2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd April 2013, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Re: RBI Officers Exam Pattern

Selection for this class I post is made on all- India basis by Reserve Bank of India services Board.

Here I a providing you the RBI Officers Exam Pattern

This Exam Pattern is as below:

The subjects of the Written Examination (WE), time allowed and maximum marks will be as under:

Grade 'A' Officers

Phase I
Objective Type Test
Subjects: General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning.
Duration: 3 hours
Marks: 200

Question Paper Pattern

Test of General Awareness:

To find out the candidate's awareness of people and events, past and present, from different walks of life.

Test of English Language:

To assess proficiency in the English Language through questions on
Grammar,
Vocabulary,
Sentence completion,
Synonyms,

Antonyms,
Comprehension passages etc.

Test of Quantitative Aptitude:
To measure how fast and accurate a candidate can handle computation,
Reasoning and
Interpretation of tables,
Graphs etc

Test of Reasoning:
To determine the thinking and reasoning aptitudes of the candidates through questions of various kinds.
Problems may be of three types, namely
Series,
Analogies and
Classification.

Phase II
Descriptive Test
Subject: English (Essay, Precise Writing/ Comprehension, Business/Office Correspondence)
Duration: 2.5 hours
Marks: 100

Subject: Economic and Social Problems
Duration: 2.5 hours

Grade 'B' Officers' Papers

Phase I
Objective Type Test

Subject: General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning
Marks: 200

Phase II
Subject: English [Essay, Precise Writing/Comprehension, Business/Office Correspondence)

Phase III
Subjects: Economic and Social Problems

31st March 2015, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

I want to get RBI Officers Exam Pattern and syllabus for doing preparation of exam so will you please provide me that ?
31st March 2015, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

As you want to get RBI Officers Exam Pattern and syllabus for doing preparation of exam so here I am giving you same:

Exam Pattern:

Sr No. Objective Type Test Number of Ques Marks Time

1 General Awareness 80 80 130 minutes for all the sections
2 English Language 30 30
3 Quantitative Aptitude 30 30
4 Reasoning 60 60
Total 200 200

Here I am giving you syllabus:

(i) Paper I – English: Essay, Précis writing, Comprehension and Business/Office Correspondence.

(ii) Paper II – Economic and Social Issues: Growth and Development – Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income – Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India – Sustainable Development and Environmental issues. Economic Reforms in India – Industrial and Labour Policy – Monetary and Fiscal Policy – Privatisation – Role of Economic Planning. Globalization – Opening up of the Indian Economy – Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy – International Economic Institutions – IMF and World Bank – WTO – Regional Economic Co-operation. Social Structure in India – Multiculturalism – Demographic Trends – Urbanisation and Migration – Gender Issues – Social Justice : Positive Discrimination in favour of the under privileged – Social Movements – Indian Political System – Human Development – Social Sectors in India, Health and Education.

(iii) Paper III – Finance and Management:

Finance :The Union Budget – Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of revenue; Outlays; New Measures; Financial Sector Reforms; Capital Market, Money Market and Foreign Exchange Market; Stock Exchanges and their Regulation; Capital Market Intermediaries and their Regulation; Role of SEBI; Functions of the Money Market; Growth and Operation of the Money Market; The Foreign Exchange Market; From FERA to FEMA; Exchange Rate Management; Exchange Risk Management; Role of Banks and Financial Institutions in Economic Development; Regulation of Banks and Financial Institutions; Disinvestment in Public Sector Units.

Management: Management: its nature and scope; The Management Processes; Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling; The Role of a Manager in an Organisation. Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader. Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal – Potential appraisal and development – Feedback and Performance Counseling – Career Planning – Training and Development – Rewards – Employee Welfare. Motivation, Morale and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale. Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology. Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechaniss of Corporate Governance.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in