2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th November 2014, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Re: ICSE Board Question papers

You are looking for ICSE Board 10TH class exam model Question papers, I am giving here:

Question 1
(a) [4]
i. A body P has a mass of 20 kg and is moving with a velocity of 5 m/s. Another body Q has a mass of 5 kg and is moving with a velocity of 20 m/s. Calculate:
(1) The ratio of the momentum of P and Q.
(2) The kinetic energy of P in S.I. units.
ii. Why is the mechanical advantage of a lever of the third order is always less than l? Give one example of this class of lever.

(b) [4]
i. Will a body weigh more in air or in vacuum when weighed with a spring balance? Give a reason for your answer.
ii. A test tube loaded with lead-shots floats to the mark X in water. The test tube alongwith lead shots weighs 25 g. When the test tube is floated in brine, 5g of lead shots were added to make it float upto level X. Find the relative density
of brine.

(c) [4]
i. It takes a much longer time to boil off (change to steam) a certain quantity of water, rather than to bring it to its boiling point from room temperature, say 25°C. Explain the reason for this.
ii. A hot solid of mass 60 g at 100°C. Is placed in 100g of water at 18°C. The final steady temperature recorded is 20°C. Find the specific heat capacity of the solid.

(d) [4]
i. The diagram shows a point source of light S, a convex lens L and a plane mirror M. These are placed such that rays of light, from S return to it after reflection from M.
1. What is the distance OS called?
2. To which point (left of S, on S, or right of S) will the rays return, if M is moved to the left and brought in contact with L?
ii. Fill in the blanks to complete the following sentences:
1. A piece of red-cloth appears red in white light because it ........... blue and green and ......... only red.
2. Blue + ........., = cyan. Green + Magenta = ..........

(e) [4]
i. Where does the far point of a normal eye lie? Where does it lie in a person suffering from myopia?
ii. Draw a ray diagram to show how the defect of myopia can be remedied by f using a suitable lens.

(f) [4]
i. Two friends were playing on their identical guitars whose strings were adjusted to give notes of the same pitch. Will the quality of the two notes be the same? Give a reason for your answer.
ii. Give the relation wavelength, time-period and wave-velocity of a wave motion.

(g) [4]
i. Name the material used for making a fuse wire. State two properties of the material of fuse-wire which make it suitable for use.
ii. Calculate the electrical energy in SI units consumed by a 100 W bulb and a 60 W fan connected in parallel for 5 minutes.

(h) [4]
i. State two characteristics of a primary coil of a step-up transformer when compared to the secondary coil.
ii. With about a D.C. motor, state: 1. The energy change that takes place. 2 . The principle on which it operates.

(i) [4]
i. What is a 'photoelectric effect'? On what property of incident radiation does it depend to obtain photoelectric current?
ii. A radioactive element
A
Z X
first emits a β-particle and then an α-particle and the resulting nucleus can be
represented by
P
Q Y
What are the values of P and Q in terms of A and Z?

(j) [4]
i. What is nuclear fusion? Name the particle which causes nuclear fission of U-235.
ii. State what is meant by: 1. Black holes. 2. The milky way.

SECTION II (40 marks)
Attempt any four questions from this Section.

Question 2
(a) In the diagram of a stationary wheel barrow, the centre of gravity is at A. The wheel and the leg are in contact with the ground. The horizontal distance between A and F is 50 cm and that between B and F is 150 cm.
i. What is the direction of the force acting at A? Name the force. [2]
ii. What is the direction of the minimum force at B to keep the leg off the ground? What is this force called? [2]
iii. The weight of the wheel barrow is 15 kgf and it holds sand of weight 60 kgf
Calculate the minimum force required to keep the leg off the ground. [3]

(b) An engine can pump 30,000 litres of water to a vertical height of 45 metres in 10 minutes (g = 9•8 m/s2). Calculate the work done by the machine and its power [density of water = 103 kg/m3, 1000 litres = 1m3]. [3]

