Current Affairs

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in