2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th June 2018, 08:37 AM
Unregistered

Re: Osmania University EEE Syllabus

I want the syllabus of B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering V Sem of Osmania University so will you provide me?
19th June 2018, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Osmania University EEE Syllabus

I am providing you the syllabus of B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering V Sem of Osmania University

Osmania University B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering V Sem syllabus

Course Code Course Title
EE 301 Power Systems II
EE 302 Electrical Machinery II
EE 303 Power Electronics
EE 304 Digital Electronics and Logic Design
EE 305 Linear Integrated Circuits
EE 306 Linear Control Systems
EE 331 Electrical Machines Lab-I
EE 332 Control Systems Lab

POWER SYSTEMS-II

Instruction : 4 Periods per week
Duration of University Examination : 3 Hours
Sessionals : 25 Marks
University Examination : 75 Marks

Objectives:
1. The student should be able to learn and understand the performance analysis of transmission lines and cables.
2. To be able to comprehend analysis of symmetrical and unsymmetrical faults in the power system.

UNIT-I

Transmission Line theory: Short, medium, long lines- Line calculations, surge
Impedance Loading, Tuned Lines-Power Circle Diagrams and their applications. Corona:
Causes- Disruptive and Visual Critical Voltages, Power loss -minimization of Corona
effects.

UNIT-II

Voltage Control: Phase Modifiers, Induction Regulators -Tap Changing Transformers,
Series and Shunt Capacitance. Reactive Power Requirement Calculations. Static Var
Compensators-Thyristor Controlled Reactors- Thyristor Switched Capacitors.

UNIT-III

Per Unit System of Representation: Use of per unit quantities in power systems,
Advantages of per unit system. Symmetrical Three Phase transients in R-L series circuitsShort Circuit Currents - Reactance of Synchronous Machines- Symmetrical Fault
Calculations. Single line diagram Impedance - reactance diagram. Short circuit capacity
of a bus

UNIT-IV

Unsymmetrical Faults: Symmetrical components of unsymmetrical phasors -Power in terms of symmetrical components -sequence impedance and sequence networks.
Sequence networks of unloaded generators - Sequence impedances of circuit elements -Single line to ground, line-to-line and double line to ground faults on unloaded generatorUnsymmetrical faults of power systems.

UNIT-V

Transients in Power Systems: Causes of over voltages. Travelling Wave ; Theory -Wave equation -Open Circuited Line -The short circuited line Junction of lines of
different natural impedances- -Reflection and refraction Coefficients -Junction of Cable
and overhead lines -Junction of three lines of different natural impedances -Bewley
Lattice diagram

For complete syllabus here is tha attachment

Osmania University B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering V Sem syllabus

Contact-

Osmania University
Osmania University Main Rd, Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007
040 2768 2444

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in