2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th October 2014, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Re: B.Sc in Forensic Science Information

B.Sc. Forensic Sciences or Bachelor of Science in Forensic Sciences is an undergraduate Forensic Science course. The minimum duration of this program is three years.

Forensic Science is broadly grouped into three Types:
Medical,
Laboratory and
Field science

Eligibility
The applicant should have Pass in class 12th with minimum 60% (45% for SC/ST) in aggregate in Physics, chemistry, zoology, botany, biochemistry, microbiology, B.Pharm., BDS or applied science.

Topics covered in B.Sc FS:

Behavioral Science I
Crime and Socio Cultural and Psychological Factors
Crime Scene Investigation-Importance, Location and Evaluation
English
Foreign Language I
Introduction to Criminology and Criminal Behavior
Introduction to Forensic Science, Forensic Science Laboratory–Expert Testimony and Laws Specially Related to Forensic Science
Law And Criminal Behavior
Behavioral Science II
Blood Analysis, Phenolphthalein Test, Benzedine Test, Blood Pattern Analysis, Grouping, Species Identification
English
Foreign Language II
Physical Evidence in Forensic Science
Ten Digit Fingerprint Classification–Latent Fingerprint, Footprints, Tool Marks and Tyre Impressions
The Metric System and Physical Properties of Evidence- Analysis of Physical Evidences-Glass, Fiber, Soil, Paint and Hair
Analysis of Biological Fluids Like, Semen, Vaginal Swabs, Saliva, Sweat, Urine, Feces and Vomit
Behavioral Science III
Communication Skills I
Foreign Language III
Fundamental Introduction to Biology and Chemistry
Introduction to Toxicology, Classification of Poisons and their effect on Human Body
Pharmacological and Toxicological effects and Chemical Examination of different types of Poisons and Drugs

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in