2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th April 2015, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Reservation in IIM Ahmedabad

I have completed my graduation and want to join the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) located in Ahmedabad for my master’s. Can you please tell me the eligibility criteria to join the IIM Ahmedabad? Also tell me the Reservation process at the IIM Ahmedabad?
Similar Threads
Thread
OBC Reservation In IIM Ahmedabad
APTDC Reservation
Reservation in NITIE
CSU Room Reservation
Female reservation in MP PET
OBC Reservation in DSSSB
Sc St Reservation In Nda
IIFT OBC Reservation
IIT JEE OBC Reservation
BC-E Reservation In EAMCET
MBA colleges with OBC reservation
Reservation in IIMs for OBC
OBC Reservation In MBA Colleges
SC Reservation in AIPGMEE
CAP Reservation in PGECET
OBC Reservation In IIMS
JNU OBC Reservation
Does NMIMS Have Reservation
OBC reservation quota in DTU.
IIT JEE Reservation for NT-B cast
12th May 2018, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Re: Reservation in IIM Ahmedabad

I want to know the Reservation of seats in Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) so can you tell me?
12th May 2018, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Reservation in IIM Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM Ahmedabad or IIMA) is a public business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.

As per Government of India requirement, 27% of the seats are reserved for NC-OBC, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST candidates and 5% for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD).

Candidates also need to mark carefully the category to which they belong in the CAT application form.

As defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016), "person with benchmark disability" means a person with not less than forty percent (40%) of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority.

"Specified Disability" means the disabilities as specified in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.

The categories of disability are:

a) blindness and low vision,

b) deaf and hard of hearing,

c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy,

d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness,

e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d), and

f) other 'specified disabilities' mentioned in 'The Schedule' of the RPwD Act 2016.

For the purpose of being considered for reservations, the applicable Central Government list as on the last date of CAT registration shall be binding.

No subsequent changes will be effective for CAT 2017 and any subsequent selection process of IIMA.

The candidates belonging to categories for which seats are reserved need to note and read carefully the eligibility requirements before applying.

It should be noted that while it is the endeavour of IIMA that the candidates belonging to NC-OBC/SC/ST/PwD categories join the programme in proportions mandated by the law, they have to meet the eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance in CAT and AWT & PI.

Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad 380015
Gujarat
INDIA

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in