2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd November 2015, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

SLIET Syllabus

My friend said me to download syllabus of UG Program of Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET). But I don’t know from where I can get it. So can you pls provide syllabus of UG Program of Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET)?
Similar Threads
Thread
SLIET LEET Syllabus
SLIET Entrance Exam Syllabus
Sliet icd
Syllabus For Sliet Entrance Test
Syllabus SLIET LEET
www sliet ac com
SLIET Entrance Syllabus
Jet sliet
SLIET syllabus for b tech
Sliet mba
Sliet set iii
Sliet ac
SLIET MBA Syllabus
SLIET Certificate Syllabus
SLIET SET 1 Syllabus
SLIET Set 3 Syllabus
SLIET UG Syllabus
SLIET Entrance Test Syllabus
SLIET Syllabus SET 3
SLIET Set Syllabus
3rd November 2015, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SLIET Syllabus

Here I am providing detailed syllabus of UG Program of Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) for your reference:

Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) UG Syllabus
AC-5101 ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY Credits:4

UNIT-I REDOX REACTION AND ELECTRO CHEMSITRY: Electrolytic conductance (specific, equivalent and molar conductance), factors affecting conductance, strong and weak electrolytes, Kohlrausch‘s law, Effect of dilution on ionic and equivalent conductance, Oxidation, reduction, oxidation number, redox reactions in terms of oxidation number, oxidation reduction as electron transfer process, equivalent weights of oxidizing and reducing agents, Electrochemical cell, Types of electrodes, electrode potential, EMF, cell reactions, EMF of galvanic cell, electrochemical series and its applications, Nernst‘s equation, relationship of EMF with equilibrium constant and free energy, primary and secondary batteries, Fuel Cells (acid, alkaline and carbonate). (10 Hrs)
CORROSION: Direct, chemical corrosion and mechanism, electrochemical corrosion and mechanism, Galvanic corrosion, concentration cell corrosion, atmospheric corrosion, passivity, pitting corrosion, factors influencing corrosion, prevention of corrosion. (04 Hrs)

UNIT-II LUBRICANTS: Classification of lubricants, lubricating oils, semisolid lubricants, solid and synthetic lubricants. Properties of lubricating oils (viscosity, flash and fire points, cloud and pour point, mechanical stability and saponification number). (04 Hrs)
PHASE RULE: Introduction, definitions, Gibbs phase rule, phase diagrams, one component systems (water, carbon dioxide, sulfur system), two component systems (Pb-Ag, KI-water, Na2SO4-water system). (05 Hrs)

UNIT-III ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY: UV-VIS spectroscopy: Introduction, theory, Frank-Condon principle, Lambert-Beer law, instrumentation, electronic transitions, chromophore, auxochrome, bathochromic, hypsochromic, hypochromic and hyperchromic shifts, effect of polarity and conjugation on max., applications of UV spectroscopy in simple organic molecules. (04 Hrs)
IR spectroscopy: Introduction, theory, selection rules, simple harmonic oscillator, factors affecting molecular vibrations, FT-IR, instrumentation, finger print region, applications of IR to simple functional groups (carbonyl, hydroxyl, amino, carboxylic acids & their derivatives) (04 Hrs)

UNIT-IV NMR spectroscopy: Introduction, theory, instrumentation, chemical shift, shielding and deshielding of protons, factors effecting chemical shift (inductive, anisotropic, hydrogen bonding), spin-spin interactions, coupling constant, applications (ethanol, benzene, isopropanol and acetic acid. (06 Hrs)
Chromatography: Introduction, basic principle and theory of chromatography, thin layer chromatography and column chromatography, gas chromatography, gas liquid chromatography, gas-solid chromatography, high performance liquid chromatography, Simple applications of chromatography. (05 Hrs)

RECOMMENDED BOOKS
1. Electrochemistry for chemists S. Glasstone
2. Engineering Chemistry P.C. Jain
3. A text book of Engineering Chemistry M.M. Uppal
4. Principles of Physical Chemistry Marron and Protton
5. Modern Electrochemistry Bockris & Reddy
6. Instrumental Methods of Analysis Willard, Merrit & Dean
7. Fundamentals of Analytical Chemistry Skoog & West

Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) UG Syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in