Question 3
(a) [4]
i. Draw a labelled diagram of the apparatus you would use to determine the specdic latent heat of vaporisation of steam by the method of mixtures.
ii. State two precautions you would take, while performing the experiment with the apparatus.
(b) Calculate the mass of steam at 100°C that must be passed into 8.4 kg. of water at 30°C to raise the temperature of water to 80°C. [Sp. heat capacity of water Q = 4.2 J/g°C, Sp. latent heat of vaporisation of steam = 2268 J/g.] [4]
(c) Why do the surroundings become pleasantly warm when freezing starts in cold
countries? [2]

Question 4 [4]
(a) Draw a ray diagram to illustrate the action of a convergent lens as a reading lens or a magnifying glass.
(b) A prism deviates a monochromatic ray of light through an angle 'δ' when the angle of incidence at the surface of the prism is 'i'.
i. Draw a graph showing the variation of 'δ' with 'i'. On Your graph show the angle of minimum deviation. [2]
ii. What is the relation between the angle of incidence and the angle of emergence when the ray suffers minimum deviation. [1]
(c)
i. Two isosceles right-angled prisms are arranged as shown in the figure. Copy the diagram and complete the path of the ray AB along which it passes through the prisms and comes out. [1]
ii. Name the phenomenon being displayed by the path of the ray in the diagram. [2]

Question 5
(a) The rear view mirror of a motor bike starts vibrating violently at some particular speed of the motor bike. [4]
i. Why does this happen?
ii. What is the name of the phenomenon taking place?
iii. What could be done to stop the violent vibrations?
(b) A sound wave of wavelength 0.332 m has a time period of 10-3 s. If the time period is decreased to 10-4 s; calculate the wavelength and frequency of the new wave. [3]

(c) [3]
i. Define the terms: Amplitude and frequency for sound waves.
ii. Name the subjective property of sound related to its frequency and of light related to its wavelength.

Question 6
(a) [3]
i. Under what circumstances does one get an electric shock from an electric gadget?
ii. What is meant by earthing of an electrical appliance? How does earthing offer protection?
(b) In the figure shown calculate: [5]
i. The value of the combined resitances of 40 ohm and R, using the readings of the two meters.
ii. The value of R.
iii. The current flowing through R.
(c) State how a galvanometer can be converted to? [2]
i. A voltmeter.
ii. An ammeter.

Question 7
(a)
i. What is a diode? Why is a diode called a valve? [2]
ii. Draw a circuit diagram to show a diode used for half wave rectification. [2]
(b) [3]
i. What is radioactivity?
ii. A radioactive substance is oxidized. What change would you expect to take place in the nature of its radioactivity? Give a reason for your answer.

(c) [3]
i. What are beta rays and gamma rays?
ii. Explain briefly what change takes place within the nuclei, when beta particles are emitted from a radioactive substance?
20th May 2015, 08:49 AM
Unregistered

Here I am searching for the ICSE Board Class 10th History Question paper can you please provide me this?
20th May 2015, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Ok, as per your request here I am sharing the ICSE Board Class 10th History previous year Question paper

