2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd July 2014, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Re: NICFS Delhi M.Sc Forensic science Apply Process

Here I am giving you procedure to apply for admission in M.Sc Forensic science course offered by National Institute of Forensic science and criminology, Delhi

==go on official website of National Institute of Forensic science and criminology, Delhi
==click on education option given on upper side of home page of it
==than click on courses option in academic section
==now form is not publish whenever it will be publish you can fill form on that page .

syllabus for MSC Forensic science course

Semester-I,
Paper I M.Sc. Forensic Science
FS-101 Introduction: Field & Laboratory L-4,T-1,P-0,S-1 CREDITS-6

Unit - I Criminal Justice System & forensic science in India; What is Forensic Science? Areas of forensic science, Criminalistics, Forensic Pathology, Forensic Anthropology, Forensic Odontology, Forensic Engineering, Toxicology, Behavioural Science, Questioned documents. A bit of forensic science history. Forensic Science Laboratory: Organisation & services Forensic Science Lab. Administration, Central & State Forensic Science Laboratories in India, Forensic Science Laboratory Services in India, Standard Laboratory services, Evidence intake, analytical sections other laboratory services. Administrative issues with Forensic Science Laboratories; Accountability, Access to Laboratory services. The forensic scientist: Education & training of forensic scientists, Analysis of evidence: Chain of custody, Turnaround time, preservation & spoilages, sampling, reports, expert testimony.

Unit - II Crime Scene Investigation: Response to Crime Scene, Plan of action, Secure the scene, Preliminary Survey, Photography, sketch, chain of custody, Crime Scene search & evidence collection, Final Survey, Submission of evidence to the Laboratory, safety, Sources & Forms of dangerous materials: Inhalation, skin contact, Ingestion, Injection. Universal precautions, personal protective equipments, transporting hazardous materials. Court Room; Legal aspects of forensic science– Legal Constraints on the Criminal Investigation process, unreasonable search & seizures, self –incrimination, production of evidence, Expert Witness, Authentication of evidence, Admissibility of evidence, Admissibility of scientific & technical evidence, writing reports, Examples of analysis & reports Testimony; Difference between a civil case & a criminal case, being a witness & an expert consideration for testimony.

NICFS Delhi M.Sc Forensic science syllabus

Attached Files
File Type: pdf NICFS Delhi M.Sc Forensic science syllabus.pdf (945.6 KB, 342 views)
20th June 2015, 06:49 PM
saikiranmai

which type of question will you ask in the examination plz send me the syllabus
17th October 2016, 02:40 PM
raginisenger

I need the details of books required for MSc forensic science entrance.
17th September 2019, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddy I want to do M.Sc Forensic science from National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science (NICFS) and for the same here looking for apply process so will you plz let me know about the same here ??
17th September 2019, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan National Institute Of Criminology And Forensic Science commonly known as NICFS provides comprehensive facilities for teaching, training, and research in both Forensic and Criminology Sciece under a single roof.

Apply process for admission:
You have to give an entrance exam which is taken by guru going singh indraprastha university Delhi ,forms will be available online from march ,just clear the exam get a good rank and then after counselling you will get admission in NICFS

Course info:
M.Sc. in Forensic Science

Eligibility
Mandatory Course : B.Sc.
Candidate must have studied at least 2 year (4 semesters) of 3 years degree course in any 2 subjects from the following:
1. Physics
2. Chemistry
3. Biology (Zoology/ Genetics/ Bio-technology/ Physical Anthropology

Address
Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan National Institute of Criminology & Forensic Science
Golden Hospital, Outer Ring Road, Rohini(Sector 3), Adjacent to Jaipur, Delhi, 110085
Phone: 011 2752 1091
19th April 2020, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for this course after bds or not?

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in