2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd January 2020, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Re: Online Application For Indian Forest Service Examination

Can you provide me the date for availability of Online Application for Indian Forest Service (Preliminary) Examination, 2020 through CS (P) Examination?
22nd January 2020, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Online Application For Indian Forest Service Examination

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts IFS (Indian Forest Services) Exam for recruitment to forestry services of India.

Important Dates

Online application for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2020: 12th February 2020 to 3rd March 2020 (till 11.59 p.m.)
Date of Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2016: 31st May 2020
e-Admit cards for download from official website: 3rd week of May 2020
IFS (Main) Exam: 22nd November, 2020 onwards

Exam Pattern

IFS Exam consists of two stages:
I. Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
II. Indian Forest Service Main Examination (Written and Interview).

I. Preliminary Examination: The Exam is comprises of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
(i). Both the question papers is of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
(ii). The question paper is set both in Hindi and English. However, question relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level is tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
(iii). There are 4 alternatives for the answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer is given by one, one-third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
(iv). Each paper will be of 2 hours duration. Blind candidates will; however, be allowed an extra time of 20 minutes for each paper.

II. Main Examination:
The Main Examination will consist of written exam and an interview test. All Question Papers must be answered in English. Question Papers will be set in English only. Time duration will be 3 hours for each paper.
1. Paper I ā€“ General English 300 Marks
2. Paper II -General Knowledge 300 Marks
3. Papers III, IV, V and VI ā€“ Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects. Each subject will have two papers, 200 marks for each paper.

Paper
Paper-I
General English

Paper-II
General Knowledge

Paper-III
Paper-IV
Paper-V
Paper-VI
Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects
Each subject will have two papers, 200 marks for each paper.

Total Marks 1400

List of Optional Subjects:
(i). Agriculture
(ii). Agricultural Engineering
(iii). Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
(iv). Botany
(v). Chemistry
(vi). Chemical Engineering
(vii). Civil Engineering
(viii). Forestry
(ix). Geology
(x). Mathematics
(xi). Mechanical Engineering
(xii). Physics
(xiii). Statistics
(xiv). Zoology

Provided that one will not be allowed to offer the following combination of subjects:
(a) Agriculture and Agricultural Engg.
(b) Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
(c) Agriculture and Forestry.
(d) Chemistry and Chemical Engg.
(e) Mathematics and Statistics.
(f) Of the Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering - not more than one subject.

Personality Test/ Interview:

The maximum marks for interview 300 marks. One will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who will have before them a record of career.

The object of the Interview is to assess the personal suitability of one for the Service.

One will be expected to have taken an intelligent interest not only in subjects of academic study but also in events which are happening around both within and outside own state or country, as well as in modem currents of thoughts and in new discoveries which should rouse the curiosity of well-educated youth.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in