2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th April 2015, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

New Pattern Of PTU Exam

I am the student of MBA in Punjab Technical University and I want the examination pattern so can you please provide me? Also provide me the syllabus and the previous year question paper of MBA of Punjab Technical University?
Similar Threads
Thread
Exam pattern and syllabus of Punjab Food Inspector exam
Syllabus or exam pattern of Army Cadet College written exam
Exam pattern and the syllabus of State Bank of India clerk exam
Exam pattern of Coal India Management Trainee Exam
Exam pattern of PO post exam of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance
Exam pattern of Special Railway Apprentice Classes Exam
JIPMER entrance exam study materials or exam pattern
Exam pattern of exam of Intelligence Bureau ACIO grade II
Exam pattern and the reference books for the exam of Indian Engineering Service
Exam Pattern or syllabus of Life Insurance Corporation of India AAO exam
Tips to clear Staff Selection Exam. Its model test papers and exam pattern.
Exam pattern of University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test exam
Exam pattern of HPCL officer trainee exam of Chemical Engineering
SAIL Management Trainee Exam syllabus or exam pattern for Civil Engineering
Syllabus and the exam pattern of Reserve Bank of India Young Scholar Exam
Exam pattern and the reference books for the exam of Air Force Common Admission Test
Eligibility and the exam pattern of exam of National Defence Academy
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Junior Engineer exam syllabus or exam pattern
Exam pattern of National Insurance Company administrative officer written exam
Syllabus or exam pattern of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer/Grade II exam
21st June 2018, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Re: New Pattern Of PTU Exam

I am pursuing B.Tech Mechanical Course from Punjab Technical University (PTU). I have passed 2nd Semester of this Course and recently taken admission in 3rd Semester. I got news from my friend that the exam pattern for 3rd Semester B.Tech course has changed. So can anyone provide new pattern of exam for 3rd Semester B.Tech Mechanical Course of Punjab Technical University (PTU)?
21st June 2018, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Re: New Pattern Of PTU Exam

As you are looking for new exam pattern for B.Tech 3rd Semester Mechanical Engineering Program of Punjab Technical University (PTU), so here I am providing the latest exam pattern as per batch 2011.

Punjab Technical University (PTU) B.Tech Mechanical Engineering 3rd Sem Exam Pattern:

Course Course Name Marks Distribution Total
Code Internal External Marks
BTME301 Strength of Materials- I 40 60 100
BTME302 Theory of Machines-I 40 60 100
BTME303 Machine Drawing 1 40 60 100
BTME304 Applied Thermodynamics -I 40 60 100
BTME305 Manufacturing Processes I 40 60 100
BTME306 Engineering Materials & Metallurgy 40 60 100
BTME307 Engineering Materials & Metallurgy 30 20 50
Lab
BTME308 Strength of Materials Lab. 30 20 50
BTME309 Applied Thermodynamics Lab 30 20 50
BTME 310 Workshop Training* 60 40 100
Total 390 460 850

Here I am attaching complete syllabus of B.Tech 3rd Semester Mechanical Engineering for your reference:

Punjab Technical University (PTU) B.Tech Mechanical Engineering 3rd Sem Syllabus

BTME 301 Strength of Materials I
Unit I

Simple, Compound Stresses and Strains: Stress and Strain and their types, Hooks law, longitudinal and lateral strain, Poissons ratio, stress-strain diagram for ductile and brittle materials, extension of a bar due to without and with self weight, bar of uniform strength, stress in a bar, elastic constants and their significance, relation between elastic constants, Youngs modulus of elasticity, modulus of rigidity and bulk modulus. Temperature stress and strain calculation due to axial load and variation of temperature in single and compound bars. Two dimensional stress system, stress at a point on a plane, principal stresses and principal planes, Mohrs circle of stress ellipse of stress and their applications. Generalized Hook's law, principal stresses related toprincipal strains.

Unit II
Bending Moment (B.M) and Shear Force (S.F) Diagrams: S.F and B.M definitions; relation between load, shear force and bending moment; B.M and S.F diagrams for cantilevers, simply supported beams with or without overhangs, and calculation of maximum B.M and S.F and the point of contra flexure under the following loads:
a) Concentrated loads
b) Uniformity distributed loads over the whole span or part of span
c) Combination of concentrated and uniformly distributed load
d) Uniformly varying loads
e) Application of moments

Unit III
Bending Stresses In Beams: Assumptions in the simple bending theory; derivation of formula and its application to beams of rectangular, circular and channel, I and T- sections. Combined direct and bending stresses in afore-mentioned sections, composite / flitched beams.

Unit IV
Torsion: Derivation of torsion equation and its assumptions and its application to the hollow and solid circular shafts. Torsional rigidity, combined torsion and bending of circular shafts; principal stress and maximum shear stresses under combined loading of bending and torsion.

Unit V
Columns and struts: Introduction, failure of columns, Eulers formula, Rankine-Gordons formula, Johnsons empirical formula for axially loaded columns and their applications.

Unit VI
Slope and deflection: Relationship between moment, slope and deflection; method of integration, Macaulays method, moment area method and use of these methods to calculate slope and deflection for the following:
a) Cantilevers
b) Simply supported beams with or without overhang
c) Under concentrated loads, uniformly distributed loads or combination of concentrated & uniformly distributed loads

BTME-302 Theory of Machines-I
Unit I

Basic Concept of machines: Link, Mechanism, Kinematic Pair and Kinematic Chain, Principles of Inversion, Inversion of a Four Bar Chain, Slider-Crank-Chain and Double Slider-Crank-Chain. Graphical and Analytical methods for finding: Displacement, Velocity, and Acceleration of mechanisms (including Corliolis Components).

Unit II
Lower and higher Pairs: Universal Joint, Calculation of maximum Torque, Steering Mechanisms including Ackerman and Davis approximate steering mechanism, Engine Indicator, Pentograph, Straight Line Mechanisms, Introduction to Higher Pairs With Examples.

Unit III
Belts, Ropes and Chains: Material & Types of belt, Flat and V-belts, Rope & Chain Drives, Idle Pulley, Intermediate or Counter Shaft Pulley, Angle and Right Angle Drive, Quarter Turn Drive, Velocity Ratio, Crowning of Pulley, Loose and fast pulley, stepped or cone pulleys, ratio of tension on tight and slack side of belts, Length of belt, Power transmitted by belts including consideration of Creep and Slip, Centrifugal Tensions and its effect on power transmission.

Unit IV
Cams: Types of cams and follower, definitions of terms connected with cams. Displacement, velocity and acceleration diagrams for cam followers. Analytical and Graphical design of cam profiles with various motions (SHM, uniform velocity, uniform acceleration and retardation, cycloidal Motion). Analysis of follower motion for circular, convex and tangent cam profiles.

Unit V
Friction Devices: Concepts of friction and wear related to bearing and clutches. Types of brakes function of brakes. Braking of front and rear tyres of a vehicle. Determination of braking capacity, Types of dynamometers, (absorption, and transmission).

Unit VI
Flywheels: Turning moment and crank effort diagrams for reciprocating machines Fluctuations of speed, coefficient of fluctuation of speed and energy, Determination of mass and dimensions of flywheel used for engines and punching machines.

Unit VII
Governors: Function, types and characteristics of governors. Watt, Porter and Proell governors. Hartnell and Willson-Hartnell spring loaded governors. Numerical problems related to these governors. Sensitivity, stability, isochronisms and hunting of governors. Governor effort and power, controlling force curve, effect of sleeve friction.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in