2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th March 2016, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SSC Pune Board Question Papers PDF

As per your demand here I am providing you Question Paper of English for Board Exam SSC Maharashtra State Board

Q1. Read the following extract carefully and answer the questions given below.
One summer evening as I was fixing supper, there was a knock at the door. I opened it to see an awful Yet his voice was pleasant as he said, “Good evening. I’ve come to see if you’ve a room for just one night. When I had finished the dishes, I went out on the porch to talk with him a few minutes. It didn’t take a long He wasn’t complaining; in fact, every other sentence was prefaced with thanks to God for a blessing. He looking man. I stared at the stooped, shriveled body. His face, lopsided from swelling, was red and raw.I came for a treatment this morning from the eastern shore, and there’s no bus till morning.” He told me he’d been hunting for a room since noon but with no success. “I guess it’s my face …… I know it looks terrible, but my doctor says with a few more treatments…” For a moment I hesitated, but his next words convinced me. “I could sleep in this rocking chair on the porch. My bus leaves early in the morning.” time to see that this old man had an oversized heart crowded into the tiny body. He told me he fished for a living to support his daughter, her five children, and her husband, who was hopelessly crippled from a back injury.was grateful that no pain accompanied his disease which was, apparently a form of skin cancer. He thanked God for giving his the strength to keep going.

1. What disease was the old man suffering from?
The old man was suffering from a form of skin cancer.

2. Why was it difficult for the old man to find a room?
It was difficult for the old man to find a room because people did not like the look of his face. It was lopsided from swelling. It was also red and raw.

3.How did the old man earn his livelihood?
The old man fished for his livelihood.

4. Why do you think the old man was grateful to God?
The old man was grateful that no pain accompanied the disease from which he was suffering. He was actually suffering from skin cancer that had made his face raw, red and lopsided due to swelling. The man thanked God for giving him the strength to go on with life.

Question Paper of English for Board Exam SSC Maharashtra State Board

For complete paper here I am attaching a file:

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in