Question l
(a) Who is the ex-officio chairperson of the Rajya Sabha? [1]
(b) An adult Indian citizen holding an office of profit under the State Government wishes to
contest for election to the Lok Sabha. Is he/she eligible? Give a reason to justify your answer. [1]
(c) Who is the presiding officer of the Vidhan Sabha? [1]
(d) Name the Bill that cannot originate in the Rajya Sabha. [1]
(e) When and how can the President of India be removed from office? [1]
(f) What is the term of office of the Prime Minister? [1]
(g) Mention one discretionary power of the Governor of`a State. [1]
(h) State one difference in the election of the Legislative Council and Legislative Assembly. [1]
(i) What is meant by Lok Adalat? [1]
(j) Which body has the final authority to interpret the Constitution of India? [1]
Question 2
Mention any two social reforms suggested to the British by Raja Ram Mohan Roy. [2]
(b) State two factors responsible tor the growth of Nationalism in India. [2]
(c) Explain the term Doctrine of Lapse. [2]
(d) Mention any two objectives for the formation of the Indian National Congress in 1885. [2]
(d) Mention two contributions of Dadabhai Naoroji to the National Movement. [2]
(f) What were the two proposals for the Princely States in the Mountbatten Plan of 1947? [2]
(g) How did the Sarajero crisis in l9l4 lead to the First World War? [2]
(h) Name the countries that formed the Allied Powers. [2]
(i) Why did America drop the atom bomb on the cities of`Hiroshima and Nagasaki? [2]
(j) State any two specific instances of human rights violations according to the Universal
Declaration of Human Rights. [2]
PART II (50 Marks)
SECTION A
Attempt any two questions from this Section.
Question 3
In the context of the Union Parliament, answer the following questions:-
(a) Describe the financial powers of the Union Parliament. [3]
(b) Mention three instances when the Parliament can make laws on the subjects entered in the
State list. [3]
(c) Explain the powers of the Union Parliament in respect of matters in the Union list and
Concurrent List. [4]
Question 4
The Constitution provides that there should be a Council of Ministers in a State with the Chief
Minister as the head. In this context, answer the following questions:-
(a) Mention the three categories of ministers. How do they differ from each other? [3]
(b) How is the Council of Ministers collectively responsible to the Legislative Assembly? What
procedure is followed when a State government is defeated in a no – confidence motion? [3]
(c) Mention any four functions of the Chief Minister in relation to the Council of Ministers. [4]
Question 5
With reference to the Judiciary:-
(a) Explain the composition of a High Court. State the qualifications required to become a judge
in the High Court. [3]
(b) State the term of office of the Judges of the High Court. Explain when and how the Judges
can be removed from office. [3]
(c) Name the three types of courts at the district level. Explain the different categories of cases
that fall under the jurisdiction of each. [4]
SECTION B
Attempt any three questions from this Section.
Question 6
To some extent Lord Curzon was responsible for the transformation of the anti – partition
agitation into a mass movement. In this context, answer the following questions:-
(a) What was Lord Curzon’s argument in favour of the partition of Bengal? How did the
Nationalists interpret Lord Curzon’s motives? [3]
(b) How did the people express their unhappiness against this decision of the British? [3]
(c) Explain the terms Swadeshi and Boycott in the context of the national movement in India. [4]
Question 7
(a) Identify the two male personalities in the picture given below. Mention four ideological tenets
of the Indian leader. [3]
(b) Explain the reason behind the launching of the Khilafat Movement in India. Why were the
Khilafat and Non – cooperation Movements merged in l920? [3]
(c) Why was the Non – cooperation Movement withdrawn? How did this decision lead to the
formation of the Swaraj Party? [4]
Question 8
The attempt of the British to pacify the Congress and the Muslim League was clearly visible in the
Cabinet Mission proposals, but in reality neither could be pleased. With reference to this, explain:-
(a) Any three proposals of the Cabinet Mission. [3]
(b) The reasons for the Muslim League’s acceptance and later rejection of the Cabinet Mission
Plan. [3]
(c) The reactions of the Congress to the Cabinet Mission Plan. [4]
Question 9
In the post World War I scenario, Italy and Germany experienced the rise of dictatorships. In this
context explain:-
(a) Any three circumstances that led to the rise of Fascism in Italy. [3]
(b) Any three domestic policies of Hitler. [3]
(c) How the foreign policies of Hitler were responsible for the outbreak of World War II. [4]
Question 10
The world has seen the damages caused by the two World Wars. The aim of the United Nations
Organization is to save the succeeding generations from the scourge of another war. With
reference to this:-
(a) Explain any three functions of the General Assembly. [3]
(b) Mention three important functions of the UNESCO. [3]
(c) Discuss the role of the Security Council in maintaining world peace. [4]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in