2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th November 2014, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Procedure to join Indian Air Force after B.Tech

As you are eligible for join the Indian Air Force after completing B.Tech. The B.Tech graduates can join Indian Air Force as Flying Officer in Flying Branch and Aeronautical Engineer in Technical Branch.

There are usually three branches of Air Force.
1)Flying branch
2)Technical branch
3)Ground duty branch

The educational qualification required for flying branch is graduation from any stream but with physics and maths in 10+2.

The educational qualification required for technical branch is an engineering degree but mostly of electronics stream.

The educational qualification required for ground duty branch is graduation from any stream.

This is no matter that in which branch you have completed your B.tech.

The important point you should remember is , CSE candidates are not eligible for the TECHNICAL BRANCH in Air force

The candidates who have taken ECE or Mechanical branch in B.tech are only eligible to join in Technical branch

AFCAT = Air force Common Admission Test

The applicant must need to clear the AFCAT for join the Air Force

Eligibility Criteria

1) Flying Branch (198 15/SSC/M)

Age: 19 to 23 years as on 01st July, 2014 (born between 02nd July, 1992 to 01st July, 1996) both dates inclusive

Educational Qualifications:

Graduates (minimum 3 years degree course) in any discipline from a recognized university who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers

2) Technical Branch (197/15T/ SSC/M Courses)

Age: 18 to 28 years as on 01st July, 2015 (born between 02nd July, 1987 to 01st July, 1997) both dates inclusive

3) Ground Duty Branch (197/15G/PCM and 197/15G/SSC/M Courses)

For Post Graduate/LLB (Five years integrated course): 20 to 25 years
4th December 2014, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Air Force after B.Tech

I have completed my B.Tech ECE degree and I want to join became Pilot? So I am searching for the Procedure to join Indian Air Force after B.Tech? Tell me about its eligibility?
4th December 2014, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Procedure to join Indian Air Force after B.Tech

As you say that you have completed your B.tech. you are eligible for join the Indian Air Force as Pilot.

The B.Tech graduates can join Indian Air Force as Flying Officer in Flying Branch and Aeronautical Engineer in Technical Branch.

Combined Defense Services Examination (CDSE), Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission and National Cadet Corps Special Entry are three modes through which B.Tech graduates can join Flying Branch.

Direct Entry Scheme and University Entry Scheme (UES) are two entry options available for aspirants to join the Technical Branch in Indian Air Force.

Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission eligibility:

Both unmarried men and women can apply through this scheme.

The applicant must have minimum of 60% marks during their B.Tech course.

Age limit specified for this scheme is between 19 and 23 years

Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) holders can claim an upper age limit up to 25 years.

The Candidates can forward their application during the months of December and June every year to the concerned Command Head Quarters.

They should qualify in the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT).

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in