2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th October 2012, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Part time MBA essay

The Part time MBA (2013) essay questions for Michigan Ross school of Business are as follows :

1. Introduce yourself in 100 words or less.
2. Describe your career goals. How will the Ross MBA help you to achieve your goals?
(500 word maximum)
3. What are you most passionate about and why? (300 word maximum)
4. Optional question: Is there anything else you think the Admissions Committee should know about you to evaluate your candidacy? (500 word maximum)
26th December 2015, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Hi I would like to have a sample essay on “Why Part Time MBA” as I am going to pursue part time MBA from a college which requires the same & I need the same for reference?
26th December 2015, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Ever from the time when I was a child, I have well-liked those who took risks to achieve their goals and people who pursued their dreams. Even despite the fact that both of my parents are divorce lawyers and expected me to follow in their footsteps, my pathway had always been focused much more on technology and computers.

I have always wanted to employed at the intersection of technology avenue and people street, and I think a part-time MBA from a Business School will give me the tools to achieve my own goals, to pursue my own dreams.

A part-time MBA from DEF gives me the prospect to get the much-needed “general” knowledge about the business world that I will need to take my career to the next level, whatever that is. I’ve always dreamed of owning my company, and something connected to technology seems just a perfect fit given my strong background in both programming and the end-user experience.

I’d like to study how to design services and products, test them, market them, launch them, collect feedback on them, strategize corporate positioning, and just learn how to office accurately. The classes at DEF are of course the familiar centrepieces of its world-class education, but the remarkable faculty and diverse and highly-qualified students at DEF are as much a part of the learning process! The classes in a vacuum would simply not convey as much information.

I find that I discover a great deal from both books and other people, so having an educational program that does both will give me the best of both worlds.

As for “why now?”, I am at a point in my career where it makes sense. I can’t really get promoted at my current employer because the next level of management is far from retirement in this economy (but then, that’s true of most people).

I will almost definitely get a better job on completing my DEF MBA because of its fantastic set of connections of distinguished alumni and international movers and shakers, like G.S. Higgins, whom I saw was a graduate of DEF in the recent CNN article about him. DEF is the precise school for me right now, and I am excited to be a part of it.

Tags
part time courses

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in