2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd September 2016, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Re: One Month To CAT Exam

Yes I will suggest me some to prepare for Common Admission Test (CAT) before one month of exam, so that you can follow easily.

Here I’m telling you some tips

On the very first day (i.e, starting tomorrow morning), gather every bit of study material that you have. This includes, but is not limited to, textbooks (eg. Arun Sharma, CL/TIME/IMS study material, grammar & vocab books), practice test papers, mock CAT papers, etc.

The verbal (English) portion is quite a tricky ground to cover. Remember all your basics of grammar. Brush up on vocab, based on the word-root technique as given in the book Word Power made Easy.

After every test, look at the solutions for every question. This is an integral part of concept-building.

You will have identified several question-types from each section that are favourites and repeatedly occur.

You will have identified which kind of questions are difficult for you and which are more scoring. Now is when you formulate your test-taking strategy.

Do not worry if you feel that time is short now. It is about what you can do now, not about what you could have done but didn't

Practice a few sectional tests too. This is a part of speed-building. You have gathered a few new concepts and techniques over the past two weeks

Remember all the mistakes you have made thus far, and why you made them. This is very, very important.

Only full-length mock tests. If possible, two a day.

The same rules about analyzing your tests hold.

Revision is the most important aspect of exam preparation. If you do not revise what you have learnt so far, you would not be able to perform as per expectation

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in