2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th May 2016, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Patent Agent Exam

As you have asked about the patent agent exam, I am giving you information about it, check below for the details

Comptroller General of Patent Designs and Trademarks of the Government of India conducts Patent agent exam.
This exam probes aspirants on their knowledge of patent acts and rules in India and as also the drafting and interpretation of patent specification and other documents.
Graduates in streams of science, engineering and technology who have completed 21 years of age are eligible to apply for this exam

Essential qualifications:-

Citizens of India having completed 21 years of age and possessing a degree in science, engineering or technology from any recognized University.

Patent Agent Exam Paper Pattern:-

The written examination consists of two papers of 100 marks each.
Paper 01: Patent Acts and Rules
Paper 02rafting and interpretation of the patent specification and other documents

Paper 01 consists of two parts.

Part A and B

PART A (This section comprises of two sub-sections)
Part A1: The subsection is of 30 marks with 15 MCQ of 2 marks each.Each question will have a maximum of two six choices and minimum of two correct choices.
Part A2: This subsection will have 10 true and false type questions of 10 marks each.

PART B: Part B will consist of eight subjective type questions. Candidates are required to answer any 6 out of the 8 questions.

Paper 02 will also consist of two parts

Part A and B

Part A:The section will contain six questions of 10 marks each. Candidates are required to attempt any four of the following questions. The questions will relate to drafting and interpretation of patent specifications and other documents required to be submitted under the Act and Rules.

Part B (This section comprises of two sub-sections)
Part B1: This is a compulsory section and will consist of one question and will be related to drafting of claims and abstract from the given description of an invention.
Part B2: This sub section consists of two questions. Candidates are required to answer any one. One question may relat to general engineering while the second may be related to chemistry or life sciences.
13th August 2017, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

hello sir. i'm sarath. i need to know that how i can apply for that patent agent exam. Can you please tell me about it and share a link of it to apply for that exam. And i also want to know that when is that exam was going to conducted.
13th August 2017, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir. This is Sarath from Chennai. I need to know that how to apply for the patent agent examination. I searched a lot but I can't able to find that procedure. Can you please help me to give a link about how to apply of the exam in detail. And i also need to know that when it is going to conducted for the upcoming days... Thank you sir. And can you please reply to my mail id sraj07114@gmail.com. It was a kind request sir. Thank you...

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in